Dude what a joke.

T_R_E_O_S

After re-watching GSP vs Shields, Jake didn't do anything to win a single round! I have no idea how GSP lost a round, Jake had zero takedowns and his stand up was ineffective. Gsp should have taken home every single round! Who cares if Shields did more cosmetic damage? I can't honestly give Shields a round, I know this is old at this point and I know plenty of people dislike GSP. Hell even I do because he has so much natural talent and still wont fight to finish, but thats not the point. I knew he would win going in and he did, once again showing that he is just a level above the talent he has fought. But for everyone to down him so hard over that fight is stupid, sure he could have done better, but pretty much every fight there has ever been both fighters could have done better.

yeah Gerald Harris got cut apparently for not trying to finish his fight against Falcao when he was obviously losing' date=' so by that logic, shouldn't Shields be cut?[/quote']

I like Gerald Harris, but there was a huge difference. Gerald Harris literally just stared at his opponent while he was down two rounds and only had one left to try and win. You can say that Jake Shields wasn't effective with what he did, but you can't take away the fact that he at least tried. By round four he was rushing out of the gate to come at GSP, he even taunted him here and there to try goading GSP into a brawl(where Jake would still likely have a disadvantage, but he still went for it).

Shields came up short against a simply better opponent, but he did try.

After re-watching GSP vs Shields' date=' Jake didn't do anything to win a single round! I have no idea how GSP lost a round, Jake had zero takedowns[b'] and his stand up was ineffective[/b]. Gsp should have taken home every single round! Who cares if Shields did more cosmetic damage? I can't honestly give Shields a round, I know this is old at this point and I know plenty of people dislike GSP. Hell even I do because he has so much natural talent and still wont fight to finish, but thats not the point. I knew he would win going in and he did, once again showing that he is just a level above the talent he has fought. But for everyone to down him so hard over that fight is stupid, sure he could have done better, but pretty much every fight there has ever been both fighters could have done better.

Who ended up in the hospital?

It's true, god GSP sucks, he couldn't finish a guy who has only been finished once before, in his third fight. I mean Shields only had a 15 fight win streak and GSP can only win all 5 rounds? (2 of the judges are on crack Shields did not win 2 rounds).

Who ended up in the hospital?

Who cares? You can fight a whole five round fight completely outclassing another guy and get hit one good time at the end of the fifth! You still win the fight and end up having to go to the hospital, that doesn't mean your stand up was effective. Not to mention one of the most blatant looking eye pokes I have ever witnessed from Shields. And having to go to the hospital because your eye is a little damaged doesn't mean anything, Shields didn't do to GSP what GSP did to Koscheck. Hell it's not like he gave GSP a concussion.

Who cares? You can fight a whole five round fight completely outclassing another guy and get hit one good time at the end of the fifth! You still win the fight and end up having to go to the hospital' date=' that doesn't mean your stand up was effective. Not to mention one of the most blatant looking eye pokes I have ever witnessed from Shields. And having to go to the hospital because your eye is a little damaged doesn't mean anything, Shields didn't do to GSP what GSP did to Koscheck. Hell it's not like he gave GSP a concussion.[/quote']

Get a grip on reality. The reason why he won two rounds is evident in the numbers. Shields landed 96 compared to GSP's 92 strikes landed. This means that Shields outstruck GSP. Try watching the fight again without GSP love in your heart and you might see the truth.

Oh well' date=' the fight was incredibly boring anyways. Yet another fight without a finish by a guy that is supposedly that much better than his opponents.[/quote']

He obviously is better when he can win and not even try lol. You can't forget to mention Shields' awesome wrestling ability and take downs or his sick BJJ. IMO this fight ruined that card, it woulda been way better with a different headliner. That being said all you people whining because GSP isn't more aggressive and GSP doesn't try to finish the fight, come on shouldn't the challenger try to do do anything and everything in his power to win instead of taunting a champion because he can't do anything? Thats idiotic IMO, the champ has nothing to prove he is the champ, and the challenger has everything to prove. On the other note GSP does need to get his head out of his @$% and atleast try.

Get a grip on reality. The reason why he won two rounds is evident in the numbers. Shields landed 96 compared to GSP's 92 strikes landed. This means that Shields outstruck GSP. Try watching the fight again without GSP love in your heart and you might see the truth.

