Eddie Bravo appreciation thread!

Shuberling

Hell yeah Bravo is the man! Just got his Mastering the Rubber Guard and The Twister DVD's, they are very entertaining and really helping me a lot with my JJ game. Eddie Bravo is awesome I love that guy. Anyone who smokes weed and does JJ good is a baller IMO and Bravo is probally the best at that haha. I want to train with him one day

Hell yeah Bravo is the man! Just got his Mastering the Rubber Guard and The Twister DVD's' date=' they are very entertaining and really helping me a lot with my JJ game. Eddie Bravo is awesome I love that guy. Anyone who smokes weed and does JJ good is a baller IMO and Bravo is probally the best at that haha. I want to train with him one day[/quote']

I'm hoping to go to the 2011 ADCC championships in Nottingham, it's reported he'll be competeing against Royler Gracie again. If so, i'm going to be going up with the guys I train with and seeing as i'm like the only person from our gym who uses rubber guard attacks, I wanna ask him after his match if he could show me some stuff.

I'm hoping to go to the 2011 ADCC championships in Nottingham' date=' it's reported he'll be competeing against Royler Gracie again. If so, i'm going to be going up with the guys I train with and seeing as i'm like the only person from our gym who uses rubber guard attacks, I wanna ask him after his match if he could show me some stuff.[/quote']

Yeah, i am one of the only one at my gym who uses rubber guard, well i'm one of the only people that have anderson silva legs to use it good :D do you train BJJ or just like mma?

I'm hoping to go to the 2011 ADCC championships in Nottingham' date=' it's reported he'll be competeing against Royler Gracie again. If so, i'm going to be going up with the guys I train with and seeing as i'm like the only person from our gym who uses rubber guard attacks, I wanna ask him after his match if he could show me some stuff.[/quote']

Thats awesome! No way he's going against Royler again thats crazy. You should im sure he is always willing to help people with the rubber guard. Funny you say that because I am also the only person who uses the rubber guard at my gym, and it works perfectly. Half the time my fellow students dont know what the hell im doing and how to defend then all of a sudden they are tapping. I also caught my JJ teacher in an Omoplata from rubber guard and really caught him off guard, it was crazy. The Rubber Guard is wicked but you do need to be flexible for sure. Thats awesome your going there I wish I could

Yeah' date=' i am one of the only one at my gym who uses rubber guard, well i'm one of the only people that have anderson silva legs to use it good :D do you train BJJ or just like mma?[/quote']

I do MMA, but one of the guys I train with is nuts at BJJ, so he shows and teaches me ground stuff. And cause i'm flexible enough to triangle choke myself, I like using rubberguard alot, lol. Plus alot of people who I train with are alot bigger than me, so it helps me keep control on them.

Thats awesome! No way he's going against Royler again thats crazy. You should im sure he is always willing to help people with the rubber guard. Funny you say that because I am also the only person who uses the rubber guard at my gym' date=' and it works perfectly. Half the time my fellow students dont know what the hell im doing and how to defend then all of a sudden they are tapping. I also caught my JJ teacher in an Omoplata from rubber guard and really caught him off guard, it was crazy. The Rubber Guard is wicked but you do need to be flexible for sure. Thats awesome your going there I wish I could[/quote']

It truly is awsome, god bless Eddie for showing us the way! I'm such a sneaky jew rat, alot of people expect Omoplata's or Gogoplata's, but I can usually sneak triangles with the leg i'm not even holding, lol.

I do MMA' date=' but one of the guys I train with is nuts at BJJ, so he shows and teaches me ground stuff. And cause i'm flexible enough to triangle choke myself, I like using rubberguard alot, lol. Plus alot of people who I train with are alot bigger than me, so it helps me keep control on them.[/quote']

Sweet. I do mma, but i also take BJJ on the side. I've got my green belt :D but it sucks that i have to give it up and start back at white again because i turn 15 in september :( I'm usually the smallest (and youngest) guy at my gyms too.

It truly is awsome' date=' god bless Eddie for showing us the way! I'm such a sneaky jew rat, alot of people expect Omoplata's or Gogoplata's, but I can usually sneak triangles with the leg i'm not even holding, lol.[/quote']

I know right, Bravo is the man. You mean like a Meat Hook to Triangle but just from Rubber Guard? I love doing the Meat Hook to Triangle that move is awesome and one of my favorites. I catch a lot of people with it

I know right' date=' Bravo is the man. You mean like a Meat Hook to Triangle but just from Rubber Guard? I love doing the Meat Hook to Triangle that move is awesome and one of my favorites. I catch a lot of people with it[/quote']

I've also gotten a Twist-O-Plata before, lol. All the guys were screaming and laughing wondering what the hell it was cause it looked so awsome.

