THIS JUST IN: Aldo was sick for his UFC 129 bout w/ Hominick

ForcexrecoN

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/2/2148577/ufc-129-results-sickness-slowed-jose-aldo-on-his-bout-against-mark

bad weight cut

+

long lay off

+

coming off injury

+

being sick the night of the fight

=

My stock went EVEN higher

EDIT

For those who obviously haven't seen his whole career. I've NEVER seen Aldo so inactive on top when he gets a takedown, or off his back for that matter. The dude is a Nova Uniao black belt and a serious grappler, and he didn't even try to pass. he looked like he was almost resting, which is something he never does in other fights. I mean look what he does on top against Faber, or Nogueira, he passes into dominant positions and lands relentless GnP.

If you didn't think there was something off about Aldo's performance, you are a complete ****, and/or have not watched the rest of his career.

PS-It's good to hear that there is what seems to be a clear cause of his lethargy. I'm really glad it's something that will go away soon, rather than something stemming from his injury, etc

He should move up in weight. He'borderline too big to be fighting at 135.

And he wasn't "sick".

He just said he had to do more to make weight, not that he was out of shape, but that he put too much muscle on. His words.

He should move up in weight. He'borderline too big to be fighting at 135.

And he wasn't "sick".

He just said he had to do more to make weight' date=' not that he was out of shape, but that he put too much muscle on. His words.[/quote']

He fights @ 145.

135 would be like an anthony Johnson weight cut

I am loving Aldo more and more. The guy has everything going against him, and still wins a five round fight, in a fight of the night performance.

I am excited to see how he rebounds in his next fight, and if he comes out to prove a point.

He still pulled through (thankfully)

Champions are always fighting 24/7 including the day of the fight.

cept if your GSP

So, he makes excuses for his non finish (and gassed 5th round) and it's all good, but GSP who got an obvious eye injury that we all witnessed and know legitimately happened, yet fought through it (like a champion) to still beat a top 10 p4p guy and he gets flamed for his effort.

lol, I could swim in the irony around here.

For those who obviously haven't seen his whole career. I've NEVER seen Aldo so inactive on top when he gets a takedown, or off his back for that matter. The dude is a Nova Uniao black belt and a serious grappler, and he didn't even try to pass. he looked like he was almost resting, which is something he never does in other fights. I mean look what he does on top against Faber, or Nogueira, he passes into dominant positions and lands relentless GnP.

If you didn't think there was something off about Aldo's performance, you are a complete ****, and/or have not watched the rest of his career.

PS-It's good to hear that there is what seems to be a clear cause of his lethargy. I'm really glad it's something that will go away soon, rather than something stemming from his injury, etc

i remember i had a grading for karate when i was a kid, i refused to not do it. I was sick as a dog, runny nose etc, i went to do a spinning heel and snot flew out i have no idea to this day where it went :D

back on topic good for aldo, it seemed strange that he slowed down so much after rd 1.... but he still looked fast as hell.... guy's rediculously good.

So' date=' he makes excuses for his non finish (and gassed 5th round) and it's all good, but GSP who got an obvious eye injury that we all witnessed and know legitimately happened, yet fought through it (like a champion) to still beat a top 10 p4p guy and he gets flamed for his effort.

lol, I could swim in the irony around here.[/quote']

Aldo

Was Sick

+

Long Lay off

+

Coming off neck injury

+

bad weight cut

=

WIN, dropped Hominick 3 times AND WENT after it, but gassed

GSP

Good weight cut

+

Not long lay off

+

Eye injury

+

Stood with someone who sucks at striking

=

No finish? Dropped shields once, didn't go after it

No finish? Dropped shields once' date=' didn't go after it [/quote']

it's funny cos in that fight i was looking at them and i was getting bored, i said out loud.... kick him in the head, 5 seconds later he landed that headkick. i instantly said thank you.:cool: the guys just lol'd at the bull**** that just happened :D

it's funny cos in that fight i was looking at them and i was getting bored' date=' i said out loud.... kick him in the head, 5 seconds later he landed that headkick. i instantly said thank you.:cool: the guys just lol'd at the bull**** that just happened :D[/quote']

That head kick woke me up a bit, then I saw St. Pierra not chase Sheilds and just lower his stance, then I was like

"****, this is going to a decision all right..."