Sure i'm a fan of GSP but i'm not a ****, and o no 4 more strikes? How terrifyingly dominant is that? So your saying a can win a round against anybody by throwing at least one more strike than them? Even if they aren't significant? Holy mother of god I think I might be able to outstrike the majority of the fighters.

Sure i'm a fan of GSP but i'm not a ****' date=' and o no 4 more strikes? How terrifyingly dominant is that? So your saying a can win a round against anybody by throwing at least one more strike than them? Even if they aren't significant? Holy mother of god I think I might be able to outstrike the majority of the fighters.[/quote']

When you write posts like this it makes you look like a fanboy. Don't get bitter because you say you can't see how Shields won two rounds when he obviously landed more strikes than GSP. I watched the fight impartially and thought Shields took those last two rounds. Regardless, neither fighter should be given any props for such a horribe display of fighting.

No neither should be given props for their performance, and how does it make me look like a ****? I watched the fight with no bias cause I don't really care about the outcomes anymore, but I don't see how he took a single round. And 4 strikes more then someone doesn't say anything especially if the strikes are not significant!

No neither should be given props for their performance' date=' and how does it make me look like a ****? I watched the fight with no bias cause I don't really care about the outcomes anymore, but I don't see how he took a single round. And 4 strikes more then someone doesn't say anything especially if the strikes are not significant![/quote']

He lost the last two rounds, he was outstruck, and was sent to the hospital (strikes were significant enough). The topic of the thread is "Dude what a joke". This pretty much sums up your perspective and why I and others might think your a little bias.

He lost the last two rounds' date=' he was outstruck, and was sent to the hospital (strikes were significant enough). The topic of the thread is "Dude what a joke". This pretty much sums up your perspective and why I and others might think your a little bias.[/quote']

but don't act like you don't have any bias yourself either...

In what way have I been bias on my post. I have used facts to support all my posts. I use these facts to derive my opinion' date=' not from predetermined prejudices.[/quote']

Then if you wouldn't mind, could you explain why Shields won the last 2 rounds? And everyone has a bias in fighting. I'm extremely biased against the Diaz brothers and some other fighters and extremely biased for fighters like Forrest Griffin!

Then if you wouldn't mind' date=' could you explain why Shields won the last 2 rounds? And everyone has a bias in fighting. I'm extremely biased against the Diaz brothers and some other fighters and extremely biased for fighters like Forrest Griffin![/quote']

I only have prejudice against fighters that cheat. So any fighter that has used steroids or have done other things of an unsavory nature are scum. Rounds 4 and 5 Shields outstruck GSP and hence Shields won those rounds. I can't remember if GSP scored a takedown in round 4. However, the take downs should not have been scored throughout the fight because the takedowns were not followed up by any strikes or submission attempts.

I only have prejudice against fighters that cheat. So any fighter that has used steroids or have done other things of an unsavory nature are scum. Rounds 4 and 5 Shields outstruck GSP and hence Shields won those rounds. I can't remember if GSP scored a takedown in round 4. However' date=' the take downs should not have been scored throughout the fight because the takedowns were not followed up by any strikes or submission attempts.[/quote']

Given how much crying you've done over GSP "cheating" in the 2nd BJ Penn fight, this obviously means you were viewing this fight with an anti-GSP bias. Stop acting like this is just your impartial opinion of the fight. You've made your feelings for GSP very clear around here.

yeah Gerald Harris got cut apparently for not trying to finish his fight against Falcao when he was obviously losing' date=' so by that logic, shouldn't Shields be cut?[/quote']

One of the worst decisions the UFC ever made, Geralds a finisher, he gets rocked early and doesnt ever really recover but since he has one boring fight cut him?

but Jon Fitch only has boring decisions so Dana wont cut him for it ? doesnt make any sense to me

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/05/st-pierre-vs-shields-official-ufc.html

in the fourth round, FightMetric had the striking dead even for both fighters, with Shields getting only one extra strike in "significant strikes" over GSP... the thing about that though is that GSP had more strikes to the head, both power and jab, and GSP with a takedown in that round on top of that, plus the head kick that rocked Shields (at least I think it was that round...)

so how Shields got the fourth round is beyond me...

In what way have I been bias on my post. I have used facts to support all my posts. I use these facts to derive my opinion' date=' not from predetermined prejudices.[/quote']

I don't really see you using "facts" at all... all I really see are you justifying your hate for a fighter over an incident that happened a long time ago and calling anyone that might disagree with you a "fanboy"... at least these "fanboys" are putting their time and energy into someone they enjoy watching fight rather than someone they hate... maybe you should put your focus into talking up fighters you like rather than those you hate...

