Lets look at how many fighters pulled out of great fights so far

OutCast217

Cain Velasquez pulled out, Brock pulled out for the #1 contendership to face Cain Velasquez, Frankie Edgar pulled out of the fight against Gray Maynard, Gray Maynard pulled out (also #1 contender) Jon Jones pulled out against Rashad Evans, seriously? champs or chumps... I find this all too sudden for such names to be pulled out in such a short amount of time

Cain Velasquez pulled out' date=' Brock pulled out for the #1 contendership to face Cain Velasquez, Frankie Edgar pulled out of the fight against Gray Maynard, Gray Maynard pulled out (also #1 contender) Jon Jones pulled out against Rashad Evans, seriously? [b']champs or chumps[/b]... I find this all too sudden for such names to be pulled out in such a short amount of time

Definitely champs. This isnt ballet, its a combat sport there is obviously going to be injuries

if it wasnt for so many injuries thiago silva would not be suspended right now. ufc 108 was one of the most injury plagued cards i can remember. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_108

thiago was forced into the main event slot against rashad and rumored to have been given extra to fight even tho he had 2 herniated discs in his back. after the lackluster performance, he required alot of rehab for his back which led to a whole year layoff and potentially permanent damage.

training for brandon vera he re-injured his back and due to a whole year not working, was in financial distress. he decided his only course of action for his family was to take banned substances to aid in the healing of his back. due to the fact that he was new to juicing he had no clue what he was doing, when he realized he was gonna get caught and made a terrible decision to purchase some sort of fake urine.

to make a long story short, if there wasnt so many injuries at 108 he could have took the proper times to deal with his herniated discs and never needed the juice to begin with.

So it was okay for him to cheat?

I highly disagree. Regardless of how tough the situation seems' date=' there is never a good excuse for cheating. He cheated, and now he will face the consequences.[/quote']

where in that whole post did you get that i said it was ok for him??? i even made a long story short so you wouldnt have to read the whole thing

where in that whole post did you get that i said it was ok for him??? i even made a long story short so you wouldnt have to read the whole thing

I read the entire thing. You never did once say it was okay for him to use PEDs, but it seemed like you were trying to defend him for doing it.

If Chuck, Randy, or Rich Franklin ever got busted for roids, I'd feel no remorse towards them even though they are some of my top 5 favorite fighters. I'd hope they deal with it and come clean but wouldn't try and make it seem like they had no choice for doing it.

The only way I could understand is if someone slipped something into your drink or a situation where you had absolutely no clue that you were taking PEDs.

I read the entire thing. You never did once say it was okay for him to use PEDs' date=' but it seemed like you were trying to defend him for doing it.

If Chuck, Randy, or Rich Franklin ever got busted for roids, I'd feel no remorse towards them even though they are some of my top 5 favorite fighters. I'd hope they deal with it and come clean but wouldn't try and make it seem like they had no choice for doing it.

The only way I could understand is if someone slipped something into your drink or a situation where you had absolutely no clue that you were taking PEDs.[/quote']

even tho he is one of my favorite's i tried my best to remain unbiased and i think i did a fairly good job of that. obviously i wish he just took the time off and skipped the vera fight instead of juicing. his fans are more pissed off at him then anyone cause we dont get to see him fight for another year.

even tho he is one of my favorite's i tried my best to remain unbiased and i think i did a fairly good job of that. obviously i wish he just took the time off and skipped the vera fight instead of juicing. his fans are more pissed off at him then anyone cause we dont get to see him fight for another year.

It was a little biased. Although, I respect you for somewhat admitting it.

It's hard not to be biased when dealing with your favorite fighters.

Definitely champs. This isnt ballet' date=' its a combat sport there is obviously going to be injuries[/quote']

I think ballet might be harder, if you start after 3 years old you have little chance to become a champion, and their career ends when they are 16 or get injurie which happens more than in mma. They have probablablabla,...

Van Dammage FTW

I think in the past guys just fought with injuries a lot more than they do today. I'm not saying that's good or bad. I can see both sides of it. It sucks for the fans and alters the contendership sometimes, but then again you want to see fighters fight at their best. The fighters themselves would obviously prefer to fight at or near 100%.