My stock in Aldo didn't drop.. It actually went higher

ForcexrecoN

Not many fighters can perform well after a long lay off and a neck injury and what looked like a bad weight cut (watch the Super 7, Aldo looked like ****) AND win 4/5 rounds in a title fight. (This has been the problem @ LHW for awhile) and Aldo doesn't have that problem.

PLUS he was sick

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=85298

His next fight he will look the same as he did in Aldo/Faber

Able to go 5 rounds without even taking a deep breathe

Able to throw 20+ leg kicks each round

Able to move faster

The only chance the FW division had of taking the belt from Aldo was last night, now that it's gone and the ring rust in Aldo is off and he can now prepare better, RIP FW division.

For those who obviously haven't seen his whole career. I've NEVER seen Aldo so inactive on top when he gets a takedown, or off his back for that matter. The dude is a Nova Uniao black belt and a serious grappler, and he didn't even try to pass. he looked like he was almost resting, which is something he never does in other fights. I mean look what he does on top against Faber, or Nogueira, he passes into dominant positions and lands relentless GnP.

If you didn't think there was something off about Aldo's performance, you are a complete ****, and/or have not watched the rest of his career.

PS-It's good to hear that there is what seems to be a clear cause of his lethargy. I'm really glad it's something that will go away soon, rather than something stemming from his injury, etc

p.sx1. Good job Hominick

p.s.s. I still think (not taking anything from the Machine) that if ALDO arrived 100%, mark would've been finished.

p.s.s.s. Like I said, this should of been the main event. Hominick and Aldo. Enjoy your 129,000 dollar FOTN bonus

I agree. Aldo took it straight to Hominick and outstruck him before he started mixing it up. And that head movement was ridiculous. He did look like **** at the Q&A, thats messed up making him do media in the middle of his weight cut, plus he had some extra weight like he said.

Aldo showed he can strike with the elite, that last round he just made a mistake going for that choke and then gassed!

My stock went up in Hominick also, he's a solid #2

Not many fighters can perform well after a long lay off and a neck injury and what looked like a bad weight cut (watch the Super 7' date=' Aldo looked like ****) AND win 4/5 rounds in a title fight. (This has been the problem @ LHW for awhile) and Aldo doesn't have that problem.

His next fight he will look the same as he did in Aldo/Faber

Able to go 5 rounds without even taking a deep breathe

Able to throw 20+ leg kicks each round

Able to move faster

The only chance the FW division had of taking the belt from Aldo was last night, now that it's gone and the ring rust in Aldo is off and he can now prepare better, RIP FW division.

p.s. Good job Hominick

p.s.s. I still think (not taking anything from the Machine) that if ALDO arrived 100%, mark would've been finished.

p.s.s.s. Like I said, this should of been the main event. Hominick and Aldo. Enjoy your 129,000 dollar FOTN bonus[/quote']

Agreed 100%

I agree 100% with OP great night for Aldo and Hominik imo. I agree that if Aldo didn't gas in rnd 2 he would have finished Hominik imo. Mad respect for Hominik he is a true warrior he gave Aldo a hell of a fight and deserved the FOTN bonus. Solid number #2 at looking forward too watching him fight again. Chad Mendes will be facing the same aldo that faught Fabar that didn't gas so i think Aldo will win this one in fine fasion.

Hominicks got the heart of a f***ing lion! Anybody who can survive for 25 minutes with Aldo is on my list of favourites, he enters top 30 for me now! Actually screw it, top 20! Also, R.I.P Chad Mendes! Great fighter with a great personality, but your gonna lose your legs...

Hominick should really have won round 3 aswell. He was dominating Aldo and making his head snap back but then he got himself caught and in most peoples eyes lost the round.

Another point, if Fitch gets a 10-8 for beating BJ up in rnd 3 then why doesnt Hominick get a 10-8 for beating Aldo up in rnd 5?

Aldo imo is overrated imo. When he moves up he will be facing Frankie Edgar and judging on how badly he coped with Hominicks punches Frankie will have a field day.

Worst case scenario is BJ Penn. Bj would counter with POWER and most likely finish Aldo.

Strong words yes but wait and see. :)

aldo gave hominick a sence of glory in allowing him to punch aldos face in the last round. A gift for his display of heart and determination in fighting through the first four rounds of destruction. The same act but for opposite reasons and at opposite times as the silva sonnen fight.

Hominick should really have won round 3 aswell. He was dominating Aldo and making his head snap back but then he got himself caught and in most peoples eyes lost the round.

Another point' date=' if Fitch gets a 10-8 for beating BJ up in rnd 3 then why doesnt Hominick get a 10-8 for beating Aldo up in rnd 5?

Aldo imo is overrated imo. When he moves up he will be facing Frankie Edgar and judging on how badly he coped with Hominicks punches Frankie will have a field day.

Worst case scenario is BJ Penn. Bj would counter with POWER and most likely finish Aldo.

Strong words yes but wait and see. :)[/quote']

Screen shot.

I will continue/humiliate you on this post in the future.

In your argument, every fighter should be considered overrated, because every fighter puts on a 'MEH' performance every now and then.

Oh - and on internet lingo a smiley face after a disagreeing statement is a "F - YOU"

hominick should really have won round 3 aswell. He was dominating aldo and making his head snap back but then he got himself caught and in most peoples eyes lost the round.

Another point' date=' if fitch gets a 10-8 for beating bj up in rnd 3 then why doesnt hominick get a 10-8 for beating aldo up in rnd 5?

Aldo imo is overrated imo. When he moves up he will be facing frankie edgar and judging on how badly he coped with hominicks punches frankie will have a field day.

Worst case scenario is bj penn. Bj would counter with power and most likely finish aldo.

Strong words yes but wait and see. :)[/quote']

fail +1000

Can't wait for Aldo's next fight. He said he's been adding muscle after the fight. Is a move to LW in the works?

And serious props to Hominick. Did a lot better then I expected and showed real cajones after getting his head messed up like he did. I hope those two buy as much drugs and hookers as they can with their FOTN bonus and enjoy every moment of it.

i actually agree with some people that aldo will have trouble with some guys at lightweight.

Perhaps. But the FW division is still pretty lacking in serious competition. If Aldo wants to take Silva's spot as the P4P King before Silva retires, Aldo's gonna need to move up and bring a ton of whoop *** to the LW division.

yeah i agree no way anyone walks right through him

Same goes for no LW walking through him either.

Aldo is 24 years old

Can't wait to have this conversation when he's 29-30 though (by that time he should of cleared FW and making a move to LW)

I think a good wrestler could take out aldo but compared to the other divisions featheweight is weaker so when people say aldo should be ranked number 1 or number 3 after watching UFC 129 how can you say that? If Aldo had fought a Jake Shields or Jon Bones Jones with that poor cardio this fight would have been over. Mark Hominick is a tough fighter but definitely weak compared to the number one contenders in the other divisions.

I find it amusing that aldo can take a nap in the fifth round and still win aagainst the number 1 contender of his division.

I think a good wrestler could take out aldo but compared to the other divisions featheweight is weaker so when people say aldo should be ranked number 1 or number 3 after watching UFC 129 how can you say that? If Aldo had fought a Jake Shields or Jon Bones Jones with that poor cardio this fight would have been over. Mark Hominick is a tough fighter but definitely weak compared to the number one contenders in the other divisions.

I find it amusing that aldo can take a nap in the fifth round and still win aagainst the number 1 contender of his division.

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=85298

Archived