Even with one eye GSP dominates...will anyone ever defeat this beast?

TheTerribleWilliamson

All the haters were pretty sure Shields would dethrone GSP and they were wrong' date=' as usual. Even with a damages cornea and vision in only one eye he dominated and embarrassed Shields. So who I ask, even has a chance of beating GSP at welterweight?

I think it's time he moved up and cleaned house at middleweight.[/quote']

Embarrassed Shields by spending all 25 minutes in the stand-up with him and being unable to outstrike him? Or how about when GSP could have gone for a finish, but he refused to. THAT was the embarrassment.

As soon as he fights a great JJ practitioner with average/above average striking, GSP has a good chance of losing.

I think GSP lost a lot of fans/fanboys last night. Really disappointing.

Not that it should matter to him as a fighter' date=' but he ain't going to be making that cheddar as much if he continues down this path.[/quote']

Down the path of winning? Oh man, he's in trouble now.

All the haters were pretty sure Shields would dethrone GSP and they were wrong' date=' as usual. Even with a damages cornea and vision in only one eye he dominated and embarrassed Shields. So who I ask, even has a chance of beating GSP at welterweight?

Get over it dude .. GSP is the best p4p dissapointing fighter ....

Now, to answer your question: nobody has a chance to beat GSP because he doesnt fight and unfortunatelly GSP STILL DIDNT FACE A GOOD JJ GUY WITH A OK STRIKES AND AGRESSIVINESS

Get over it dude .. GSP is the best p4p dissapointing fighter ....

Now' date=' to answer your question: nobody has a chance to beat GSP because he doesnt fight and unfortunatelly GSP STILL DIDNT FACE A GOOD JJ GUY WITH A OK STRIKES AND AGRESSIVINESS[/quote']

If GSP doesn't fight he should be easy as hell to beat?

if he runs away.... run faster ... and tackle him ..

if he's too quick with his strikes ... strike ****ing faster ..

easy as pie

If GSP doesn't fight he should be easy as hell to beat?

if he runs away.... run faster ... and tackle him ..

if he's too quick with his strikes ... strike ****ing faster ..

easy as pie

GSP is like Machida (both have a karate base, different styles yes but still karate), without the offense.

If he had the deadly offense that Machida posseses (and i believe he could have better), oh man... P4P discussions would be stupid, GSP would own that by far.

Embarrassed Shields by spending all 25 minutes in the stand-up with him and being unable to outstrike him? Or how about when GSP could have gone for a finish' date=' but he refused to. THAT was the embarrassment.

As soon as he fights a great JJ practitioner with average/above average striking, GSP has a good chance of losing.[/quote']

GSP did outstrike Shields in the times his eye was fine... and had far more effective and cleaner strikes than Shields did for the whole fight even with his eye screwed up...

If anything, GSP should train stand up with Bisping. Now I know most of you aren't a fan of Bisping, but one thing he has going for himself is he can really utilize that 1-2 combo that if GSP worked on that, would probably be ending fights with how powerful his jabs are in the first place. If GSP has any holes to fill in his stand up, it's not using combinations and using only 1 off attacks (single outstretched jabs, superman punch, spinning back kick). Powerful attacks as they might be, but without putting combinations together they could be timed and countered which Shields was picking up on in the later rounds of the fight.

Bisping uses both good foot movement and the follow up combination making it harder to time him, and again if GSP added something like this to his stand up, it would only compliment his existing standup and make him that much more dominate.

wow ppl believe still in gsp after that fight i give respect to the fans for stickin with him but your champion lacks heart n killer instinct if it was up to george he would of stop the fight if you tell a doc you cant see out 1 of your eyes its over n if jake had stones instead of pillows for fist who knows what would went down differentially:confused:

I agree. I would like to see him move up now also.

It's....... Tiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmme.

Embarrassed Shields by spending all 25 minutes in the stand-up with him and being unable to outstrike him? Or how about when GSP could have gone for a finish' date=' but he refused to. THAT was the embarrassment.

As soon as he fights a great JJ practitioner with average/above average striking, GSP has a good chance of losing.[/quote']

Yeah this is said about everyone that GSP fights yet he devises a gameplan and wins.

Hughes.

Penn.

Alvez.

Fitch.

Kos.

Hardy.

Now Shields.

wow ppl believe still in gsp after that fight i give respect to the fans for stickin with him but your champion lacks heart n killer instinct if it was up to george he would of stop the fight if you tell a doc you cant see out 1 of your eyes its over n if jake had stones instead of pillows for fist who knows what would went down differentially:confused:

Jesus H Christ... the guy had one functioning eye. Do you understand what that does to your depth perception?

I have been defending GSP's decision performances, but man anyone could see that he is not even trying for a finish.

I don't understand how people keep defending his performances. Sure, he is dominant, but he does not even try to finish his fights. That's fine, but he should shut his mouth and not say dumb **** like "don't blink tomorrow".

Props to him for being the most dominant WW, but he is hella boring, the worst part is that he has got more tools than he is showing. I'm sure he could have finished his last few fights, he just hasn't got the killer instinct.

"ee does not know what I will do to 'im"

Everyone knows, you will be a ***** and play it safe for 25 mins..

