Shane carwin presents alot of problems for JDS?

Psycho_MMA

he can strike with him, and probably take him down mybe at will he is a div 2 wrestler after all.

the highest caliber wrestler JDS has fought.

Carwins got good striking, IMO not as good as JDS but still good enough to maybe beat him on the feet.

providing he doesnt gas himself which i dont think he would make the mistake of doing twice i think JDS is gonna be in for quite a rough night.

Carwin also trains with jackson so you know hes coming in with a good gameplan to.

what do you guys think about this fight

Carwin just has devastating power.

Not only in his punches, but everywhere.

Carwin could easily control JDS and GnP him for a win. He is ridiculously strong.

I had high hopes of JDS facing velasquez after Lesnar, but Carwin is a much tougher fight for JDS.

I'm going with JDS still. You bring valid points' date=' and it really wouldn't surprise me if Carwin won by KO. I just see him gassing out again.[/quote']

If he really does gas out again ( I really hope not) then it will be his "exposed" weak point. I think the Lesnar fight was a fluke of him gassing out. He punched for 3 minutes straight carrying 285 lbs of muscle. That's a huge amount of energy to expend. Anybody would gas doing that.

If he really does gas out again ( I really hope not) then it will be his "exposed" weak point. I think the Lesnar fight was a fluke of him gassing out. He punched for 3 minutes straight carrying 285 lbs of muscle. That's a huge amount of energy to expend. Anybody would gas doing that.

Yeah I'm just saying it seems like if the he happens to hurt JDS (which I doubt) he will just swarm and go all out and be running on E for the rest of the fight. I can see Carwin winning the fight. I just hope the Jackson camp has him go through crazy cardio workouts now.

i think shane will strike with him' date=' if it is not going well he will start pushing for the takedown and GnP

JDS gassed a bit in Nelson fight, so its not like hes a cardio machine and wont tire out at all.[/quote']

Yeah they both need increased cardio if they want to fight Cain (no matter how much I hate him) he's got crazy cardio.

jds has the better more technical striking and i believe he will win by KO but you can never count out that barbarian strength of carwin.

wouldnt be suprised if carwin touches juniors chin and he goes to sleep but im thinking with the proper head/foot movement, dos santos will win this fight.

THIS is that firework standing war that we have all been waiting for in the HW division. i doubt carwin will try to take it down. hell stand and bang. we all know what jds wants to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd0GCQOPREk

^^^THIS

he can strike with him' date=' and probably take him down mybe at will he is a div 2 wrestler after all.

Carwins got good striking, IMO not as good as JDS but still good enough to maybe beat him on the feet.

providing he doesnt gas himself which i dont think he would make the mistake of doing twice i think JDS is gonna be in for quite a rough night.

Carwin also trains with jackson so you know hes coming in with a good gameplan to.

what do you guys think about this fight[/quote']

watch Gonzaga vs Carwin, (Gonzaga was released 3 fights later)

This is a perfect fight for Junior. He's been training for a better bigger wrestler, so Carwin probably won't get him down. And Junior has the edge in the stand up, better footwork and better hands!

Its a wrap for Carwin!

This is a perfect fight for Junior. He's been training for a better bigger wrestler' date=' so Carwin probably won't get him down. And Junior has the edge in the stand up, better footwork and better hands!

Its a wrap for Carwin![/quote']

... much more difficult fight for dos Santos imo, Carwin will sit

in the pocket & throw/ Lesnar not so much - lol

he can strike with him' date=' and probably take him down mybe at will he is a div 2 wrestler after all.

um carwin doesnt have good striking, i say average...his just got ridiculous power behind it. he sometimes stiffens up with his stance-if his stiff like that and jds catches him, thats a wrap

Carwin's drawback is his conditioning and his footwork.

This fight is going to be great' date=' but I hate it. Two of my favorites, and someone is getting knocked out. I think Cigano's speed will be the difference maker though.[/quote']

So do I . It will be exciting, but I always prefer my favorites fight somebody I hate. Exactly JDS is much quicker in moving.

Flat footed and heavily deflated 36 year old Carwin is going to get knocked out if he stands with JDS. He better use his wrestling and the Greg Jackson fight for the safe decision approach.

you just know Carwin will try to pace himself & not waste punches' date='

thus the opening for Juniors combinations & I don't ever remember

seeing Shane fight while moving backward ...

... & one of these might help -

[img']http://www.stikage.com/images/products/off_oxyset.jpg[/img]

This is a great match-up for both guys!

Carwin to me is very similar to Cain is physique and style, but whilst i believe he is a harder hitter, Cain's speed gives him the advantage over Carwin. Therefore JDS gets a great opportunity to face a larger guy with great hands, but without the speed of Cain (im not saying Carwin is slow btw!).

If JDS can beat Carwin convincingly, then that makes for an interesting and great fight JDS v Cain. On the flipside, if Carwin beats JDS than that makes for a match of the monsters between Carwin and Cain. Two guys who can wrestle, boxe, got great BJJ skills and fight 'forwards'. Will be a massive, massive draw for the UFC and bring in a massive PPV audience if you ask me...