UFC 133 - UFC Featherweight Title Fight - Jose Aldo (c) vs Chad Mendes

Jbrahams

So did Dana say this might be happening at UFC 133?

I didn't watch the presser but it's what I heard,

Sounds like the right match up anyway, Aldo didn't look great against a tough Hominick but he did say the weight tough was harder since he had more muscle from the longer layoff but I think Mendes is the right guy at the moment to fight him. Will be interesting to see how Aldo does against a strong wrestler in Mendes.

Also makes this card a lot stronger, even though I thought it would be at UFC 134 in Brazil, but anyway:

UFC FW Championship: Jose Aldo © vs Chad Mendes

Vitor Belfort vs Yoshihiro Akiyama

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Rich Franklin

Phil Davis vs Rashad Evans

Alessio Sakara vs Jorge Rivera

Dennis Hallman vs Brian Ebersole

Rafael Natal vs Riki Fukuda

I mean this card looks stacked, everyone was complaining about it when Jones dropped out and said it should be a free card, even before the FW title fight it still looked great to me

Thoughts?

I hope so' date=' Aldo wasnt at his best because of the ring rust and i dont blame him, he still put on an amazing performance.[/quote']

yeah, Hominick deserves huge props though, it's great that he will get his $129 000 FOTN bonus, plus his fight money, so that he can use it to spoil his new child

Didn't he just say that Florion would get the next shot with a win against Nunes?

yeah but if Florian is fighting at UFC 131' date=' then the earliest he could probably fight Aldo would be at around UFC 135 or something, might as well keep Aldo busy

Mendes doesn't deserve Aldo. Aldo would KO him in the first round with ease.

well every other top FW seems to be booked to fight

Nunes/Florian and Poirier/Yanha

Mendes is the best option out of the current fighters that are available

Archived