Try picturing this. All time most craziest sub ever. I was mounted, by a guy who was really short, about 5'6. Now i'm 6'4 and built like Silva, long and lanky limbs. So he had me mounted and i swung my legs up so my feet were touching his back. He was postured up and i leaned up and grabbed my right leg and had him in sort of a rubber guard. It was really weird, but he tried to duck out of it and i had just enough room to slip my leg over his back and get the gogoplata...while he had me in mount. t was crazy, he had no idea it was comming, i didn't either one think just led to another :)

royler will win

Nah he won't. As much as I love the Gracies, he's not like he used to be. He's 45 years old, he's been a lil inactive lately, plus when he lost to Eddie the 1st time, Eddie was a brown belt, he's a black belt now and is rubber guard is so slick now. He's improved so much since their 1st fight. I've got him winning armbar or triangle again.

Try picturing this. All time most craziest sub ever. I was mounted' date=' by a guy who was really short, about 5'6. Now i'm 6'4 and built like Silva, long and lanky limbs. So he had me mounted and i swung my legs up so my feet were touching his back. He was postured up and i leaned up and grabbed my right leg and had him in sort of a rubber guard. It was really weird, but he tried to duck out of it and i had just enough room to slip my leg over his back and get the gogoplata...while he had me in mount. t was crazy, he had no idea it was comming, i didn't either one think just led to another :)[/quote']

LOL, nice! I wanna try that now.

Damn thats sick. Iv never tried it before but it does look really cool' date=' I bet you felt like a boss haha[/quote']

Lol, honestly, I did. I was so proud of myself for like the next 3 days, lol. 3 weeks before that, I pulled off a Gogoplata on my other training partner, was so happy then as well, lol.

Try picturing this. All time most craziest sub ever. I was mounted' date=' by a guy who was really short, about 5'6. Now i'm 6'4 and built like Silva, long and lanky limbs. So he had me mounted and i swung my legs up so my feet were touching his back. He was postured up and i leaned up and grabbed my right leg and had him in sort of a rubber guard. It was really weird, but he tried to duck out of it and i had just enough room to slip my leg over his back and get the gogoplata...while he had me in mount. t was crazy, he had no idea it was comming, i didn't either one think just led to another :)[/quote']

That sounds pretty crazy. Good stuff! And your only 15? Damn your gonna be good. I roll with this kid who is like 13 and he is really good he almost finished me with an omoplata and he actually did tap me with a leg lock but I was going kinda easy on him to be honest. Its just crazy to see that the young kids these days already know the stuff that we just learned not too long ago, thats the sport it is always evolving with the world and each generation just gets better and better. Its gonna be crazy to see how MMA has evolved in the next 5 to 10 years

That sounds pretty crazy. Good stuff! And your only 15? Damn your gonna be good. I roll with this kid who is like 13 and he is really good he almost finished me with an omoplata and he actually did tap me with a leg lock but I was going kinda easy on him to be honest. Its just crazy to see that the young kids these days already know the stuff that we just learned not too long ago' date=' thats the sport it is always evolving with the world and each generation just gets better and better. Its gonna be crazy to see how MMA has evolved in the next 5 to 10 years[/quote']

I was planning on going out to Florida to train at ATT for 2 months with one of the guys I train with, but i'm tempted to go to Cali and train at 10th Planet JJ and Cesar Gracie JJ for 2 months instead. Should be cheaper as well.

Lol' date=' honestly, I did. I was so proud of myself for like the next 3 days, lol. 3 weeks before that, I pulled off a Gogoplata on my other training partner, was so happy then as well, lol.[/quote']

Haha yeah its such a great feeling. I was soo happy when I got my first submission, it truly is a natural high when you pull off a good sub. Iv never KO'd someone before but I still think a good submission would feel a lot better

That sounds pretty crazy. Good stuff! And your only 15? Damn your gonna be good. I roll with this kid who is like 13 and he is really good he almost finished me with an omoplata and he actually did tap me with a leg lock but I was going kinda easy on him to be honest. Its just crazy to see that the young kids these days already know the stuff that we just learned not too long ago' date=' thats the sport it is always evolving with the world and each generation just gets better and better. Its gonna be crazy to see how MMA has evolved in the next 5 to 10 years[/quote']

lol yeah man, mma looks like it seriously will have a bright future. The new generation of fighters deffinatly look good, and they still ghave much to learn.

Jose Aldo

Rory McDonald

As much as i dislike the guy i can't deny his potential, Jon Jones

Phil Davis

there are so many more. Micheal Chandler from Bellator looks good.

