UFC Panic Mode?

king_cillo

Aldo versus Mendes and Cruz v Faber not drawing buys? Who is the author' date=' Pee-wee Herman? Granted it sucks that so many people are pulling out of fights, but I doubt the UFC is panicking at all.[/quote']

Dude it's true. Hardcore fans and casual fans are not the same thing. I think the author's estimated buyrates are low, but they will definitely have to promote the crap out of the events this summer for good buys.

Dude it's true. Hardcore fans and casual fans are not the same thing. I think the author's estimated buyrates are low' date=' but they will definitely have to promote the crap out of the events this summer for good buys.[/quote']

I don't think their buyrates are low. UFC 129 got an estimated 800,000-900,000, the highest buyrate for GSP as a headliner (UFC 100 was headlined by Lesnar v. Mir, St-Pierre co-headlined). UFC 128 did around 445,000, which is good for Shogun and Jones with, what would appear to the non-hardcore fan, as a weak co-main event. UFC 127 did decent for a card of that stature. UFC 126 did more than expected with 775,000.

Well' date=' **** the casual fans. We're getting great cards with some bumps, but still a good year for the UFC. It will only get better with SF guys

GSP vs Nick Diaz

BRING IT MOFOS![/quote']

Yeah, tell that to the guys who want to make big time money off of these cards. It's a business just as much as it is MMA.

They value the casual fan just as much, and in some case more than the hardcore fans. Of course hardcore fans understand some of these cards are still great, but to some random joe who only watches 1 in every 10 ppv's, he's not buying cards with fighters he's never heard before.

This is why Cruz won't be pulling in a lot. He's a champion but a very unknown one to the casual fan. Faber is unknown, and even Aldo is still being introduced. I'll assume that Hominick will pull in more ppv buys in his next fight, than Aldo. More people were impressed with Hominicks performance and that overshadowed who Aldo was, even though hardcore fans know who Aldo is and what he's capable of.

Well' date=' **** the casual fans.[/quote']

The casual fans are where the big money is. You think the UFC brass are going to let that go?

That's why they want a TV network home. Hard-core fans they already have. They need to get the mainstream market. And they know it only too well.