Sounding too much like anderson liar silva for my tastes.

Doctors told me not to fight. ROFLMAO. Stupid faker.

Even then he has these going for him bro

• Coming off neck injury (100% visible)
  • long lay off (100% visible)
  • terrible weight cut (100% visible)

if you still hate on him (the man who stopped fighting when he accidentally kicked hom in the ballls and the ref did nothing, and he let hom recover)

Then you must hate Nova Unaio fighters due to their trace of Black House

Aldo looked about ten pounds heavier than normal and in the past he said he wanted to hold 135, 145 and 155 belts... lol no way he makes 135 if he is struggling with cutting to 145 and adding muscle mass in his mid 20s. If the featherweight champ moved up to fight Edgar at lightweight Frankie would once again be the smaller man.

For those who obviously haven't seen his whole career. I've NEVER seen Aldo so inactive on top when he gets a takedown' date=' or off his back for that matter. The dude is a Nova Uniao black belt and a serious grappler, and he didn't even try to pass. he looked like he was almost resting, which is something he never does in other fights. I mean look what he does on top against Faber, or Nogueira, he passes into dominant positions and lands relentless GnP.

PS-It's good to hear that there is what seems to be a clear cause of his lethargy. I'm really glad it's something that will go away soon, rather than something stemming from his injury, etc[/quote']

I am the in the same boat as you man with following his career and when he gassed in round 2 i knew there was something was wrong..he was just totally zapped of energy from round 2 onwards and wasn't himself. Which is the Aldo that fought Fabar for 5 rounds slamming leg kicks the and combination's without even looking remotely tired. I was very happy that he hung in there and got the win he is a true champion. :)

Aldo looked about ten pounds heavier than normal and in the past he said he wanted to hold 135' date=' 145 and 155 belts... lol no way he makes 135 if he is struggling with cutting to 145 and adding muscle mass in his mid 20s. If the featherweight champ moved up to fight Edgar at lightweight Frankie would once again be the smaller man.[/quote']

He should stay and make a name at FW and clear everything out of it.

LW is far too backed up (and no sign of slowing down either) for title contenders

You've got Pettis/Bendo/Miller/Barboza/Guida/Gomi/Maynard/Edgar

LW is set, unless it is cleared out by the time Aldo turns 29 or has cleared FW, he shouldn't move up

He should stay and make a name at FW and clear everything out of it.

LW is far too backed up (and no sign of slowing down either) for title contenders

You've got Pettis/Bendo/Miller/Barboza/Guida/Gomi/Maynard/Edgar

LW is set' date=' unless it is cleared out by the time Aldo turns 29 or has cleared FW, he shouldn't move up[/quote']

Even with international talent FW is not as deep as lightweight. Aldo has a few fights left at featherweight IMO. I say two more years possibly less and he moves up. By the way if Guida loses to Pettis he will not be in title contention. Barboza despite talent is nowhere near a title shot. Ben Henderson will need a few more wins inside the promotion and he will have to fight one of the top lightweights. Miller and Pettis are top contenders though and between Maynard/Edgar one guy will be champion. However if Maynard loses this next one he's 1-1-1 with the champ and would have a good claim at getting another shot.

Gomi was relevant five years ago I can't believe you even mentioned him in title contention lol. If Tyson Griffin was smart enough to avoid standing right in front of him when the fight starts Gomi would not even be on the roster. He gasses in the second round time and time again.

Point is with Aldo being featherweight champ and ranked p4p he could leapfrog everyone with one good win at lightweight. If he moved up and knocked out a ranked lightweight he would get a title shot in his next fight no doubt.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/2/2148577/ufc-129-results-sickness-slowed-jose-aldo-on-his-bout-against-mark

bad weight cut

+

long lay off

+

coming off injury

+

being sick the night of the fight

=

My stock went EVEN higher

EDIT

For those who obviously haven't seen his whole career. I've NEVER seen Aldo so inactive on top when he gets a takedown' date=' or off his back for that matter. The dude is a Nova Uniao black belt and a serious grappler, and he didn't even try to pass. he looked like he was almost resting, which is something he never does in other fights. I mean look what he does on top against Faber, or Nogueira, he passes into dominant positions and lands relentless GnP.

