how can you call GSP vs Shields boring?

JBEVIL

it was a GREAT fight, not the most exciting but still a great fight.. the only reason why i think so many people are on GSP's back is because all they focus on is if he can finish his opponents. Its completely ridiculous and getting so out of hand its driving me crazy.

YES, i was one of the people who thought GSP would be able to put Shields away easy.. but Shields proved its not as easy as people think.. the man can sure take some good shots and recover quickly ( that kick to the head was just like the matt hughes ll kick)..

but i really dont get what everyones problem is? talking like GSP has no killer instinct and how he never tries to finish his opponents and blah blah blah.. its smack talk and your all just making up crap in your heads and believing your own stories, GSP was throwing a big right all night and just wasnt able to land a good hit, but guess what people, IT HAPPENS ! fights dont always go as expected or planned, everyone knows this.. but just because its GSP, everyone has to sh*t on him..

GSP won with ease, unfortunately he got a thumb in the eye ( i think it was a thumb correct me if im wrong) but he won the fight with ease and yes i agree he had a few chances to capitilize on and didnt, but it was still a great fight and i enjoyed it.. yes we all want to see a finish from GSP but Shields has a hard head.. that kick would hurt alot of people, Shields took that kick pretty damn good and i was impressed he recovered that quick..

so yea, for the ones that call it boring, i beg the differ, i thought it was great, i dont need to see a finish to call the fight great, did aldo finish? no.. and the only reason why people call it an amazing battle is because hominicks face.. there wasnt much spectacular in that fight besides the injuries, Aldo looked sloppy after the second round.. and horrible in the 5th and almost lost it.. Aldo didnt put on a great performance either but noone says anything lol, cmon MMA fans, get real and get off GSP's back already.

The fight was horrible... even the best of the GSP fanboys have admitted. Dana didn't look too happy about it, everyone on this forum sure didn't look happy about it. The Canadians didn't sound too into it either... You just can't defend that horrible fight.. it was a war of the pillow fists that had no exciting moments.

The fight was horrible... even the best of the GSP fanboys have admitted. Dana didn't look too happy about it' date=' everyone on this forum sure didn't look happy about it. The Canadians didn't sound too into it either... You just can't defend that horrible fight.. it was a war of the pillow fists that had no exciting moments.[/quote']

thats your opinion, and obviously your just another guy who only likes knock outs, the fight wasnt horrible in my eyes and many others.. was it the best fight ive ever seen? NO, but its was a great fight, Shields made it through, he took some good shots, he messed up GSP's eye, but GSP still won decisively with one eye, props to george, props to shields, great fight I ENJOYED IT.

GSP had a bad fight plain and simple. It was a bad fight for both guys. I have defended GSP in many of his fights because I think he usually is very dominant and busy. In this fight he feared the take down and after his eye got hurt was so hesistant to throw he actually lost a round. GSP was doing ok before the eye injury, but even then he was too hesistant. I am still a fan, but he needs to improve big time in his next fight. Did he beat by far his biggest test yet? Yes he did, but he could have done much better.

In my opinion this fight does not compare to GSP's other fights. In other fights he did not get the finish, but he was always throwing strikes, going for take downs or working hard on the ground. In this fight he was hesistant to do anything, especially in the later rounds when he had the vision problem.

As a fan I expect way more from someone with his skills. He needs to have a good showing in his next fight to gain some of the fans back he lost in that fight.

thats your opinion' date=' and obviously your just another guy who only likes knock outs, the fight wasnt horrible in my eyes and many others.. was it the best fight ive ever seen? NO, but its was a great fight, Shields made it through, he took some good shots, he messed up GSP's eye, but GSP still won decisively with one eye, props to george, props to shields, great fight I ENJOYED IT.[/quote']

No I don't just like knock outs... Aldo vs Hominick.. epic... GSP vs Shields? Another typical GSP fight where he is scared to capitalize on ANYTHING.. he knocked Shields down then stood back.... c'mon..... it was a snoozefest that isn't winning GSP or MMA any fans.

I thought this fight was boring and I'm a Fitch fan :eek:

lol well i guess everyone has their own thoughts.. i just really dont think its as bad as people are putting it out to be, i enjoyed it me and my friends were lovin it last night lol, it does bug me that he hasnt been getting a finish lately because i thought for sure he would put shields away, but if you watch it again, GSP started doing way worse after the eye injury, before it he droped shields with a jab, and the head kick.. and shields wasnt landing much, but after the eye injury shields started landing alot more and GSP was alot more hesitant.. GSP will come strong next fight..

he needs this fire back.. and i think all the criticism will get to him and piss him off, and thats when GSP is at his best.

he needs to have this kind of attitude, look at his entrance here, he was pumped

• 3 months later...
it was a GREAT fight' date=' not the most exciting but still a great fight.. the only reason why i think so many people are on GSP's back is because all they focus on is if he can finish his opponents. Its completely ridiculous and getting so out of hand its driving me crazy.

