When is UFC going to sign Hector Lombard?

Chute_Boxe_101

If I remember correctly Lombard has had a few scrapes with the law. which has made it hard for him to get licensed in the big states like Nevada.. I think this is the main reason he hasnt been signed by the ufc just yet.

Hopefully soon' date=' it's a similar situation to Eddie Alvarez, they're dominating guys that they fight, but they aren't really fighting any top guys by any means[/quote']

This. I like Hector Lombard and would like to see him in the UFC but every time he's fought someone relevant, he's lost.

This. I like Hector Lombard and would like to see him in the UFC but every time he's fought someone relevant' date=' he's lost.[/quote']

I understand he's not fighting top end opponents, but he's 21-0-1 in the last 4.5 years. With some vicious finishes in that span, 12 in the first round. He's got wicked judo and ko power and is extremely explosive. I'd love to see him in the ufc soon as he's 32 already.

I understand he's not fighting top end opponents' date=' but he's 21-0-1 in the last 4.5 years. With some vicious finishes in that span, 12 in the first round. He's got wicked judo and ko power and is extremely explosive. I'd love to see him in the ufc soon as he's 32 already.[/quote']

I completely agree. I'd love to see him in the UFC and there's no doubt that he's incredibly talented. It's just that every so often you see a post around here saying Hector Lombard would wreck the UFC MW division and that's something I personally disagree with.

I completely agree. I'd love to see him in the UFC and there's no doubt that he's incredibly talented. It's just that every so often you see a post around here saying Hector Lombard would wreck the UFC MW division and that's something I personally disagree with.

Your right, he wouldn't wreck them. He's pretty short at 5'9 for the middleweight division, giving up 4+ inches to Okami, Sonnen and Silva. But I'd love to see a guy with a legit ground game and throws and explosive power added to that division. I'd personally like to see him fight Palhares.

doesnt he have a champion clause in his Bellator contract?

something about he is not allowed to leave Bellator until he loses his title or something along that lines

love to see him do some damage in the UFC/Strikeforce tho

I think you might be right about the championship clause. Same as Alvarez.

doesnt he have a champion clause in his Bellator contract?

something about he is not allowed to leave Bellator until he loses his title or something along that lines

love to see him do some damage in the UFC/Strikeforce tho

I think all the Bellator champs have champion clauses in their contracts.