PS-It's good to hear that there is what seems to be a clear cause of his lethargy. I'm really glad it's something that will go away soon, rather than something stemming from his injury, etc[/quote']

All these Blackhouse guys make excuses after the fight.....

1. Nogueria (staph)

2. Anderson Silva (Rib Injury)

3. Aldo (multiple excuses)

come on either fight or dont fight but dont make excuses for lack luster performances.

All these Blackhouse guys make excuses after the fight.....

1. Nogueria (staph)

2. Anderson Silva (Rib Injury)

3. Aldo (multiple excuses)

come on either fight or dont fight but dont make excuses for lack luster performances.

I'd like to see you fight with a rib injury

I'd like to see you fight after neck surgery

P.S. : Aldo is Nova Uniao, he spends 10% of his time at Black house, the rest at Nova

So' date=' he makes excuses for his non finish (and gassed 5th round) and it's all good, but GSP who got an obvious eye injury that we all witnessed and know legitimately happened, yet fought through it (like a champion) to still beat a top 10 p4p guy and he gets flamed for his effort.

dude, accept the fact that Aldo is a great fighter and that people don't like GSP,

I'm a GSP fan but I don't go defending him every single time someone hates on him, get over it, he had a boring fight, he doesn't try to finish, just accept it

Aldo had problems BEFORE the fight and still put on a show.. GSP was boring before his eye injury.......... explain?

One big difference, GSP knocks Jake Sheilds down, doesn't follow up. Aldo knocks Hominick down, while gassed out and jumps on him throwing a lot of punches trying to finish. Aldo was still pushing for a finish whenever he was gassed out against a game opponent.

You can make the excuse about Sheilds's BJJ, but he is a top position fighter, he isn't amazing off of his back.

Heres another thing Jake Sheilds taunted GSP to engage. It's not about going to a decision, it is about the fighters trying to finish and not point fighting. I watch MMA for entertainment like everyone else, i'm allowed to complain when i'm not impressed by his performance.

Sounding too much like anderson liar silva for my tastes.

Doctors told me not to fight. ROFLMAO. Stupid faker.

I don't think Aldo is making excuses. If you have followed his career, you would know that that wasn't the true Jose Aldo. But I do agree with Anderson making excuses. He was not injured unless Chael caused it

I don't think Aldo is making excuses. If you have followed his career' date=' you would know that that wasn't the true Jose Aldo. But I do agree with Anderson making excuses. He was not injured unless Chael caused it[/quote']

To be fair, considering your name and that Chael is in your favourate fighter list, I have a feeling that you are slightly bias against Silva lol.

Lot of fighters have been injured or had something else wrong with them before a fight and not said anything until afterwards.

To be fair' date=' considering your name and that Chael is in your favourate fighter list, I have a feeling that you are slightly bias against Silva lol.

Lot of fighters have been injured or had something else wrong with them before a fight and not said anything until afterwards.[/quote']

Tbh, and I'll admit it, I'm bias against Silva x100. I can't stand his personality. He's a prima Donna who gets disrespected by the slightest things. He's arrogant because he's the champ in the worse division in the UFC. However, I do respect his skills and I have him #1 P4P now. Sucks cause my name says otherwise lmao. I can't change it and I don't wanna create a new account an be an 11'er lol. But my like for Sonnen isn't for his hatred of Silva. It's cause he entertains me and keeps me laughing. Best of all, he backs of ALL of his talk. He said he'd take the fight to Silva and ragdoll him and he even said "I don't know if I'm gonna win." beating Silva up was just a bonus ;)

Tbh' date=' and I'll admit it, I'm bias against Silva x100. I can't stand his personality. He's a prima Donna who gets disrespected by the slightest things. He's arrogant because he's the champ in the worse division in the UFC. However, I do respect his skills and I have him #1 P4P now. Sucks cause my name says otherwise lmao. I can't change it and I don't wanna create a new account an be an 11'er lol. But my like for Sonnen isn't for his hatred of Silva. It's cause he entertains me and keeps me laughing. Best of all, he backs of ALL of his talk. He said he'd take the fight to Silva and ragdoll him and he even said "I don't know if I'm gonna win." bearing Silva up was just a bonus ;)[/quote']

Yer I have to admit, your in a world of hell cause of the name even though now you admit Silva is #1, lol.

Archived