YES, i was one of the people who thought GSP would be able to put Shields away easy.. but Shields proved its not as easy as people think.. the man can sure take some good shots and recover quickly ( that kick to the head was just like the matt hughes ll kick)..

but i really dont get what everyones problem is? talking like GSP has no killer instinct and how he never tries to finish his opponents and blah blah blah.. its smack talk and your all just making up crap in your heads and believing your own stories, GSP was throwing a big right all night and just wasnt able to land a good hit, but guess what people, IT HAPPENS ! fights dont always go as expected or planned, everyone knows this.. but just because its GSP, everyone has to sh*t on him..

GSP won with ease, unfortunately he got a thumb in the eye ( i think it was a thumb correct me if im wrong) but he won the fight with ease and yes i agree he had a few chances to capitilize on and didnt, but it was still a great fight and i enjoyed it.. yes we all want to see a finish from GSP but Shields has a hard head.. that kick would hurt alot of people, Shields took that kick pretty damn good and i was impressed he recovered that quick..

so yea, for the ones that call it boring, i beg the differ, i thought it was great, i dont need to see a finish to call the fight great, did aldo finish? no.. and the only reason why people call it an amazing battle is because hominicks face.. there wasnt much spectacular in that fight besides the injuries, Aldo looked sloppy after the second round.. and horrible in the 5th and almost lost it.. Aldo didnt put on a great performance either but noone says anything lol, cmon MMA fans, get real and get off GSP's back already.[/quote']

Considering how great the rest of the fight card at UFC 129 was

GSP vs Shields should have been on the prelims and Aldo vs Hom should have been the main event

At least GSP should admit he is a point fighter

the first round was actually exciting. gsp threw a few spinning backkicks was actually striking. once his eye got ****ed up in the 2nd/3rd round it just went downhill and he was just defending. Shields didnt do anything to win. didnt push the pace or anything. yeah it was boring. disappointing.

the only thing is GSP is only getting critisized. Dont know why no one isnt giving any critisism to Shields who said he wasn't gonna be like gsp's past opponents and he was gonna push the pace.

but yea, boring fight imo.

No I don't just like knock outs... Aldo vs Hominick.. epic... GSP vs Shields? Another typical GSP fight where he is scared to capitalize on ANYTHING.. he knocked Shields down then stood back.... c'mon..... it was a snoozefest that isn't winning GSP or MMA any fans.

shields plays games like nog brothers just in an american way .. gsp safed his legacy.. he didnt roll the dice and risk his career ..

Well so far this thread isnt even a single page.

Dont get your hopes up.

I think it's because people were so bored by GSP's performance that they don't even want to take the time to real the op. They don't want to all of the sudden fall asleep from the bordom of trying to explain a GSP fight in an exciting way

it was a GREAT fight' date=' not the most exciting but still a great fight.. the only reason why i think so many people are on GSP's back is because all they focus on is if he can finish his opponents. Its completely ridiculous and getting so out of hand its driving me crazy.

so yea, for the ones that call it boring, i beg the differ, i thought it was great, i dont need to see a finish to call the fight great, did aldo finish? no.. and the only reason why people call it an amazing battle is because hominicks face.. there wasnt much spectacular in that fight besides the injuries, Aldo looked sloppy after the second round.. and horrible in the 5th and almost lost it.. Aldo didnt put on a great performance either but noone says anything lol, cmon MMA fans, get real and get off GSP's back already.[/quote']

lol that fight was boring just cuz a sperm collector like you doesn't agree, it doesn't matter end of discussion.

With all due fairness that fight had a tough act to follow in Aldo vs Hominick fight, as well as the other stellar performances on that card. But when I read people complaining about 'boring this', and 'lay n pray that' those people generally have no appreciation for what it takes to train, and go fight in front of a crowd for a living, or just want to complain about something for nothing more than the fact of just being heard, no real arguements...

With all due fairness that fight had a tough act to follow in Aldo vs Hominick fight' date=' as well as the other stellar performances on that card. But when I read people complaining about 'boring this', and 'lay n pray that' those people generally have no appreciation for what it takes to train, and go fight in front of a crowd for a living, or just want to complain about something for nothing more than the fact of just being heard, no real arguements...[/quote']

ahh why hello there, another St Pierre Sperm Official.

"I fight safe' date=' every time I step in the cage my life is at risk. It's more important for me to not get hit then to hit the other guy" - Georges St-Pierre

This^^^ makes you one of the most boring fighters on the planet[/quote']

Always pulls on out of the hat...

Agreed 100 percent.

I totally agree. The problem is whenever you watch someone you hate continously win, it will always be less entertaining.

Archived