UFC 129 Results: Medical Suspensions Released for Fighters

SparkFire

Many people have been talking about the eye injury to Georges St. Pierre. Now they find out how long the welterweight champion will be out for.

GSP has been issued a 60 day suspension due to the injury to his eye and must have clearance from an ophthalmologist before the suspension is lifted. The challenger for the welterweight title, Jake Shields, will also be suspended for 14 days due to precautionary reasons.

Featherweight champion, Jose Aldo, is most assuredly facing Chad Mendes in August and his suspension was the key to getting that done. Aldo will be suspended 30 days due to lacerations.

Mark Hominick on the other hand, will be out 60 days due to precautionary reasons and must undergo a new CT scan. This all despite the fact he had a planet growing from his forehead.

MMA Junkie had the full list of suspensions:

GSP: Suspended 60 days due to eye injury and must have an ophthalmologist's clearance before returning

Jake Shields: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Jose Aldo: Suspended 30 days due to lacerations

Mark Hominick: Suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons and must have a new CT scan completed

Lyoto Machida: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Randy Couture: Suspended 60 days due to KO and must have a new CT scan completed

Vladimir Matyushenko: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Jason Brilz: Suspended 60 days due to KO and must have a new CT scan completed

Ben Henderson: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Mark Bocek: Suspended 30 days due to head laceration

Rory MacDonald: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Nate Diaz: Suspended 45 days due to left-eye laceration

Jake Ellenberger: Suspended 45 days and must have X-ray due to possible hand injury

Sean Pierson: : Suspended 60 days due to KO and must have a new CT scan completed

Claude Patrick: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Daniel Roberts: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Ivan Menjivar: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Charlie Valencia: Suspended 60 days due to KO and must have a new CT scan completed

Jason MacDonald: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Ryan Jensen: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

John Makdessi: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Kyle Watson: Suspended 60 days due to left-eye laceration and KO and must have a new CT scan completed

Pablo Garza: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

Yves Jabouin: Suspended 14 days for precautionary reasons

link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/688349-ufc-129-results-medical-suspensions-released-for-fighters

sorry if posted already

for getting poked in the eye....

dont worry shin the nick diaz hype train is starting' date=' you can get your hopes up again for a bit[/quote']

For being poked or punched in the eye... I'll got the latter...

As for Diaz... meh... I'll start cheering for him as soon as the fight is officially announced...

Though i still think Dana is going to make Pierre fight Silva...

For being poked or punched in the eye... I'll got the latter...

As for Diaz... meh... I'll start cheering for him as soon as the fight is officially announced...

Though i still think Dana is going to make Pierre fight Silva...

I'm really starting to think the Silva/ GSP fight will never happen (or at least not until Silva is passed his prime). As a fan of both guys I'm one of the many who have been asking for this fight for what seems like forever. The more I think about it though, the less sense it makes from a business perspective. Sure it's a dream fight for the fans and really should happen, but it's a huge risk for the UFC. It's almost a lose/ lose situation for the UFC. These are the two biggest names in the sport today and the two most dominant fighters of this era. Either way one of their hype trains would be derailed with a loss. If GSP goes up and loses what then? Does he just become another me too fighter at 185? What if Silva loses? Does he move up, does he retire? I suppose if the fight is competitive we could be treated to a trilogy like Liddell/ Couture, but that just seems unlikely. As much as fans want it I think the UFC is more comfortable feeding them challengers with little chance of success then to put their two top guys in the cage together knowing it means a definite loss for one. We as fans deserve to see this fight, and it would be good for the sport, but it isn't going to happen until ALL other options have been exhausted.

it's a huge risk for the UFC. It's almost a lose/ lose situation for the UFC. These are the two biggest names in the sport today and the two most dominant fighters of this era. Either way one of their hype trains would be derailed with a loss.

Nonsense!

Legendary fights create legends!

Couture fighting Liddell only made them bigger, even though one had to lose, and it was Couture both times.

I'm really starting to think the Silva/ GSP fight will never happen (or at least not until Silva is passed his prime). As a fan of both guys I'm one of the many who have been asking for this fight for what seems like forever. The more I think about it though' date=' the less sense it makes from a business perspective. Sure it's a dream fight for the fans and really should happen, but it's a huge risk for the UFC. It's almost a lose/ lose situation for the UFC. These are the two biggest names in the sport today and the two most dominant fighters of this era. Either way one of their hype trains would be derailed with a loss. If GSP goes up and loses what then? Does he just become another me too fighter at 185? What if Silva loses? Does he move up, does he retire? I suppose if the fight is competitive we could be treated to a trilogy like Liddell/ Couture, but that just seems unlikely. As much as fans want it I think the UFC is more comfortable feeding them challengers with little chance of success then to put their two top guys in the cage together knowing it means a definite loss for one. We as fans deserve to see this fight, and it would be good for the sport, but it isn't going to happen until ALL other options have been exhausted.[/quote']

Well said...^ It's odds-on that when Silva announces his retirement (whenever that may be) That Pierre will amazingly jump to 185.

Here's hoping Dana pushes the fight apon safe pierre...

Im thinking its a fight that alot of peeps want & would answer alot of questions...

IF the fight happens & Pierre loses , he can always fall back to WW... IF Silva wins he could stay at MW , retire or move to 205... I personally think he will retire IF / after the fight with Pierre...

Archived