Please rank the division in terms of depth.

BillBurgess

Which weight division do you think is deeper? Please rank them with respect to their depth and quality. I realize that depth and quality might not be the same but try to balance them with what you, individually, consider the best divisions.

HW - Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar, Junior De Santos, Shane Carwin, Frank Mir, Mirko Cro Cop, Pat Barry, Cheick Kongo, Matt Mitrione, Roy Nelson, Big Nog, Ben Rothwell, Brandan Schaub, Stefan Struve. (24 fighters under contract)

LHW - Jon Jones, Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rampage Jackson, Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, Stephan Bonner, Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, Ryan Bader, Little Nog, Phil Davis, Matt Hamill, Brandon Vera, Alexander Gustafsson, James TeHuna, Karlos Vemola, Vladimir Matyushenko. (35 fighters under contract.)

MW - Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, Damian Maia, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Alan Belcher, Michael Bisping, Nick Catone, Tim Credeur, CB Dollaway, Chris Leben, Jason MacDonald, Jason Miller, Mark Munoz, Dan Miller, Yushin Okami, Nate Quarry, Jorge Rivera, Wanderlei Silva, Brian Stann, Royce Gracie. (41 fighters under contract.)

WW - GSP, Jon Fitch, Matt Hughes, BJ Penn,Thiago Alves, Jakle Shields, Diego Sanchez, Josh Koscheck, Paulo Thiago, Dan Hardy, Matt Serra, Anthony Johnson, Carlos Condit, Martin Kampmann, Rory MacDonald, Nate Diaz, Chris Lytle, Mike Swick, Jake Ellenberger, John Hathaway, Dong Hyun Kim, Nate Marquardt, Mike Pierce, Mike Pyle, Amire Sadollah, Rick Story. (48 fighters under contract.)

LW - Franki Edgar, Gray Maynard, Sean Sherk, Spencer Fisher, Clay Guida, Melvin Guillard, Takanori Gomi, Sam Stout. (51 fighters under contract.)

FW - Jose Aldo, Mike Brown, Mark Hominick, Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson, Manny Gamburyan, Leonard, Garcia, Pablo Garza, Tyson Griffin, Nam Phan, Diego Numes. (31 fighters under contract.)

BW - Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber, Eddie Wineland, Miguel Torres, Brian Bowles, Scott Jorgensen, Joe Benavidez, ?? (23 fighters under contract.)

Which weight division do you think is deeper? Please rank them with respect to their depth and quality. I realize that depth and quality might not be the same but try to balance them with what you' date=' individually, consider the best divisions.

HW - Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar, Junior De Santos, Shane Carwin, Frank Mir, Mirko Cro Cop, Pat Barry, Cheick Kongo, Matt Mitrione, Roy Nelson, Minotauro (Little Nog) Nogueira, Ben Rothwell, Brandan Schaub, Stefan Struve. (24 fighters under contract)

LHW - Jon Jones, Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rampage Jackson, Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, Stephan Bonner, Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, Ryan Bader, Big Nog, Phil Davis, Matt Hamill, Brandon Vera, Alexander Gustafsson, James TeHuna, Karlos Vemola, Vladimir Matyushenko. (35 fighters under contract.)

MW - Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, Damian Maia, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Alan Belcher, Michael Bisping, Nick Catone, Tim Credeur, CB Dollaway, Chris Leben, Jason MacDonald, Jason Miller, Mark Munoz, Dan Miller, Yushin Okami, Nate Quarry, Jorge Rivera, Wanderlei Silva, Brian Stann, Royce Gracie. (41 fighters under contract.)

WW - GSP, Jon Fitch, Matt Hughes, BJ Penn,Thiago Alves, Jakle Shields, Diego Sanchez, Josh Koscheck, Paulo Thiago, Dan Hardy, Matt Serra, Anthony Johnson, Carlos Condit, Martin Kampmann, Rory MacDonald, Nate Diaz, Chris Lytle, Mike Swick, Jake Ellenberger, John Hathaway, Dong Hyun Kim, Nate Marquardt, Mike Pierce, Mike Pyle, Amire Sadollah, Rick Story. (48 fighters under contract.)

LW - Franki Edgar, Gray Maynard, Sean Sherk, Spencer Fisher, Clay Guida, Melvin Guillard, Takanori Gomi, Sam Stout. (51 fighters under contract.)

FW - Jose Aldo, Mike Brown, Mark Hominick, Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson, Manny Gamburyan, Leonard, Garcia, Pablo Garza, Tyson Griffin, Nam Phan, Diego Numes. (31 fighters under contract.)

BW - Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber, Eddie Wineland, ?? (23 fighters under contract.)[/quote']

I always had it 1. LW 2. WW - By far.

Which weight division do you think is deeper? Please rank them with respect to their depth and quality. I realize that depth and quality might not be the same but try to balance them with what you' date=' individually, consider the best divisions.

HW - Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar, Junior De Santos, Shane Carwin, Frank Mir, Mirko Cro Cop, Pat Barry, Cheick Kongo, Matt Mitrione, Roy Nelson, Minotauro (Little Nog) Nogueira, Ben Rothwell, Brandan Schaub, Stefan Struve. (24 fighters under contract)

LHW - Jon Jones, Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rampage Jackson, Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, Stephan Bonner, Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, Ryan Bader, Big Nog, Phil Davis, Matt Hamill, Brandon Vera, Alexander Gustafsson, James TeHuna, Karlos Vemola, Vladimir Matyushenko. (35 fighters under contract.)

BW - Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber, Eddie Wineland, ?? (23 fighters under contract.)[/quote']

what u forgot torress at BW dude...what about brian bowles , scott jercanson (bad spelling) and urijahs training partner i cant remenber his name.....ur listing of names may sway ppl thoughs though....and to put tito on the names list is crazy he should only be up there as a stat only at this point in his career

I always had it 1. LW 2. WW - By far.

this^^^....but i think its really close

I guess I'd say and I'd like your criticism.

