interesting night in Canadian politics.....

This guy on my facebook posted this: goodbye net neutrality

goodbye neutral foreign policy (see Israel Palestine)

goodbye gay and lesbian rights

goodbye balanced budgets

goodbye transparent, open government

Hello new prison spending

Hello jail for pot smokers (bill s-10)

Hello corrupt MP's (Bev Oda, The Guergis Clan)

Hello corrupt Harper Aide's

Hello American DMCA legislation (P2P fines anyone?)

We've had a conservative government for a while now, but this time it's majority. Is the internet going to change and are people going to get in more trouble now for small possession of marijuana or are penalties only going to increase for growers?

hard to say whats going to happen now... I was always concerned about a Harper majority, especially with all the stuff coming out in recent months (personally I don't know how they got the majority considering the amount of ammo the opposition had) but we'll see... I hope he proves me wrong, and if he doesn't, he'll feel it in the next election...

how is it an open government if harper and the conservatives hold a majority this time

its funny how parliament votes him out and the canadian people vote him back in. he must be doing something right anyways. that ignatieff guy seems like a prick anyways that would do more harm than good. to me its all a popularity contest to see who is the biggest swine, even though they are all scumbags

i wanted NDP

relax slam. all politicians are corrupt. if you're not good at lying and swindling, then politics is not for you

and there won't be jail for pot smokers. here in BC they just get more lenient every year, and unless you are growing or selling by the pound, its just a slap on the wrist. i don't know of anybody here who has been busted with a bit of pot or a pipe and gotten arrested for it.

i dont know why people think this is going to have a big change on canada considering its the same leader and the same political party. this time they have more control, but if he really ****s up im sure even his own people in office would vote him out again

i hate politics its all garbage to me. it doesnt matter who is in office, taxes will never go down and new stupid laws will always come into effect if it can benefit the government financially in any way, which is why johnny potsmoker will never get thrown in jail for that roach in his ash tray as incarceration over a misdemeanor just eats away at the economy. unless you get nailed with an ounce over here and you are selling, you likely won't even get anything more then a miniscule fine and your bag taken away.

i dont see the country changing any worse then it already has. but never will we adopt broken anti pot laws that other countries have. Why should taxpayers waste their money because of johnny potsmoker getting caught selling three joints out in vegas on a drunken night out?

i guess we are pretty relaxed in bc. the whole country is moving towards legalization if anything. its already pretty much decriminalized. just go into any vancouver 'coffee' shop smoke shop. just like amsterdam in all honesty, you can walk into a smoke shop, buy yourself a nice bong and smoke right there to your hearts content, then go next store to a safe injection site and shoot your heroin as you please and hang out with the junkies. then if you want you can chill at the downtown east side and sell your body for crack, and nobody even gives a ****. its not fully legal but its tolerated as there are bigger problems to deal with.

**** like that is tolerated here. well besides during the olympics anyways. for the bc interior its relaxed too, but not as convenient. medical marijuana is just as easy to obtain as a bag of kush off your buddy.

the government isnt going to waste money throwing in a bunch of pot smokers in jail. i dont see how another victory for harper could bring in a bunch of corrupt anti-marijuana laws? especially when it's pretty much decriminalized in BC, medically licensed everywhere, and unless you have alot of weed or have committed an offense and get caught for possession at the time, chances are they just take it from you and maybe slap on a fine if its worth it for them. the only people who should worry are the people who grow or sell in large amounts or the morons sell to teenagers near a school zone

theres my pot rant. i don't see why canada would implement jail time when it is clearly visible how broken the system is down south in america. I wouldnt want to be that guy who gets caught selling an ounce out in Vegas, or be smoking a joint in my car in california, getting pulled over because of a burned out headlight...only to be sent to jail over that three strikes law over there or whatever! is it really worth the blow to your countries economy to incarcerate non violent offenders. over here in most places we turn a blind eye

as for the gay and lesbian rights? oh well. tough love. If somebody is into that stuff and want to be gay lovers, let them be gay lovers. but i'm all for traditional marriage and to me marriage is about a husband and a wife.

i didn't even know gay marriage was legal over here, had no idea as that is their own business. however I just found out a year ago that it is legal to get married to your cousin. Not that i wanted to or anything, but it goes to show we are pretty relaxed and tolerant to different races, religions, sexuality and lifestyles over here than most countries.

i hate political crap. everybody is all corrupt and is out to swindle money or whatever it is they want

/rant

TL;DR Version:

Our pot laws are getting more relaxed as time progresses. It's already tolerated and in most areas of BC, pretty much decriminalized as everybody turns a blind eye. This isn't going to change and nobody is going to jail over it

As for gay marriage, in the beginning God created Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve.

goodbye balanced budgets

goodbye transparent' date=' open government

Hello jail for pot smokers (bill s-10)

We've had a conservative government for a while now, but this time it's majority. Is the internet going to change and are people going to get in more trouble now for small possession of marijuana or are penalties only going to increase for growers?[/quote']

Welcome to America ... so glad you could join us finally

goodbye balanced budgets

goodbye transparent' date=' open government

[b']Hello jail for pot smokers (bill s-10)[/b]

We've had a conservative government for a while now, but this time it's majority. Is the internet going to change and are people going to get in more trouble now for small possession of marijuana or are penalties only going to increase for growers?

Bolded, I have absolutely no problem with.

Archived