Common Misconception on P4P Polls

WhoAmI1406053197

Recently MMAJUNKIE did another yearly poll of who is the best P4P fighter in MMA. This years poll came just after GSP's fight where he didn't "finish" a 50% decision engine. He won but haters will hate, that is just a fact.

This thread is to prove that people will vote best P4P due to entertainment itself. The extremeist point of view here would be this. If some GIANT came into the UFC and only had one move, the push kick, yet no one had an answer for it. This giant used it all the time because it wasn't answered. He beat everyone with fewer flaws that his P4P competitors. Would people vote for the Giant? Nope, he got boring even though he was that dominant.

People vote for either who they are told is best, or who's style they favor.

I'm sorry you are disappointed. My point has already been proven' date=' but I'm going to wait for more to call it. I never said Troll anywhere there kiddo.[/quote']

So......you are verbally attacking me directly because you want to call me a troll because I asked a question? Do trolls ask questions?

Jesus christ man ... get the sand out of your crotch ... I was browsing thread titles and I misread your's as Common Misconception on P4P TROLLS.

I didn't even read your crappy little thread so don't flatter yourself ... it is one of 893469375654764764^10 p4p related threads on this site ...

here's this for your effort

cl-3m_tampon.jpg

Rofl at the poll options. KO's are there' date=' submissions are not. Dominance is there, entertainment is not. No elusiveness.

But Names are there on both sides.

I love these GSP stacked options. Incredible.[/quote']

So you are saying entertainment has something to do with best P4P?....excactly.

Jesus christ man ... get the sand out of your crotch ... I was browsing thread titles and I misread your's as Common Misconception on P4P TROLLS.

I didn't even read your crappy little thread so don't flatter yourself ... it is one of 893469375654764764^10 p4p related threads on this site ...

here's this for your effort

cl-3m_tampon.jpg

I realize you didn't read the thread, just like alot of arguers don't. I'm just not sure why you posted when you didn't read it int he first place. I'm a Tito fan. You make Tito look bad...

lol say why gsp is better' date=' or you can keep ducking me if you want :D[/quote']

Reasons GSP is best.

Most people believe there are 3, but there are 6 cornerstones in MMA.

1.Striking-Silva is better.

2.Striking Defense-equal (debateable)Silva looks like he has better striking defense because of his flashy moves. But if you watch all of their fights GSP gets hit less.

3.Wrestling-GSP is better

4.Wrestling Defense-GSP is better

5.Ju-Jitsu GSP is better(don't argue, just google it or watch the fights)

6.Ju-Jitsu Defense-GSP is better (Fought Penn who is a world champion and did't avoid his BJJ. He actually dove right into it and won easy). If you are going to argue grease then watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb6vMS5LHc This is a tired argument lead by haters who have no ground to argue on except looping video's doctored by other haters. If GSP was guilty he would have been punished, so drop it.

Being well rounded is very important. Everyone knows that GSP is the most well rounded athlete in the sport.

Records are another thing to consider when you are considering the best. GSP has a better winning record. Say what you want about who he has fought but top contender is top contender. GSP has only lost two rounds that I'm aware of in his entire career. Those rounds were lost because of one move each.

MMAth.

GSP beat Karo Paresian, Karo beat Ryo Chonan, Chonan beat Anderson Silva.

GSP beat Jake Shields, Shields beat Okami, Okami beat Anderson Silva.

We could argue that one a lot but no need, there are tons of more reasons.

When fighting you have to consider a fighter at his best potential and was he at his best in his career at the time of the fight. Any informed fan knows that fighters peak. Typically after hitting that peak they either fall quickly in talent or keep fighting and have to deal with Uninformed fans smear their name. I've seen people bashing Tito, Couture, Shamrock and even Royce Gracie. Every single day people learn new things to bring to MMA and it doesn't mean the legends are bad fighters. It simply means that EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER PEAKS. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Some fighters keep fighting after their peak. It's really sad to watch newbie fans bashing these incredible fighters with no knowledge of the sport when these guys didn't give up in their prime. They stuck around to fight top talent to test themselves knowing the majority would hate them(because MMA is growing very fast and the majority of the fanbase is new). This being said, everyone GSP has ever fought was at the best in their career when GSP faced them.