1. Lightweight

2. Welterweight

3. Light Heavyweight

4. Middleweight

5. Featherweight

6. Bantamweight

7. Heavyweight

This is all of MMA not UFC ' date=' you could switch MW and LHW or BW and FW personally it's close.[/quote']

1. Very much agree with your number 1. That division has the most well rounded fighters of them all.

2. I agree and disagree I'd have this division third because theres less well rounded fighters in this division and its dominated by 1 man where as LHW is the hardest belt to hold because it has IMO a higher quality of well rounded fighters.

3. Just move it up one spot and put WW here.

4. its a lackluster division of very few well rounded fighters. In this division you only need to be really good in one part of the game. I'd move it down and bring up FW.

5. move up 1 spot.

6.sure

7. cool

#1 LW

#2 LHW

#3 WW

#4 FW

#5 MW

#6 BW

#7 HW

LHW = No champion can even hold the title. The top of the division keep trading wins with the exception of Jones. Too early to tell how dominating he will be.

LW = There is a long list of contenders for the title. Most of them have a great chance of winning. This division could be just like the LHW division. Too early to tell.

MW = With the exception of Anderson, the rest of the division keep trading wins with one another.

FW = With Kenny Florian recently added to the FW roster, there is plenty of high level challenges for the title.

HW = Title has exchanged hands quite a bit and there is plenty of potential matches. The fighters on top seem to exchange wins over each other. This division is constantly changing, so it is difficult to rank.

WW = Most overhyped weight class. Constant rematches with a few guys and very few other fighters able to step up to the plate. many will disagree with this but please show me why this class is so deep.

BW = Not enough top level fighters in this weight class.

I guess I'd say and I'd like your criticism.

1. Lightweight

2. Welterweight

3. Light Heavyweight

4. Middleweight

5. Featherweight

6. Bantamweight

7. Heavyweight

This is all of MMA not UFC ' date=' you could switch MW and LHW or BW and FW personally it's close.[/quote']

ding ding ding!

1. Lightweight - I mean, how many potential title fights can you think of?!

2. Welterweight - Lots of high end talent, but its depth is in its B ranked fighters

3. Light Heavyweight - Probably as high as talent as WW, but not as deep with B ranked

4. Middleweight - The once goat of the divisions has many matchups id love.

5. Featherweight - fresh face, plenty of skill, but almost too fresh to be well known enough.

6. Bantamweight - same comments as FW but without Aldo.

7. Heavyweight - Once SF HWs merge, this will shoot up a bit. but its just too hard to get fighters this large.

what u forgot torress at BW dude...what about brian bowles ' date=' scott jercanson (bad spelling) and urijahs training partner i cant remenber his name.....ur listing of names may sway ppl thoughs though....and to put tito on the names list is crazy he should only be up there as a stat only at this point in his career[/quote']

Did my best to fix your concerns.

I am not trying to sway people. I wish this forum would stop whining about others opinions and simply state their own.

But that is too grown up.

I don't see how you could have Swick in-front of Ellenberger..

If you are referring to my first post, they are in no way attempted to be ranked in order.

I just looked up the fighters, and listed them off my memory of the best known.

If I had tried to rank them in order, trust me, they would have been in a very different order.

I merely listed them based on my crude name recognition. Some of them I barely know at all.

It's looking as if a loose consensus is developing. It appears that LW is taking this little poll.

I have a hard time understanding that, but no matter. I am not posting to debate as much to learn others beliefs.

I am of the personal conviction that the 2 deepest classes, by far, are the WWs and LHWs. But that is a personal belief only.

The LW division has recently had some defections in Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson, Tyson Griffin, and last year in Diego Sanchez, BJ Penn and Nate Diaz.

I am very glad that Sanchez, Penn and Diaz moved up. But I am less enthused that Florian, Stevenson and Griffin moved down. Stevenson will be one massive FW. I wonder if he will have a tough time making weight.

But I thank those who listed their opinions without knocking those of other members.

It's looking as if a loose consensus is developing. It appears that LW is taking this little poll.

I have a hard time understanding that' date=' but no matter. I am not posting to debate as much to learn others beliefs.

I am of the person conviction that the 2 deepest classes, by far, are the WWs and LHWs. But that is a personal belief only.

The LW division has recently had some defections in Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson, Tyson Griffin, and last year in Diego Sanchez, BJ Penn and Nate Diaz.

I am very glad that Sanchez, Penn and Diaz moved up. But I am less enthused that Florian, Stevenson and Griffin moved down. Stevenson will be one massive FW. I wonder if he will have a tough time making weight.

But I think those who listed their opinions without knocking those of other members.[/quote']

They left for a pretty good reason and that its going to take alot more to get to the title then it has in the past now that the WEC LW's have came over. Look at Jim Miller hes still in line behind Maynard,Pettis, and possibly Guida.

I have a hard time understanding that' date=' but no matter. I am not posting to debate as much to learn others beliefs.

I am of the personal conviction that the 2 deepest classes, by far, are the WWs and LHWs. But that is a personal belief only.

But I thank those who listed their opinions without knocking those of other members.[/quote']

I think you incorrect on your assessment of the WW class. The reason why there is constant rematches is because a few fighters are dominating the weight class. This dos not show depth in my opinion. When fighters are trading wins over one another on a constant basis, this shows that it is highly competitive. The fighters that have switched to fight at WW fromlight weight have had extraordinary success. BJ Penn, who came in at the fight at a couple of pounds over 170, competed at WW fought and largely outwrestled Jon Fitch (who has dominated the WW class and is rumored to come into a fight at 190lbs.).