He sent GSP the "dee hozpitel" and outstruck him for 2 rounds. That's why he won 2 rounds.

GSP went to "dee hozpitel" because Shields practically CLAWED his eyeball out!! Everyone that hates on GSP seems to gloss over this fact..the only reason he said anything about the hospital is because shields scratched his eyeball with a ridiculous eye poke that made him blind in that eye. Would you go to the hospital if you couldn't see out of one of your eyes? Ever heard of Alan Belcher? Do you happen to know why he hasn't been fighting..I would be freaking out after a fight if I couldn't see because of an eye poke...that's career ending stuff right there! He landed like one maybe two solid right crosses that caught GSP square in the face..marked his nose up a bit..but some of the swelling around his eye(s) is from getting wolverined by Shields. GSP couldn't see out of his left eye after round (3) I think, you can clearly hear him say that to his corner, and yet Shields didn't even have the courage to throw a right hook, or overhand right as Chuck was screaming out to him. Shields gave up. He's a great fighter but he didn't even try to win in the end.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/05/st-pierre-vs-shields-official-ufc.html

in the fourth round' date=' [b']FightMetric had the striking dead even for both fighters, with Shields getting only one extra strike in "significant strikes" over GSP...[/b] the thing about that though is that GSP had more strikes to the head, both power and jab, and GSP with a takedown in that round on top of that, plus the head kick that rocked Shields (at least I think it was that round...)

so how Shields got the fourth round is beyond me...

This would be the reason why he won round four. The takedown is only suppose to score when it is followed up with submission attempts or strikes. Neither of those things happened.

I don't really see you using "facts" at all... all I really see are you justifying your hate for a fighter over an incident that happened a long time ago and calling anyone that might disagree with you a "fanboy"... at least these "fanboys" are putting their time and energy into someone they enjoy watching fight rather than someone they hate... maybe you should put your focus into talking up fighters you like rather than those you hate...

How did I express hate? All I said was that GSP lost round four and five and the judges agreed with me (fact). The fightmetric also agrees with my assertion ( fact). The facts are GSP was outscored round four and five by judges and fightmetrics. You are just trying to judge me about other things not related to the topic at hand. Address those on the thread it belongs to. Fanboys are people that derive ridiculous assessments because they can no longer look at a fighter impartially. Like an assertion that the judges are wrong judging a fight or saying that finishing fights aren't important because GSP doesn't do it anymore. Sound familiar?

Who cares? You can fight a whole five round fight completely outclassing another guy and get hit one good time at the end of the fifth! You still win the fight and end up having to go to the hospital' date=' that doesn't mean your stand up was effective. Not to mention one of the most blatant looking eye pokes I have ever witnessed from Shields. And having to go to the hospital because your eye is a little damaged doesn't mean anything, Shields didn't do to GSP what GSP did to Koscheck. Hell it's not like he gave GSP a concussion.[/quote']

GSP won on points.

Big deal.

This is MMA , not boxing.

Given how much crying you've done over GSP "cheating" in the 2nd BJ Penn fight' date=' this obviously means you were viewing this fight with an anti-GSP bias. Stop acting like this is just your impartial opinion of the fight. You've made your feelings for GSP very clear around here.[/quote']

The facts match up with my assertion. You can frame it how you like but the stats don't lie. GSP cheated in the BJ fight, so yes I have a problem with that. However, I try to judge him impartially despit what you think. Here are facts that support my claim of impartiality.

My Posts:

My post made two days ago referencing who I would want to fight like:

Striking = Anderson Silva

BJJ = Charles Oliviera

Pure wrestling = Matt Hughes

MMA wrestling = GSP

Here is a couple of more of my posts that show my impartiality when talking about GSP on this forum.

However, he does have 15 straight wins. That's not too bad. I just think GSP is a bad style matchup for him.

'Diaz's strikes are too circular, like Koscheck. I think GSP would probably throw a five round jab fest again.

I think GSP is the most complete MMA fighter in the UFC.

The fight was boring. I have to say it was because Shields didn't do much, but Georges could have done more himself.

Georges really needs his hunger back. I won't blame it on Serra because Georges was fine in his rematch with Serra, even finishing him. I think Georges is too hung up on his legacy -- he obviously wants to get the most title defenses at welterweight -- but that won't help his legacy if he's boring.