i'm a fan of carwin but face it he can't stand with jds

JON_KO_DOE860

jds striking will be to quick and also to technical for carwin best bet for carwin is to clinch up and frank mir him or use his wrestling but jds bjj is a mystery we'll see tho great match up :D

... if Gonzaga can easily tattoo him, so can dos Santos -

I actually really like this idea...also' date=' less likely that it ends in a bs judging call[/quote']

Dana said it wouldnt take place until after the Brock vs JDS fight, they couldnt get it done for some reason...but if theres anybody in the HW division that can strike with JDS its Carwin, still pulling for JDS tho :cool:

Also if this is the Main Event' date=' is this a 5 rd event?[/quote']

welcome to mma :)

but yeah man if carwin got tagged by gonzaga, and gonzaga just threw like 3 right hands, no combo. i think if JDS does stun him with a shot, there will be a left hook behind the right hand and a brutal upper cut to wrap it up

jds isn't that quick and carwin is much bigger and stronger.. I think if he came with a good gameplan he could really rape JDS.

Also if Carwin finds JDS's chin it's game over. And he could probably take him to the ground with his wrestling.. and the grappling is where the size and strength matters the most so.. I'd definitely put my money on Carwin.

welcome to mma :)

but yeah man if carwin got tagged by gonzaga' date=' and gonzaga just threw like 3 right hands, no combo. i think if JDS does stun him with a shot, there will be a left hook behind the right hand and a brutal upper cut to wrap it up[/quote']

... I think many people are underestimating Juniors striking/ boxing -

maybe this will help -

It will great to see Carwin in the octagon again (has to be for more than one round this time)

I really hope he proves that the last fight against Bock was just a one off issue he had at the time and his cardio is just as good as his power

I really want JDS to win because JDS vs Cain is the premier fight at HW

Though Cain vs Carwin would be awesome too

The fight makers are finally paying attention

(next Penn vs Alves)

Whats the deal did Lesnar pull out? Carwin has power but I think his chin is suspect considering what Gonzaga did to him. If Gonzaga had kept hitting him instead of going into grappling he would have TKO'ed Carwin. JDS is too fast for Carwin, but I agree that if Carwin can get him up against the cage and keep him there it's over for JDS.

Yeah did I miss something too?

Carwin would be at a disadvantage in nothing but standup but I honestly see Carwin pushing JDS against the cage like Nelson did a few times and after that it is game over time for JDS. This assumes surgery did not make a huge change in Carwin's physical ability which is a big ??? imho

This fight is more intriguing than Lesnar/JDS imho. But I just don't see Carwin having much of a chance though IF Jr comes in with the right game plan. If JDS can force Carwin to use energy throwing punches that don't connect by sticking and moving for 2 rounds then pouring it on in the 3rd when I'm betting Carwin will be more tired than Jr then it should be an easy UD win if not TKO. If JDS decides he want to trade heavy shots though it could be a short night for one of them. I'm of the opinion that Jr is smarter than that though.

Carwin has the power and wrestling advantage while JDS has the speed and jiu jitsu advantage. This is a really tough call no matter who you like more. I'm betting it's gonna be a crazy fight. Whoever can impose their will wins. My guess would be that Carwin would pummel him to the cage and try to finish early. The longer the fight goes' date=' the more I think JDS pulls it out. We'll see.[/quote']

All I have to say is...Carwin was being out struck by NEIL WAIN before he took him down.

Definitely don't think you're going to see alot of super take down effort on Carwin's part, more press against the cage like he did with Mir. Carwin poses alot of threats given he has good to ok standup with phenom power and good wrestling. Going to be alot for JDS to think about but JDS's hands are outstanding.