Silva's opponents have been weak all around since joining the UFC. He joined a weak weight class (don't get me wrong, there are no easy fights in the UFC, but MW is the weakest weight)(Only now because of the merger, HW was and MW was #2 weakest, now MW is the weakest) Please leave the garbage about how ?Silva makes them look weak?. I'm not a newbie fan, I've watched the fighters, they are weak when compared. Hendo was the only true force.

Most of GSP's opponents remained in the UFC because they are elite opponents, which is why he had the drive to make himself so good. In fact his first pro fight contender is in the UFC today, and winning. GSP is a future hall of famer. He has also beat a hall of famer and a future hall of famer.

Lets talk performances. I will not win this debate even though I do choose GSP. The debate that I see is a fighter that is a KO artist or a fighter who can pick apart the most elite fighters in the world, and typically win by such a large margin that fighter never has a chance to try ANYTHING. But I will and have admitted that the reason most of this WHOLE debate has been going on, is because of this. And the majority of the people like KO's so Anderson Silva wins by a long shot. Partly due to all of the merging fans from boxing and the new fans that don't know what passing guard is.

Win Streaks. Silva has the biggest but a lot of the opponents in this streak are terrible fighters and some are just not worthy of TOP MMA talk. Leites? Lutter? Irvin?Cote?Fryklund haha!? Just look at where they are now. Griffin and Belfort had peaked well before their encounter with Silva, Belfort more than Griffin. I love Griffin to death but he is most popular because he was in a slug war with ***** and neither of them had KO power, yet both had decent chins. Griffin has the best personallity in MMA which sells him to a lot of fans but he is one of the TWO people to get beat by Jeremy Horn by striking out of Horns 87 fights.

Losses. Easy debate yet a majority of the Silva fans I've talked to in the last month bring it up again and again. The fact is EVERY elite fighter will eventually have losses. Any fighter can win with luck on any given day. What matters is what you do about it. Lots of Silva fans debating me bring up Serra's KO. I saw it. GSP took him lightly, no mystery there. GSP came back to beat Serra so bad it was emberassing. He also came back to beat Hughes so bad it was emberassing. Silva never avenged his losses. And yes it is important to avenge your losses. If someone beats you, it means that someone is better than you until you prove it differently. That is MMA. Take it or leave it. GSP has beat EVERYONE he has ever fought. Silva never avenged his four losses. But he is expected to fight Okami again. Silva fans were raving about how Silva was winning that fight, but Okami only caught love tap kicks up until his takedown. Silva paniced and upkicked because all of his losses are on the ground. Silva not only lost, but he lost cheating. I'm not going to say Silva is going to win their second fight. But the talk about how Okami was losing is just trash, he made the only power move of the fight.

Other Silva losses include Ryo Chonan, who was beat by Paresian within the same time frame GSP beat Karo.

Domination. I've head a lot of ?lay and pray? talk about GSP lately. These fans are embarassing themselves. No one has ever seen GSP lay and pray. GSP mixes it up, if he gets the takedown, he is immediately working on passing guard. A lot of newbie fans call this ?hugging? or ?lay and pray?. He is always working with either striking or passing guard or GNP. A lot of Silva fans say he is more dominant. This is what is fun for me. No fighter in history has been more dominant than GSP. As I said before, most newbie fans only see stand-up and believe Silva is more dominant. But that's why it's called MIXED-Martial-Arts. GSP is better at that than anyone in the sport. Look at all of their fights. GSP has lost maybe 2 rounds in his career and he does not avoid a fight. He always pushes foreward dominating the entire time. Then look at Silva. He lost 4-5 rounds to a one dimentional Sonnen. He avoided Maia's ground game and set a record for most time lapsed without combat, over a full MINUTE at times. He also avoided Leites, yet just like Maia, Leites was trying to avoid the striking. Letites would try to pull guard and fall, yet Silva never moved back enough to let the ref stand them up. Silva would land just enough foot kicks to keep the BJJ guy grounded so he could run the clock. I've heard talk about how elite he was because he not only won, but he taunted. Real fighters don't taunt, they fight. No elite fighter wastes time taunting unless you are stalling for some reason. But it plays into the fan base that watches a lot of movies, gotta give it to Silva.

