Hector Lombard in UFC

Carlito_Brigante

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/834450-hector-lombard-on-anderson-silva-i-would-go-in-there-to-take-his-head-off

Albeit his 24 fight win streak, with aIl due respect, I don't think he deserves an instant crack at Anderson's title. It's hard to say he fought legit competition in that streak. Gegard is legit, just sayin.

I would like to see him fight Belfort on his debut. If he wins in devastating fashion, he can get the title shot.

have him fight winner of bisping mayhem' date=' or winner of munoz leben.

No need to risk ending both vitor and hector's title chances as they both are more likely to earn a shot then any of the four fighters i listed. IMO[/quote']

That would be the step that UFC would take. It's the right business move.

But as a fan, Belfort vs Lombard interests me. As they both have the hand speed and power.

As I've said' date=' he hasn't fought legit competition. But it's hard to overlook this guy's skill set.[/quote']

He is good but his fans are hyping him like crazy saying he would destroy Anderson Silva etc...

He better sign with the UFC soon because he is no young lion.

Well if he means going in and standing I don't think he would last a round the only person imo that ever stood a chance standing was Vitor Belfort and since he got destroyed by a early front kick!

The only person who could ever beat Anderson Standing would be Vitor nobody else just to make my point clear Hector would go in and get planted down facce flat on the canvas in less than a few minutes his only chance would be wrestling! And I still don't see that happening

If Melvin Manhoef had a cast iron chin he might could stand with Anderson. Lombard would get ****ing killed. He hits hard and is a great judoka but he's not beating Anderson.

Bottom line is Hector Lombard is a ****ing baby. He's seriously like a child. He spars entirely too hard and gets heated when things aren't going his way. I can't even remember who it was but very recently a UFC LIGHTWEIGHT caught him with something while rolling and Hector got up and punched him in the face.

Josh Barnett had to make this clown his ***** because he spars entirely too hard. Hector won't even train at the same gym anymore after Barnett pinned him with ease followed by beating his *** in a 5 minute boxing round that turned into a 32 minute fight with Erik Paulson following them around with a mop to clean up the blood.

Hector Lombard is a ****** person and several middleweights inside and outside of the UFC would **** him up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/834450-hector-lombard-on-anderson-silva-i-would-go-in-there-to-take-his-head-off

Albeit his 24 fight win streak' date=' with aIl due respect, I don't think he deserves an instant crack at Anderson's title. It's hard to say he fought legit competition in that streak. Gegard is legit, just sayin.

I would like to see him fight Belfort on his debut. If he wins in devastating fashion, he can get the title shot.[/quote']

An instant title shot could happen because there isn't many people left in the 185 class that Silva hasn't beaten.

Im glad that they picke him up. Im interested to see how he fairs in the UFC. He doesnt deserve to get an automatic title shot but he shoud be put up against stiff competition right away. I could see his aggressive style getting him wins against middle range guys pretty quick, but if he faced a good counter striker he would be in trouble.

He could face the winner of bisping vs miller or the loser of Stann vs Sonnen. Or give him Belfort...but I think putting him up against a striker and BJJ guy as good as Belfort right away would be a tough UFC debut. Maybe even him vs Palhares would be a good match-up.

An instant title shot could happen because there isn't many people left in the 185 class that Silva hasn't beaten.

This is true but I think it depends when he makes his debut because Silvas next opponent is already set(winner of Stann vs Sonnen). So if the UFC wanted that for him and he would actually take on Silva as his 1st opponent then hed have to wait until at least late Feb. of 2012.

Well if he means going in and standing I don't think he would last a round the only person imo that ever stood a chance standing was Vitor Belfort and since he got destroyed by a early front kick!

The only person who could ever beat Anderson Standing would be Vitor nobody else just to make my point clear Hector would go in and get planted down facce flat on the canvas in less than a few minutes his only chance would be wrestling! And I still don't see that happening

versus AS, it would go down like this: AS would jab in and out , then jab, right cross, left hook. AS defeats Lombard by KO at 1 min. 13secs.:D

Really? This mother****er beat Jesse Taylor and he's so sure he would beat Silva. He may be a viable threat to the top 10, maybe 5, in the UFC. But, with Taylor, Doerksen, Starnes and Ebersole being the only names he's beaten that are worth half a ****, I think he needs to shut the **** up.

I see the argument aginst an immediate shot but at the same time why not? Anderson gonna keep fighting the same guys over and over? The UFC very rarely has a prospect fight a 2 or 3 guy to earn a title shot if they did the only guys to ever fight GSP would be Fitch and Kosh because noone could get passed them. I think thats the right way to do things but the rest of you already cry the champs don't defend enough.

I see the argument aginst an immediate shot but at the same time why not? Anderson gonna keep fighting the same guys over and over? The UFC very rarely has a prospect fight a 2 or 3 guy to earn a title shot if they did the only guys to ever fight GSP would be Fitch and Kosh because noone could get passed them. I think thats the right way to do things but the rest of you already cry the champs don't defend enough.

Hector hasn't fought high level caliber MW's to even be considered to have a chance with

A. Silva. Plus, Hector is too short, too muscular and stubby, and his reach is too short as

well.

Silva would toy with him for a minute and a half at most then destroy him with his reach

advantage with jabs, hook-jabs, and then a couple hooks and KO the small judoka.

This fight is very predictable. With Silva's uber superior boxing skills, Hector will be taken

out. End of story in at most 2 minutes.

Hector hasn't fought high level caliber MW's to even be considered to have a chance with

A. Silva. Plus' date=' Hector is too short, too muscular and stubby, and his reach is too short as

well.

Silva would toy with him for a minute and a half at most then destroy him with his reach

advantage with jabs, hook-jabs, and then a couple hooks and KO the small judoka.

This fight is very predictable. With Silva's uber superior boxing skills, Hector will be taken

out. End of story in at most 2 minutes.[/quote']

I agree I don't think he could win. I also don't think Stann or Bisping or Mia or Chael Or Wand can win. Chael has the only shot so should he just fight Chael again and retire because he's to good for his comp? No there going to keep throwing guys at him. Heck Look at Travis Lutter he was a scrub but actually gave Anderson a run for his money.

I agree I don't think he could win. I also don't think Stann or Bisping or Mia or Chael Or Wand can win. Chael has the only shot so should he just fight Chael again and retire because he's to good for his comp? No there going to keep throwing guys at him. Heck Look at Travis Lutter he was a scrub but actually gave Anderson a run for his money.

I think that Jones vs Rashad will be great, but Rashad will get the shorter end of the stick but at the same time give Jones his first 5 round close decision fight, which I think might go to Jones. With that being said, I think Rashad will realize that his best bet for a run at a title will be to go for a run at the MW title.

I think by this time Rashad will have studied Anderson enough to not beat Anderson because Anderson is always evolving but to give Anderson a close fight as well but lose to Andy.

After Rashad, I don't see anybody out there good enough for Silva. So, Silva will either retire or move up to LHW; by this time JBJ will have moved up to HW. Then Silva will have other matchups that will be easy for him, and Andy will be the LHW kingpin and then retire because I doubt Andy will want to fight the HW's.