Who will Machida fight next?

Striker_Kid

I'm thinking Evans/Davis winner

Thats a long lay-off. Davis vs Evans isn't until August. They will likely have 3 months off to recover/train after the fight too. So, it would pretty much be 6 months + before he fights again. Machida didn't suffer any major injuries that I know of after his fight with Randy. So he should be good to go sooner.

Just wondering if anybody knows or if it has been revealed. Im hoping Machida fights at UFC : Rio but it probably wont happen.

It's a possibility he could but I don't know how many spots are open, every brazilian wants to fight on that card.

w

... these do not excite me

Me either. Either way it would likely be a rematch between him and Rampage or Evans. He can't fight bones, so thats out of the question. Fighting the winner of Griffin/Shogun would possibly end in another rematch. Fighting Rich Franklin would be yet again another rematch. Lol.

Idk who else he might fight.

Thats a long lay-off. Davis vs Evans isn't until August. They will likely have 3 months off to recover/train after the fight too. So' date=' it would pretty much be 6 months + before he fights again. Machida didn't suffer any major injuries that I know of after his fight with Randy. So he should be good to go sooner.[/quote']

wait.. Phil Davis vs Rashad Evans? did I miss something

Thats a long lay-off. Davis vs Evans isn't until August. They will likely have 3 months off to recover/train after the fight too. So' date=' it would pretty much be 6 months + before he fights again. Machida didn't suffer any major injuries that I know of after his fight with Randy. So he should be good to go sooner.[/quote']

Long lay offs are not unusual, but I get what you're saying it just seemed to make more sense....otherwise he has to take a step back bout and fight Vladimir Matyushenko to stay busy (no offense, i like Vlad and all, but come on)....to do anything else would ruin my thread below: I dont want him fighting Rampage/Hamill or Griffin/shogun winner.

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=85260

seems a good fight for me' date=' Vlad still looks good though

@Brandon Vera fight

i remember Vera was asked to fight machida, and Vera declined, correct me if I'm wrong though[/quote']

you would be correct, but apparently it was because he felt he needed more training time...I'm sure he would now (what choice would he have???)

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4797/vera-henderson-silva-and-sokoudjou-turned-down-july-19-fight.mma

Either way it goes...if Machida wants to stay busy, a fight against one or the other (Vera or Vlad) should be a tune up fight realistically.

you would be correct' date=' but apparently it was because he felt he needed more training time...I'm sure he would now (what choice would he have???)

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4797/vera-henderson-silva-and-sokoudjou-turned-down-july-19-fight.mma

Either way it goes...if Machida wants to stay busy, a fight against one or the other (Vera or Vlad) should be a tune up fight realistically.[/quote']

They should totally do what it takes to get Gegard to the UFC to fight Machida. It doesn't hold too much ranking value, but it would be a hell of a fight. The timing is right for this fight, too. Plus, this is just a fight I would like to see :D

Archived