is the talent fading on the ultimate figher??

Trond

hello everyone, am new here but been reading the forum for a while, av just been catching up on the new episodes of the ultimate fighter(a hate that len by the way) and cant help thinking that in the more recent seasons that theres not been much talent/or memorable talent. a mean off the top of me head theres only roy nelson(out of the recent winners) thats actually gone on to do something n have some good fights in the ufc, apart from that its the early seasons thats produced the most notable fighters, e.g. forrest, sanchez, rashad, bisping....... Anyway my question is do you think the ultimate fighter will ever produce a fighter that could be a dominant champ in the ufc?? think theres only been rashad n serra who have actually had a belt n they neva kept it long.

opinions on the matter would be appreciated :-)

hello everyone' date=' am new here but been reading the forum for a while, av just been catching up on the new episodes of the ultimate fighter(a hate that len by the way) and cant help thinking that in the more recent seasons that theres not been much talent/or memorable talent. a mean off the top of me head theres only roy nelson(out of the recent winners) thats actually gone on to do something n have some good fights in the ufc, apart from that its the early seasons thats produced the most notable fighters, e.g. forrest, sanchez, rashad, bisping....... Anyway my question is do you think the ultimate fighter will ever produce a fighter that could be a dominant champ in the ufc?? think theres only been rashad n serra who have actually had a belt n they neva kept it long.

opinions on the matter would be appreciated :-)[/quote']

this season sucked bunch of scrubs

The problem is it's too big now. If anyone is real good like the guys from the first 2 season were they are already in some promotion like Belator, Strikeforce ect. As long as they do LW-MW they will never get another insanley talented fighter from the show. If they do BW, FW, LHW, or HW they could still pick up a few gems I think.

well,TUF 13 really didnt show much talent,the winner will be happy if he will still be in UFC after 5 fights,i mean,there are some gatekeepers and the others are really just a minor organization fighters....

but i expect TUF 14 to have a looooot of talents because it's the first time for BW's and FW's so there can be some guys from DREAM,Sengoku etc....

The problem with TUF, is that it has become a full blown marketing tool. It seems that the UFC is looking for guys that will appeal to the masses more than guys that want it bad.

Look at Javier. Let's face it, the only reason that dude is on the show is that he is mexican. I don't say that because I dislike mexicans or anything, but anyone can see he does not have the drive to fight. They even gave him a wild card spot, and he did nothing with it. It's pathetic.

They should go back to the basics. Find guys that might be raw, or have less experience or lesser records, but that have the drive and the burning desire to just have a chance to fight in the UFC and put them in there. No more Gabe Ruedigers.

One of the guys I liked the most was Corey Hill. That dude didn't know **** about MMA, but he wanted it, and he wanted it BAD. He trained his *** off, it was nice to see that kind of guy evolve.

You put guys who have the pashion in there, and you will get a great season no matter what. You put talent with no heart, you get lame fights and lame training sessions.

I think they also need to broaden the show by going international.

Yeah, sure, there've been some Brits, they have a German guy this show, but it's time to move the tryouts and filming to a country outside the US to find talent that doesn't have the means or money to trek to Vegas. Do a season of TUF in Rio, Churitiba, London, Berlin. Time to try a broader talent pool.

And I wouldn't say all the recent seasons lacked talent. 12 seemed to have a few good fighters. Hell, McKenzie is getting a chance in the UFC just on how wicked his guillotine is. Doubt he'll become a contender, but perhaps a gatekeeper.