Finishes. This is 100% opinion based. I love seeing KO's, thats a fact. But when I can see GSP win against a top competitor in the sport and shut that elite fighter down so bad that the opponent almost never scores ONE offensive point the entire fight, that is talent (opinion). The finishing argument was out when they added a time limit. Some fighters are endurace, some are power. If you add a time limit to an endurace fighter, he may run out of time before his talent shows up. No fighter will TRY to win by judge. The judges are horrible as everyone knows. And the longer you are in a fight, the more time your opponent has to pull off a luck win, sub or ko. Why would anyone plan for that. I get a lot of debate on ?GSP fights safe so he's not best P4P?....If anything that gives him a better chance of winning the fight. Silva wouldn't default win if GSP didn't finish, lol.

The chain of fighters. The killer here is GSP has beat Karo Paresian who has beat Ryo Chonan. Ryo beat Silva. GSP beat Shields, who beat Okami, who beat Silva. The exact same night Shields beat Okami, he beat Condit. I've heard TONS of people saying Condit is better than GSP.

Polls. The most popular website in 2010 was MMAJUNKIE. Junkie started a poll of who was the best P4P fighter. GSP was first, Fedor was second, Silva was third with a 9%. This is why I say that it doesn't matter what Joe Rogan says. Silva isn't best P4P. It's not up to one organization or one man trying to sell it. Its up to the fans. The people and facts have spoke. Even this person spoke up about it, watch it at 3:55.

GSP is the best P4P fighter in the world hands down. I did a lot of research for my threads and learned a lot about Silva. I was actually expecting to be proven wrong by some facts I didn't know, because I heard all of this talk. But after all of the research, I have less respect for Silva than when I started.

So you are saying entertainment has something to do with best P4P?....excactly.

I honestly put that in there, because I knew you would ****tuck the rest of my statement and focus on the only part you could dispute.

I was baiting you, son.

Hook.

Line.

Sinker.

I realize you didn't read the thread' date=' just like alot of arguers don't. I'm just not sure why you posted when you didn't read it int he first place. I'm a Tito fan. You make Tito look bad...[/quote']

dude I'm P4P best Tito fan here ... make a poll :D

Yo WHOIAM' date=' i was looking at your sig and it says GSP is p4p since 06, but didn't he lose to Serra in 07????[/quote']

All fighters lose on bad days. What matters is can you avenge that loss and prove that you are the better fighter.

Who is your fav fighter. Does he have losses, has he avenged them. Was he dominant?

All fighters lose on bad days. What matters is can you avenge that loss and prove that you are the better fighter.

Who is your fav fighter. Does he have losses' date=' has he avenged them. Was he dominant?[/quote']

No Cain has no losses, and yes Cain is very dominant

Here is what matters when judging P4P.

Who have you beat?

Who have you lost to?

Have you avenged your losses?

That is ALL. GSP has best the best in the 2nd most stacked weight class in MMA. He has been in the UFC for a long time and has avenged all of his losses in his MMA career.

How did you beat them?

Did you dominate them, or did you just decision them?

Was any vaso involved?

I never said .....you weren't......the biggest Tito fan.....You kinda ramble don't you.

I said I was a Tito fan and you attack me saying you are the biggest Tito fan? Pretty pathetic.

