anyone else thinking the griff will rematch rampage after they win their fights?

Enigma_Machine

title says it all, if they both win, they both will be ranked fairly high at 205, but their opponents don't warrant a title shot imo, but if they rematch each other, the winner will be unquestionably deserving of the shot at the strap

UPDATE: ok so we still have to find out if rampage gets the shot. If he doesn't, then machida gets the shot, then probably rashad. So rampage will be waiting to fight by then. With him being so vocal about wanting a rematch with forrest in recent interviews, he will most likely get the winner of Shogun vs Forrest 2. We have to assume Forrest will win because he has done it already, but this is mma and anyone can win.

So if they make forrest vs rampage 2, who takes it?

Yeah' date=' for #1 contender (basically a Championship fight, either would trash JBJ).

I take Forrest, he already has the first win.[/quote']

yeah lets hope that the new 5 rd for no.1 contender fights rule is in place before this fight, that way the fight would not favor anyone. As forrest has the cardio to go 25, rampage has the explosiveness for 15.

@TheProdigy777

You're funny if you think Griffin is gonna get smashed by Shogun. If Rua gets the win it's because the fight went the distance to a judges decision, and if the fight ends early it's cause Forrest KO's, TKO's or submits Shogun

Run Forrest Run? Tito, is that you hiding behind a fake name bro? Don't be mad cause Forrest beat your ***, just think of the epic *** whooping you're gonna recieve on July 2nd :)

I think Forrest has a legitimate chance at beating Shogun again. He knows how to fight smart, and his takedowns and wrestling are actually looking better, albeit he displayed them on a smaller Rich Franklin. I can see him coming away with a UD or a submission

As for Hamill and Rampage, I could see that either way. Rampage if it stays standing, But Hamill's wrestling is better than Rampage.

Regardless, this little hypothetical 4 man tournament would have some interesting results.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: ok so we still have to find out if rampage gets the shot. If he doesn't, then machida gets the shot, then probably rashad. So rampage will be waiting to fight by then. With him being so vocal about wanting a rematch with forrest in recent interviews, he will most likely get the winner of Shogun vs Forrest 2. We have to assume Forrest will win because he has done it already, but this is mma and anyone can win.

So if they make forrest vs rampage 2, who takes it?