If Nick Diaz and GSP do fight...

Shuberling

If Nick stands with GSP, it will be another Jake Shields/GSP.

If Nick pulls guard, it will be Serra/GSP II.

Nick's strongest chance is on the ground, but even his Gracie technique will not save him. GSP is very comfortable on the ground. Look what he did to Serra in their 2nd fight, to Koscheck in their first fight, to Penn in both their fights.

Nick is supposedly good at striking but his punches lack true power, and Georges will pick him apart on their feet.

Nick really doesn't have a chance, either on his feet or on the matt. He just needs a big payday.

I'd be more interested in seeing Nick take on Sanchez in a rematch, Hughes, Penn, Fitch, Alves, Condit, Koscheck and Kampmann.

It does look like Nick will have a lot of big paydays in the UFC, if Dana ever lets him come back. Hope Nick can give up weed.

There's no way GSP would gas out against Diaz. He uses very little energy while on top, and unless you've been living under a rock thats how that fight will play out. 5 rounds of GSP smothering, cause theres no way nick can stop his TD or get back up.

I pray every night for diaz's fight with lacy to get confirmed with a set date so I can see him get ktfo.

There's no way GPS would gas out against Diaz. He uses very little energy while on top' date=' and unless you've been living under a rock thats how that fight will play out. 5 rounds of GPS smothering, cause theres no way nick can stop his TD or get back up.

I pray every night for diaz's fight with lacy to get confirmed with a set date so I can see him get ktfo.[/quote']

Lacy is a scrub LOL

I think Diaz would beat him. Why? These are the statistics I go by. GSP won 3 rounds to 2 against Shields in a stand-up fight. Shields has been criticized so much about how he's a very bad striker, yet he bested 2 rounds against GSP. Nick Diaz went toe to toe with (possibly) the best sriker at WW and beat him at his own game in the 1st round.

GSP and Paul Daley differences in striking:

GSP: Faster, great cardio, explosive, wierd over hand right that couldn't knock out a sleeping hobo. Lacks alot of KO power.

Paul Daley: Great KO power, probaly best at WW, Explosive when he has the energy, but lacks cardio to keep his speed up.

GSP also has a questionable chin. If Shields can best him for 2 rounds in stand-up, then with Nick's level of cardio and boxing skills, he could best GSP for 5 rounds of striking.

People say GSP has beaten great grapplers at their own game, let's name some of them:

Sean Sherk - Wrestler (Used to fighting off top)

BJ Penn twice - He's a LW

Matt Hughes - Wrestler (Used to fighting off top)

Matt Serra? - Come on, he hasn't submitted anyone since 2002 and he's a midget (Lol)

Josh Koscheck - Wrestler (Used to fighting off top)

Jon Fitch - Wrestler (Ditto)

All the fighters he's grappled with are either wrestlers who need to fight from top or smaller opponents who he could easily over power. If he's such a great grappler, why didn't he grapple with Shields? Cause he'd get subbed. He hasn't grappled with anyone who's the same size as him who is comfortable off their back like Nick Diaz is.

Nick on the other hand, he doesn't care where the fight takes place, people say he loses to good strong wrestlers mostly, when was the last time he lost to a strong wrestler? Over 5 years ago, he's made his JJ so slick since then. I'd take Diaz winning by TKO or sub in the 4th or 5th round.

Oh yeah, and Diaz has much better cardio. No i'm not chatting BS, he does triathalons alot whenever he's not scheduled to fight. You look at his face after 5 round wars and he's not even breathing heavily, he's walking around with his mouth closed cause he's not tired in the slightest.