I was planning on going out to Florida to train at ATT for 2 months with one of the guys I train with' date=' but i'm tempted to go to Cali and train at 10th Planet JJ and Cesar Gracie JJ for 2 months instead. Should be cheaper as well.[/quote']

Yeah ATT would be good. But I would rather go with 10th P and Cesar for sure! I think they would be a lot better. Im out here in Northern Cali and there are a lot of good places out here. They got Dave Terrell's camp out here where I live along with the place I train at and there are Gracie's academy's pretty much all over Northern Cali

lol yeah man' date=' mma looks like it seriously will have a bright future. The new generation of fighters deffinatly look good, and they still ghave much to learn.

Jose Aldo

Rory McDonald

As much as i dislike the guy i can't deny his potential, Jon Jones

Phil Davis

there are so many more. Micheal Chandler from Bellator looks good.[/quote']

Exactly! It will just keep growing and the fighters and fights will just get better and better. Perfect examples there too! Especially Rory MacDonald and Jones as of late. They are really showing that younger generations will soon take over all in time its bound to happen

I was planning on going out to Florida to train at ATT for 2 months with one of the guys I train with' date=' but i'm tempted to go to Cali and train at 10th Planet JJ and Cesar Gracie JJ for 2 months instead. Should be cheaper as well.[/quote']

It's your call. Personaly I would take ATT myself because I want to take up mma, and ATT is a top gym for a while now. but training at 10th planet would be an experience of a lifetime too. tough call.

Fighters will only be able to get to a certain point though that's the problem. Give it 5 years and you'll have 30 fighters at LHW who are just as good as Jon Jones and no one will get any better, cause there's always a limit. You can only be so fast and so strong with great cardio. When you've got Jones' skills, you'll not be able to get any better, cause you've gotten to the best there possibly is. And there will be hundreds of Bones', Aldo's, Velasquez's, etc. And there will be no one better cause there is always a limit.

Nah he won't. As much as I love the Gracies' date=' he's not like he used to be. He's 45 years old, he's been a lil inactive lately, plus when he lost to Eddie the 1st time, Eddie was a brown belt, he's a black belt now and is rubber guard is so slick now. He's improved so much since their 1st fight. I've got him winning armbar or triangle again.[/quote']

but the first time royler was owning he got careless and edie capitalized and its not like eddie is a spring chicken and he also is very inactive i predict royler by arm triangle

Exactly! It will just keep growing and the fighters and fights will just get better and better. Perfect examples there too! Especially Rory MacDonald and Jones as of late. They are really showing that younger generations will soon take over all in time its bound to happen

Yep, i don't think people will realise how big mma is going to be, looking at the progress we have already made. I was really bummed out that i missed ufc 129 because we were driving to the toronto airport because we were going to the Bahamas, but we got there just in time as all the fighters were entering the airport. I got to talk to Gsp and Rory and Cotoure and Machida. also Dana. So that kinda made up for missing the ppv. I talked to Dana about having an event in my hometown, Peterborough Ontario. Our Arena only hold about 4,000 people plus floor seats so it may not be a great place. But it may suit a fight night or something.

Fighters will only be able to get to a certain point though that's the problem. Give it 5 years and you'll have 30 fighters at LHW who are just as good as Jon Jones and no one will get any better' date=' cause there's always a limit. You can only be so fast and so strong with great cardio. When you've got Jones' skills, you'll not be able to get any better, cause you've gotten to the best there possibly is. And there will be hundreds of Bones', Aldo's, Velasquez's, etc. And there will be no one better cause there is always a limit.[/quote']

there is a little thing called evolution

but the first time royler was owning he got careless and edie capitalized and its not like eddie is a spring chicken and he also is very inactive i predict royler by arm triangle

He's teaching and getting stoned every day mate! He's never in active, him teaching is using his knowledge and demonstrating what to do, thus he is practicing with other blackbelts and his students!

Yep' date=' i don't think people will realise how big mma is going to be, looking at the progress we have already made. I was really bummed out that i missed ufc 129 because we were driving to the toronto airport because we were going to the Bahamas, but we got there just in time as all the fighters were entering the airport. I got to talk to Gsp and Rory and Cotoure and Machida. also Dana. So that kinda made up for missing the ppv. I talked to Dana about having an event in my hometown, Peterborough Ontario. Our Arena only hold about 4,000 people plus floor seats so it may not be a great place. But it may suit a fight night or something.[/quote']

Yeah MMA is already big but its just going to get bigger better and all of that! No way thats awesome I would be stoked to talk to one of those guys, Especially Couture but damn thats sick. Your lucky