Lesnar out, Carwin in against Dos Santos at UFC 131

Gu31232

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/05/12/brock-lesnar-out-of-ufc-131-junior-dos-santos-vs-shane-carwin/

I realize there are going to be countless threads about this, but what do you guys think about this? I really hope that Brock will be alright.... Diverticulitis is serious.

Anyways, what do you think of this fight now? I actually like it better than Lesnar vs Dos Santos. Who do you guys have winning?

I like Carwin/JDS better than Lesnar/JDS

Ya, me too. We all know what Lesnar would have done in that fight.... wrestle wrestle wrestle.... Carwin could decide to use his wrestling, but it just seems like he is guaranteed to finish a guy if he wins a fight. I picked JDS, though, but this fight has all the makings of a classic.

What clown thought this fight was going to a decision.

I know, but still... anything can happen. This is MMA. We could see Carwin choose to wrestle JDS for 3 rounds and hold him down, or we could see JDS pick Carwin apart for 3 rounds. Thats what he did against Nelson. Carwin has an iron chin.

Man.. i was looking forward to JDS vs Brock. i give him my best wishes and i hope brock will recover aand get back into MMA but i highly doubt it..

still JDS vs Carwin ? man... this fight isn't leaving the first round for sure. im pumped for it already.

I know' date=' but still... anything can happen. This is MMA. We could see Carwin choose to wrestle JDS for 3 rounds and hold him down, or we could see JDS pick Carwin apart for 3 rounds. Thats what he did against Nelson. Carwin has an iron chin.[/quote']

Imo if Carwin gets Jds down then it will eventually lead to a Carwin KO or a jds submission from his back. Both guys have iron chins but when you hit as hard as carwin or jds then it rarely matters.

Imo if Carwin gets Jds down then it will eventually lead to a Carwin KO or a jds submission from his back. Both guys have iron chins but when you hit as hard as carwin or jds then it rarely matters.

Exactly. They both are probably the hardest hitters in the division. If you think about it, they are probably the hardest hitters in MMA, p4p. If they hit anybody flush on the chin, it's pretty much lights out. They put guys on stretchers when they land those huge bombs.

Although, I think that it'll be really hard for JDS to submit Carwin from his back. Carwin is massive, strong, and a great wrestler, so I think that he can control JDS on the ground if he is able to get top position.... but JDS is just so damn fast for a HW. It'll be really hard for Carwin to get him there.

I think JDS matches up better against Carwin than he did against Lesnar.

JDS should be able to pull off a TKO victory in this fight. His striking is much more technical and has the power to finish anyone (except Nelson =P). The fight could end any second when fighting Carwin though. It could all end with a single punch from Carwin, but I believe JDS will do enough to TKO Carwin.