Machida is the only one that can beat Jones at LHW

ForrestGriffinFan101

Machida' date=' Rampage, Forrest,[b'] Matt Hammil[/b], and Shogun all have a pretty good chance of beating him

Obvious troll is obvious.

Anyways I think Rampage is probably the only serious threat to him.

I don't get why people think this, I mean a lot of people seem to. I don't, I can't think of anyone who can beat jones at LHW at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's so good he cant be beat, I just think with the LHW division there are a lot of fighters around the same level (machida, jackson, shogun, Forrest and Evans) that everyone goes on about the division like all these guys are like Anderson Silva's rather than Chael Sonnen's let's say if you get what I'm saying.

I think if jones is to be beat at LHW in the immediate future Velasquez or JDS would have to drop down but I'm not sure that's even possible

Machida would be very interesting for Jones. I honestly agree with that statement. I think Rampage would give Jones a better fight if he could turn the clock back two years, but Jones is just too explosive for Rampage now. Evans wouldn't do a darn thing to Jones.

Machida has solid takedown defense, great time, excellent trips, creative striking and is very elusive. Sound familiar? Jones and Machida have different styles, but very similar attributes. If Machida has another impressive win I'll be screaming for this fight.

There are some important numbers...

Jones - 84.5

Machida - 73

That's ridiculous - 1 foot of a reach advantage. Jose Aldo would had more chance fighting Anderson Silva, who'd only have 6.5 inches over the guy 3-4 weight divisions below him.

Machida's offence would be useless.

Machida would be the hardest one to come out with a game plan.

Greg jackson is all about comming out with game plans which work for predictable fighters. Machida is not really a predictable one and it is very hard to prepare for a fighter like that.

Jones and his camp would have a very hard time preparing a game plan. But thats about it

ST pierre needs a gameplan to win his fights , in the contrary , jones is confortable anywhere the fight goes. He , as machida , is also an unpredictable striker and a great wrestler

Standing skillwise they are both pretty good , but jones has the reach advantage , machida has the foot work advantage , so i guess it would be a 50 - 50

But on the ground jones has a huge advatange with his strengh , reach , and wrestling. However machida has shown to have a sick tdd , i m not sure if he can avoid takedowns though . I mean , jones has taken out some legit wrestlers like bader and hammill with ease

I think machida has a small chance, maybe better than predictable fighters like rua or rampage, but thats about it

There are some important numbers...

Jones - 84.5

Machida - 73

That's ridiculous - 1 foot of a reach advantage. Jose Aldo would had more chance fighting Anderson Silva' date=' who'd only have 6.5 inches over the guy 3-4 weight divisions below him.

Machida's offence would be useless.[/quote']

His offense would be useless. Good thing he's a counter striker :D

I can see a determined Rampage knocking that rookie the **** out.

from someone with a rampage picture on his name , you can probably see rampage beating rua , machida and jones at the same time with his eyes close.

Hard to take your opinion seriously ;)

This one's too hard to call, yeah Machidas very elusive but he's never faced anyone like Jones. He already keeps a big distance between his opponents but against jones he's going to be at a greater distance that means his backs going to be against the cage A LOT. The reach, strength and intelligence of Jones is going to be a lot for /Machida. Too hard to call.

Machida' date=' Rampage, Forrest, Matt Hammil, and Shogun all have a pretty good chance of beating him[/quote']

except Hamill who already had fought Jones, and Jones carved a big hole on Hamil's face with several, chopping, slicing and dicing and last of all cutting elbows which cut up really badly Hamill's face and KO'ed him if I remember correctly.

Hamill:confused:...your post failed:D

You fail Hamill already beat the nub

Rampage' date='Hamill, Shogun, Forrest are you serious are new to the sport[/quote']

No are you?

except Hamill who already had fought Jones' date=' and Jones carved a big hole on Hamil's face with several, chopping, slicing and dicing and last of all cutting elbows which cut up really badly Hamill's face and KO'ed him if I remember correctly.[/quote']

According to many GSP fans, winning is all that matters and Matt Hamill won

How so...?

Style wise Machida is a horrid matchup for Jones..

I see Jones winning most of the time, don't get me wrong. I just think he has the best shot of anybody because...

1) He has a good base/TTD/Wrestling

2) He is an excellent striker

3) He comes in great shape for every fight

4) He is an inteligent fighter

5) IMO he only has 1 loss to Shogun, and he got caught with a big shot. ( can happen to anyone ) When he fights offensive with more aggression he is dangerous for anyone.

Archived