I can't believe you guys are that stupid.

DKF

Evans twists a couple stories to make Jones sound like a bad guy, and then I'm seeing threads like, "What is the reason Jon Jones faked a hand injury."

He didn't fake **** you misinformed idiots.

Why would he be scared to fight Rashad, there is a reason Greg chose Bones over Rashad.

Rashad has been trying to get into Bones head, with all these twitter posts, and altercations; But you notice something Jones isn't releasing any statements. He isn't playing Rashad's punkass game. Rashad is putting more spin on his statements than Fox News. He is painting the portrait that Jones is a big punk, and not only that, but he is making Rashad look like a punk. (To you people stupid enough to not notice Rashad is the only one being a punk.)

Man some of you guys would believe anything.

Edit: As far as the hand surgery goes; 2 doctors recommended the surgery be done. The third doctor said it wasn't completely necessary. So Jones decided against having surgery, but Evans already had the Davis fight set up.

EDITv2: Of course this doesn't apply to all forum members, or just this one situation. Also, I didn't make this thread to say Bones is going to beat Evans, yada yada yada. I made this thread just to point out you guys were buying a load of crap from Rashad Evans.

Rashad will hug Jones all the way to a UD

Jones is way better with throws and is 6" taller than Jones. That means a lot more leverage, allowing Jones to easily throw Rashad, when Rashad gets tagged and tries to clinch.

Jones is way better with throws and is 6" taller than Jones. That means a lot more leverage' date=' allowing Jones to easily throw Rashad, when Rashad gets tagged and tries to clinch.[/quote']

Rashad has better striking and wrestling he wont need to clinch

This drama between Rashad and JBJ sounds like some drama bull$hit out of WWE

Both are horrible

Machida needs to KTFO both of them

Rampage would own Jones (yeah i said it)

The bolded part.

I genuinely take no notice in pre-fight build up anymore, I'm sick of fighters inventing an argument to hype up their fights and quite frankily trash talk bores seven shades of **** out of me. Mainly because people like Chael Sonnen and Josh Koscheck makes lots of ridiculous claims that most sensible people know aren't true. I just watch the fight its the only part i care about

Rashad has better striking and wrestling he wont need to clinch

Troll.

You're getting wrestling and clinching against the cage confused. Not even going to bother the striking LOL, JBJ outstruck Shogun.

Besides the thread isn't even about Bones vs Rashad' date=' that is just an example of how MOST of you guys will buy a load of ****.[/quote']

It's really accurate. Honestly, another thing that's surprising to me is that everyone has gotten so caught up with this BS drama they haven't questioned why Evans took the Davis fight. Here's a guy who declined to fight from June-March because he had a title shot lined up and he didn't want to give it up. Then he gets hurt, pulls out and now when the champion gets hurt he suddenly takes a fight with literally no upside in it. Evans has everything to lose at 133. He's fighting someone lower in the rankings with a much lesser name than himself and literally all winning does is keep him "in the mix" at 205 - best case keep him as the No. 1 contender which is technically already is. Just seems weird he passed up several other fights only to take this one later down the road.

It's really accurate. Honestly' date=' another thing that's surprising to me is that everyone has gotten so caught up with this BS drama they haven't questioned why Evans took the Davis fight. Here's a guy who declined to fight from June-March because he had a title shot lined up and he didn't want to give it up. Then he gets hurt, pulls out and now when the champion gets hurt he suddenly takes a fight with literally no upside in it. Evans has everything to lose at 133. He's fighting someone lower in the rankings with a much lesser name than himself and literally all winning does is keep him "in the mix" at 205 - best case keep him as the No. 1 contender which is technically already is. Just seems weird he passed up several other fights only to take this one later down the road.[/quote']

Not to mention it is a fight he could easily lose, especially considering ring rust and how unfocused he is on Davis. A guy who I would say easily has better grappling.

