LW Division Discussion Thread

StephenColbert

So, the LW division is without a doubt the most highly-contested division in the UFC. It also has the most depth...by far. Especially adding the WEC's LW division...

...so I made this thread to discuss up-and-comers, sleepers, dark-horses, hype trains, you know...all that good stuff.

Here's a few guys that I'm curious to hear you guys' opinions about:

Nik Lentz- A good wrestler who's on an 11 fight winning streak... Not the most exciting fighter, don't get me wrong, but he gets the job done..

next opponent: Charles Oliviera

Jim Miller- The guy just doesn't lose...unless it's to the champ, or the #1 contender in the division. He's getting better & better every fight & is probably just one fight away from a title shot.

next opponent: Ben Henderson

Clay Guida- Does he get a title shot with a dominant performance over Pettis? or, will he even beat Pettis? & if he doesn't get the title shot, who should he fight next? & with a win, where does he stand in the division?

next opponent: Anthony Pettis

So' date=' the LW division is without a doubt the most highly-contested division in the UFC. It also has the most depth...by far. Especially adding the WEC's LW division...

...so I made this thread to discuss up-and-comers, sleepers, dark-horses, hype trains, you know...all that good stuff.

Here's a few guys that I'm curious to hear you guys' opinions about:

Nik Lentz- A good wrestler who's on an 11 fight winning streak... Not the most exciting fighter, don't get me wrong, but he gets the job done..

next opponent: Charles Oliviera

[b']Jim Miller- The guy just doesn't lose...unless it's to the champ, or the #1 contender in the division. He's getting better & better every fight & is probably just one fight away from a title shot.

next opponent: Ben Henderson[/b]

Clay Guida- Does he get a title shot with a dominant performance over Pettis? or, will he even beat Pettis? & if he doesn't get the title shot, who should he fight next? & with a win, where does he stand in the division?

next opponent: Anthony Pettis

I've got Bendo beating Miller.

Also look for the rise of young lions too

Edson Barboza

John Makdessi

Charles Oliveira

and of course

Anthony Pettis

really? how do you see him winning?

the only way i could see it happening is if Henderson sticks & moves...that's only way.

Though he's one of my favorites (Kamal Shalorus) Kamal's striking sucks nuts. Kamal chose to stand and bang with Miller, Kamal was holding his own until he gassed.

Now bendo has 3 times the better striking than Kamal and better striking than Miller. Plus bendo doesn't gas out.

Only way Miller can win is to take it to the ground and submitting Bendo, which is next to impossible to do.

That's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it, just throwing it out there.

There is way too many potential contenders in at LW to even try to predict the future. With the WEC and SF merge, Gilbert Melendez and Pettis are the future imo.

Once Frankie loses his belt to Maynard or Pettis, he's going to featherweight.

I think we may see Pettis/Maynard vs Melendez next year.

Guys like Miller, Hendersen, Guida, Guillard will have to wait!

Though he's one of my favorites (Kamal Shalorus) Kamal's striking sucks nuts. Kamal chose to stand and bang with Miller' date=' Kamal was holding his own until he gassed.

Now bendo has 3 times the better striking than Kamal and better striking than Miller. Plus bendo doesn't gas out.

Only way Miller can win is to take it to the ground and submitting Bendo, which is next to impossible to do.

That's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it, just throwing it out there.[/quote']

In this case, I bet you'll be jealous to know that I just was at a Kamal Shalrous seminar yesterday. He was teaching greco roman wrestling & how to implement it best into MMA.

I really hate to be like this, buuuuuuuuut......

Besides Maynard and Edgar, I see no other threats to the title, though it is a very excellent division...

Whoever wins Edgar vs. Maynard III will make BJ Penn's reign look like nothing.