Again with the delusions ... I make a simple post .. suddenly I'm accusing you of being a troll ...

then I call you a genius which is apparently a verbal attack ..

so then I make Tito look bad .. waaaaa ... suddenly I'm attacking you again...

yeh.......................I ..........................................ramble....................................

you......................mad?

... wake up buddy NOBODY CARES

Again with the delusions ... I make a simple post .. suddenly I'm accusing you of being a troll ...

then I call you a genius which is apparently a verbal attack ..

so then I make Tito look bad .. waaaaa ... suddenly I'm attacking you again...

yeh.......................I ..........................................ramble....................................

you......................mad?

... wake up buddy NOBODY CARES

tito=P4P Joke

OK' date=' give us your p4p top 10 or even p4p 5 and see it get ripped apart[/quote']

GSP is number 1. No one can dispute that logically. They can cry excuses all day but he has beat more elite fighters than anyone. I did't come here to make a top 5 or 10. I came here because so many people don't recognize the obvious.

GSP is number 1. No one can dispute that logically. They can cry excuses all day but he has beat more elite fighters than anyone. I did't come here to make a top 5 or 10. I came here because so many people don't recognize the obvious.

Number 1 eh? He couldn't even outstrike Jake Shields, but no your right he number 1, you dont need to be good to be number 1, you just got to win, just like Hamill is #1 LHW because he already beat bones

Number 1 eh? He couldn't even outstrike Jake Shields' date=' but no your right he number 1, you dont need to be good to be number 1, you just got to win, just like Hamill is #1 LHW because he already beat bones[/quote']

winning is all that matters right?

Hamill > Bones

I am tired of people writting posts that have no idea what P4P means. This poll doesn't even have the logical choices. I haven't even read the posts and I already know it is written by a GSP fanboy just by the selection of choices. This is because he thinks that people don't think GSP is #1 P4P because he doesn't KO anybody. This is not the case. It is also quite obvious that the writter of this thread thinks GSP is P4P #1 because of his supposed dominance in the cage. Unfortunately, this writter doesn't realize that P4P has nothing to do with either of these options. It has to do with being the best fighter if the dynamic of weight is removed from the equation.

This is the reasons why GSP is not P4P best and should not even be in the top ten P4P.

1. GSP comes into the fight at 195 lbs. and has a 76 inch reach. This is the second largest reported fight weight in the WW class (behind Alves). He has the largest reach by far out of any of the current WW's. Remember that reach is important, not height. So effectively he is beaten up people smaller than himself.

2. GSP is no longer dominant. He was outstruck by a jujitsu guy (shows that his striking is weak). He dropped two rounds to Jake Shields (which means that Jake lost by one round) and got hopitalized. This is not a display of dominance. Furthermore, the ultimate sign of dominance is a finish. Finishing one fight out of six doesn't cut it unless your a GSP fan.

Rofl at the poll options. KO's are there' date=' submissions are not. Dominance is there, entertainment is not. No elusiveness.

But Names are there on both sides.

I love these GSP stacked options. Incredible.[/quote']

You said it best yourself when you thought entertainment had anything to do with best P4P. Elusiveness is under domination, if you are taking damage you're not dominant are ya?

Domination won the poll. GSP is undoubtedly the most dominant fighter in MMA. He is always active' date=' always winning and takes very little damage. He has lost maybe two rounds in his career because of single moves. He has avenged his losses to those moves and won dominantly. :eek:[/quote']

How many GSP posters do you own? Do you own a pair of GSP's spandex and worship it every sunday?

Are you hoping one day GSP is going to come pick you up and take you on a hot date thats rated number 1 P4P best date ever? Then after you'll have alittle lay and pray pillow talk? When it comes down to it GSP will win the "decision" of being on top with you on bottom?

Is this why you worship and preech about GSP so much because you hope some day he will see you fighting for his love on the "UFC FORUM" that this magical fantasy will happen for you one day?