GSP vs SILVA is NOT worth the time

nyran125

Dont bother with this fight... more interested in JON bones Jones fighting Anderson Silva.. SILVA will smash GSP.. so why bother? After watching Shields vs GSP, Silva vs GSP is NOT the superfight you people think it will be.

JON JONES vs SILVA is a superfight..not GSP vs SILVA.

I want a Shields vs GSP rematch. Yes GSP won the fight but did he smash Shields? Not even close.. sometimes he even got outstruck by Shields.

So rematch first befor eany stupid pointless weight gain by GSP which isnt even a decent superfight. Silva is by FAR a better fighter than GSP, its not worth the money it will cost to advertise it.

I'd still like nothing more then Pierre get savagely KO'd by Silva.

i suppose it woulod be fun to watch.. Bu ti think its a waste of Advertising money and id have to watch the build up and countdown knowing whos going to win anyway lol. We might as well just put down a W for Anderson now adn get it over and done with. Besides GSP does NOT want to fight Anderson, its pretty obvious.

i suppose it woulod be fun to watch.. Bu ti think its a waste of Advertising money and id have to watch the build up and countdown knowing that whos going to win anyway lol.

I'd love it... Hearing Pierre say again.. "dont blink" & "im going to finish him" When we know it aint going to happen...

It's hard to say when it comes to comparing Silva and GSP. On one side GSP can't finish fights anymore and basically gets into shut out endurance contests lately. On the other side Silva fights trashy competition and seems to avoid anyone that has a chance of beating him.

Whose better, the fighter that tries to out point his opponents or the fighter that will bring it but only fights scrubs in the weakest division? You decide

when has Silva fought crappy competition? I think every single Silv a fight hes had is against a UFC top 5 at the time. If Koscheck is a UFC top 5 then they really need more fighters not just ultimate fighter "i want to be in UFC 1 day" type fighters.

It's hard to say when it comes to comparing Silva and GSP. On one side GSP can't finish fights anymore and basically gets into shut out endurance contests lately. On the other side Silva fights trashy competition and seems to avoid anyone that has a chance of beating him.

Whose better' date=' the fighter that tries to out point his opponents or the fighter that will bring it but only fights scrubs in the weakest division? You decide[/quote']

How about this. You refer to Silva as "avoiding anyone that has a chance of beating him". So do you just ignore what GSP does in every single one of his fights?

Not only that, but when Silva is "avoiding" these guys, why is it that they look terrible after the fight (take Maia for example)? Yet, when GSP has a purely striking contest with a HORRENDOUS striker, it's actually GSP who comes out of the fight looking like he just got hit by a truck? You decide.

How about this. You refer to Silva as "avoiding anyone that has a chance of beating him". So do you just ignore what GSP does in every single one of his fights?

Not only that' date=' but when Silva is "avoiding" these guys, why is it that they look terrible after the fight (take Maia for example)? Yet, when GSP has a purely striking contest with a HORRENDOUS striker, it's actually GSP who comes out of the fight looking like he just got hit by a truck? You decide.[/quote']

Your entire post don't make sense.

You say GSP avoids his opponents? Look at their face and then tell me that....

GSP finally gets a cut on his face and you guys act like he sucks now? I don't get it.

GSP finally gets a cut on his face and you guys act like he sucks now? I don't get it.

Well lets look at this way. Shields performance was pitiful, yet GSP face was cut....

Get it?

Well lets look at this way. Shields performance was pitiful' date=' yet GSP face was cut....

Get it?[/quote']

Nope.

You really going to keep crying because GSP didn't give everyone a KO or finish...The perfect way to fix all your problems is don't order the fight if you are going to complain every time......

Let me break it down for you, and I'll try to keep it short so that it can fit into your tiny attention span.

You said Silva avoids fighters who can challenge him. I take this to mean that you are referring to Silva dancing and avoiding Leites and Maia. Silva avoided going to the ground with both of those fighters, which is where they are both great.

So now, what did GSP do against Alves and Hardy? They're both great strikers, so he avoided the standup. What did GSP do against Kos and Shields? He avoided grappling, because that is where both fighters have the most skill.

Silva has only avoided those two fighters (Leites and Maia), whereas GSP has in essence avoided all of his last 4 opponents.

Now, when has GSP ever looked as dominant as Silva did against Leben, Vitor, Forrest, Nate Marquardt, and Rich Franklin (twice)?

In the last 3 years, GSP has never even come close. And you wanna know the difference? At least Silva goes for, and gets, the finish.

I'd love it... Hearing Pierre say again.. "dont blink" & "im going to finish him" When we know it aint going to happen...

Hahaha!! Yeah I was dying laughing when he said that at the weigh-ins. I dont know why he even bothers saying things like that. smh

Let me break it down for you' date=' and I'll try to keep it short so that it can fit into your tiny attention span.

You said Silva avoids fighters who can challenge him. I take this to mean that you are referring to Silva dancing and avoiding Leites and Maia. Silva avoided going to the ground with both of those fighters, which is where they are both great.

[b']So now, what did GSP do against Alves and Hardy? They're both great strikers, so he avoided the standup. What did GSP do against Kos and Shields? He avoided grappling, because that is where both fighters have the most skill.[/b]

Silva has only avoided those two fighters (Leites and Maia), whereas GSP has in essence avoided all of his last 4 opponents.

Now, when has GSP ever looked as dominant as Silva did against Leben, Vitor, Forrest, Nate Marquardt, and Rich Franklin (twice)?

In the last 3 years, GSP has never even come close. And you wanna know the difference? At least Silva goes for, and gets, the finish.

And I think its funny how GSP says he beats his opponents at there own game

Archived