The most honest GSP / Silva thread...

AXEINGAR

Both guys are great fighters...

Silva is p4p more dominant though. Better striker that inflicts more damage and has finishes.

GSP is a better athlete with better wrestling and most likely (even though smaller) physically stronger.

So what gives?

When these two titans meet guys, guess what! Someone will win! Want to know something else about it? Either one of them could beat the other!!! OMG its true... think about it. Both are the best of the best! To think anything else is just dumb and to not give either one of them, fans or not, equal respect is also dumb...:D

and also if the fight does go down and one gets his hand raised over the other will you truely think that much less of either fighter? GSP loses he lost to the best! Anderson Silva loses he lost to the best!

So many things could factor who gets the win also? Injuries, for example. If GSP gets his eye hurt against Anderson first round then chances are he wont survive with that kind of disadvantage. But that could go either way!!! ( see what I did there?)

There hope that settles it.

Now here is hoping for this match to take place, and take place at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium.

I think you have to look at styles and past performances. Silva has trouble with wrestlers and GSP is about the best wrestler in mma, GSP also has very good BJJ meaning he wont get caught in a submission like Sonnen. Anderson would outstrike him for sure so GSP's gameplan would almost certainly be to take him to the ground. With his wrestling advantage it will be much easier for GSP to take Anderson down than it would be for Anderson to keep it on the feet so when you take these things into account, GSP would probably win by UD.

Silva is p4p more dominant though. Better striker that inflicts more damage and has finishes.

GSP is a better athlete with better wrestling and most likely (even though smaller) physically stronger.

So what gives?

When these two titans meet guys' date=' guess what! Someone will win! Want to know something else about it? Either one of them could beat the other!!! OMG its true... think about it. Both are the best of the best! To think anything else is just dumb and to not give either one of them, fans or not, equal respect is also dumb...:D

and also if the fight does go down and one gets his hand raised over the other will you truely think that much less of either fighter? GSP loses he lost to the best! Anderson Silva loses he lost to the best!

So many things could factor who gets the win also? Injuries, for example. If GSP gets his eye hurt against Anderson first round then chances are he wont survive with that kind of disadvantage. But that could go either way!!! ( see what I did there?)

Now here is hoping for this match to take place, and take place at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium.[/quote']

all other things being equal...

silva wins b/c he is black. and that helps.

So what gives?

When these two titans meet guys' date=' guess what! Someone will win! Want to know something else about it? Either one of them could beat the other!!! OMG its true... think about it. Both are the best of the best! To think anything else is just dumb and to not give either one of them, fans or not, equal respect is also dumb...:D

Now here is hoping for this match to take place, and take place at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium.[/quote']

I agree with this completely. I give anderson the slight advantage and I think this will be a hard fought fight but I think Anderson will have to finish it early in the fight to win.

Archived