It's really accurate. Honestly' date=' another thing that's surprising to me is that everyone has gotten so caught up with this BS drama they haven't questioned why Evans took the Davis fight. Here's a guy who declined to fight from June-March because he had a title shot lined up and he didn't want to give it up. Then he gets hurt, pulls out and now when the champion gets hurt he suddenly takes a fight with literally no upside in it. Evans has everything to lose at 133. He's fighting someone lower in the rankings with a much lesser name than himself and literally all winning does is keep him "in the mix" at 205 - best case keep him as the No. 1 contender which is technically already is. Just seems weird he passed up several other fights only to take this one later down the road.[/quote']

The paycheck is the upside. Been a while since Evans has seen one.At this point it's probably all the upside he needs, that and keeping his face in the fight fans eyes.

The paycheck is the upside. Been a while since Evans has seen one.At this point it's probably all the upside he needs' date=' that and keeping his face in the fight fans eyes.[/quote']

But you can't forget that he, at least allegedly, turned down fights against biggest opponents - Machida, Rampage - which would have been bigger paychecks than freaking Phil Davis. And like DKF said, Davis can very easily beat Evans. I don't think Evans will be able to take Davis down and Evans has been quite hesitant to strike after feeling the wrath of the Dragon.

i don't like Rashad... he shouldn't have waited for Shogun,... he has a lousy attitude, but I do think Bones screwed him over. I would be pissed if somebody who got a titleshot because of me, later screwd my titleshot due to a surgery that never happened.

But you can't forget that he' date=' at least allegedly, turned down fights against biggest opponents - Machida, Rampage - which would have been bigger paychecks than freaking Phil Davis. And like DKF said, Davis can very easily beat Evans. I don't think Evans will be able to take Davis down and Evans has been quite hesitant to strike after feeling the wrath of the Dragon.[/quote']

Yeah, as others have mentioned. It is a complete lose/lose fight for Evans.

If he loses to Davis, he just got beat by somebody very new to the sport still, and it drops him out of the top 5.

If he beats Davis, he doesn't gain anything, because Davis is new, and still low ranked. He still has a lot of learning to do.

There's something fishy about Jones. I used to be a fan but he's really weird. He's shown signs of being fake. But if he is superman on camera and with the media, then a different man off camera, then I praise him. It shows that he cares about MMA and represents it in a good way, even if it isn't who he really is. I honestly don't know what to believe

It's just really weird though. Like Jones need to say something. Have a press conference get to the mic and say "Rashad is full of ********" or something then walk off. This whole quiet thing is sketchy. Raises some superstition to Jones. Like maybe Evans is telling the truth. I just posted another artice about Rashad and Jones. It's weird. Grade A Sketch.

I never liked Jones from the get-go but I will give credit to where credit is due. Rashad is so gonna get it from Jones! My prediction about his fight with Rua was right (although I was rooting for Shogun to win) and the same goes for this fight with Rashad. My best bet against Jones is Davis (hopefully).

I never liked Jones from the get-go but I will give credit to where credit is due. Rashad is so gonna get it from Jones! My prediction about his fight with Rua was right (although I was rooting for Shogun to win) and the same goes for this fight with Rashad. My best bet against Jones is Davis (hopefully).

I'm thinking Machida...

Jones already explained his reasoning for not having the surgery. The doctor who was to perform it mentioned that putting a couple pins in his hand and filing the bones down would limit his use of that hand afterwards. If you are a regular guy, this isn't really a problem. But for a professional athlete, it would be. Therefore he declined the surgery. But I agree, the timing was awful and Rashad is probably justified in feeling a little screwed.

Why did Rashad take the Phil Davis fight? Because he's already been out for a year. By the time 133 hits, it'll be almost 15 months since his last fight. I didn't agree with his decision to pass on the Lil Nog fight last year and am glad to see him man up and take a fight this time. If you are going to be champ, you are going to have to beat all the top guys anyway. Sitting around getting rusty and losing your media spotlight doesn't do much for your career.