Who liked the ceremonial type entrances @ 129?

ForcexrecoN

It was an amazing show, from start to finish. Best sporting event I've ever witnessed live.

I watched the whole event on Sunday and could not get over the difference in sound. You could barely hear the crowd on TV. Being there live, I've never heard such a loud crowd in my whole life. I wish you all could have been there to experience it.

It was an amazing show' date=' from start to finish. Best sporting event I've ever witnessed live.

I watched the whole event on Sunday and could not get over the difference in sound. You could barely hear the crowd on TV. Being there live, I've never heard such a loud crowd in my whole life. I wish you all could have been there to experience it.[/quote']

I was at UFC 124 live (the 2nd biggest UFC event ever now), so I think I have an idea about how it was.

I thought the UFC failed to put the atmosphere across on the tv, they obviously don't have much experience of it but I remember when the WWE was doing massive events back in the day at like wembley stadium and you really got a sense of what it must of been like to be there, I was disappointed with the UFC's failure to do that, I was as excited to see that as the fights.

I think the only time they did get it across was for the Randy entrance/post fight interview and exit. It was strange hearing them going on about having goosebumps when if you didn't know you would never of guessed it was anything other than just a usual event.

Having said that, they dont have experience in putting on events that big so maybe I'm being a bit harsh

The closest the UFC has gotten to a ceremonial type entrance was UFC 129

(Showing the graphics of the country flags/two different songs)

Oh... I pictured it being like the old days, where they'd have the smoke and the sparks and crap, and the big walkway down the center of the stadium up to the octagon. :P

I thought the UFC failed to put the atmosphere across on the tv' date=' they obviously don't have much experience of it but I remember when the WWE was doing massive events back in the day at like wembley stadium and you really got a sense of what it must of been like to be there, I was disappointed with the UFC's failure to do that, I was as excited to see that as the fights.

I think the only time they did get it across was for the Randy entrance/post fight interview and exit. It was strange hearing them going on about having goosebumps when if you didn't know you would never of guessed it was anything other than just a usual event.

Having said that, they dont have experience in putting on events that big so maybe I'm being a bit harsh[/quote']

You watched the WWE? :rolleyes:

Archived