I have been a big GSP fan for a long time, but I'm really getting sick of him. Not that my opinion matters to him, nor does it matter to his fans. Just saying

Look I am a fan of St Pierre and I agree that he didn't have the best night.

But seriously, I was far more disappointed in Jake Shields. This guy did nothing to win the title. Nothing. In fact, I will s ay that had GSP not injured that eye in the 2nd round, it would have gone much much worse for Shields.

Jesus H Christ... the guy had one functioning eye. Do you understand what that does to your depth perception?

awwwwwwwww poor baby did see kos quit when his eye looked like ******* did you see mark hominick quit when he a soft ball stuck in his forehead and a closed eyed no! thats heart they didnt cry about his depth perception

Yeah this is said about everyone that GSP fights yet he devises a gameplan and wins.

Hughes.

Penn.

Alvez.

Fitch.

Kos.

Hardy.

Now Shields.

Hughes - not dangerous off his back, below average boxing.

Penn - Very well rounded, but undersized. That being said, give him a 3rd fight against GSP, without Vaseline to protect GSP on the ground, and it could be a much much different fight than the 2nd fight.

Alves - Not dangerous off his back.

Fitch - Moderate off his back, average at best striking.

Kos - Not dangerous off his back, good TDD, below average striking.

Hardy - Vastly overrated striking, terrible grappling.

Shields - Horrendous striking.

The only well-rounded fighter GSP has fought is BJ Penn, and not only does he hold a massive size advantage over Penn, but he also had to utilize Vaseline. Penn would have a REAL shot at taking out GSP if they fought again.

Hughes - not dangerous off his back' date=' below average boxing.

Penn - Very well rounded, but undersized. That being said, give him a 3rd fight against GSP, without Vaseline to protect GSP on the ground, and it could be a much much different fight than the 2nd fight.

The only well-rounded fighter GSP has fought is BJ Penn, and not only does he hold a massive size advantage over Penn, but he also had to utilize Vaseline. Penn would have a REAL shot at taking out GSP if they fought again.[/quote']

+2000 your the man your not gsp brainwashed

awwwwwwwww poor baby did see kos quit when his eye looked like ******* did you see mark hominick quit when he a soft ball stuck in his forehead and a closed eyed no! thats heart they didnt cry about his depth perception

LMAO, you're a moron. GSP didn't quit either, yes he complained, just like you're complaining now. Quit whining and obviously trying to fan the GSP hate flames. This man makes your favorite fighters look amateur, period.

LMAO' date=' you're a moron. GSP didn't quit either, yes he complained, just like you're complaining now. Quit whining and obviously trying to fan the GSP hate flames. This man makes your favorite fighters look amateur, period.[/quote']

i'm the moron you dumb brainwashed fu#K listen if the doctor was in gsp's corner and asked him if he wanted to continue and gsp SAID I CANT SEE OUT MY LEFT EYE it would had been over by a verbal forfeit i could had careless who won because ones a ****g3t and ones a boring motherfu#ker i bet you'll suck off gsp

i'm the moron you dumb brainwashed fu#K listen if the doctor was in gsp's corner and asked him if he wanted to continue and gsp SAID I CANT SEE OUT MY LEFT EYE it would had been over by a verbal forfeit i could had careless who won because ones a ****g3t and ones a boring motherfu#ker i bet you'll suck off gsp

I'm confused. Which one's which? ;)

GSP is like Machida (both have a karate base' date=' different styles yes but still karate), without the offense.

If he had the deadly offense that Machida posseses (and i believe he could have better), oh man... P4P discussions would be stupid, GSP would own that by far.[/quote']

I'm just sick of the 'oh he sucks' threads .. I've been around the forum long enough to expect them .. and I'm not exactly GSP's number one fan, so I don't even know why I care ..

As soon as he fights a [b']great JJ practitioner with average/above average striking[/b], GSP has a good chance of losing.

BJ Penn, and he beat BJ twice

Even with 1 eye Koscheck didn't get finished by GSP?

Your logic can be used against you. I'm tired of your fanboyism.

Shields messed GSP up pretty bad and took 2 rounds from him on 2 judges scorecards.

ok to you GSP nut huggers, yes gsp won the fight, yes he got two take downs and all that jazz, but from what i seen was Sheilds did more damage and it really wasnt Shields i was watching get frustrated in there. now for all you that said gsp will take shields down and impose his will and tko Shields, yeah he got the take down but gsp didnt have the cajones to stay there with him, he knew what would happen if he stayed on the ground. thats why he got the take down jumped back up. my point is this...gsp might be champ and might be winning fights but he isnt impressive, he cant finish fights, he was afraid of shields and he will not make the jump to fight silva, be sure to watch though....nick diaz will make the jump to ufc where he will dominate gsp

I didn't see GSP quit either. So what are you talking about?

Hughes - not dangerous off his back' date=' below average boxing.

The only well-rounded fighter GSP has fought is BJ Penn, and not only does he hold a massive size advantage over Penn, but he also had to utilize Vaseline. Penn would have a REAL shot at taking out GSP if they fought again.[/quote']

lol yes they all sucked.

cut them all from the ufc. haha

Archived