How will Strikeforce HWs fair in the UFC?

Tiberius

Alistair Overeem

Fedor Emelianenko

Fabricio Werdum

Josh Barnett

Sergei Kharitonov

Antonio Silva

Brett Rogers

Bobby Lashley

Andrei Arlovski

Shane Del Rosario

Mike Kyle

Levar "Big" Johnson

Daniel Cormier

Ray Sefo

Geronimo dos Santos

Jeff Monson

Ron Waterman

Daniel Puder

I think they will do very well, some awesome matchups I'd like to see...

Cain vs reem

Mir vs bigfoot

Carwin/junior vs kharitonov

Shcaub vs rogers

I just wish they would hurry up and join ranks, it's what the heavy weight division needs right now.

I really hope Fedor makes it to the top in the UFC. He is the greatest HW and fighter for that matter the sport has seen. I think the others will struggle. I think a lot of people are going to find out the difference between UFC form and form outside the UFC. I don't even think performance enhancing drugs will be enough to help Josh Barnett this time around.

I really hope Fedor makes it to the top in the UFC. He is the greatest HW and fighter for that matter the sport has seen. I think the others will struggle. I think a lot of people are going to find out the difference between UFC form and form outside the UFC. I don't even think performance enhancing drugs will be enough to help Josh Barnett this time around.

ufc hw top 10 imo:

1. Cain

2. JDS

3. Brock

4. Carwin

5. Mir

6. Nelson

7. Schaub

8. Mitrione

9. Barry

10. Struve

The best rank strikeforce fighters can achieve in the UFC top 10 IMO: (NR = not ranked in top 10)

5. Alistair Overeem

5. Fedor Emelianenko

6. Fabricio Werdum

5. Josh Barnett

7. Sergei Kharitonov

6. Antonio Silva

NR: Brett Rogers

NR: Bobby Lashley

NR: Andrei Arlovski

NR: Shane Del Rosario

NR: Mike Kyle

NR: Levar "Big" Johnson

NR: Daniel Cormier

NR: Ray Sefo

NR: Geronimo dos Santos

NR: Jeff Monson

NR: Ron Waterman

NR: Daniel Puder

note: they may be able to beat brock if they can duck carwin, but none of them can beat Carwin JDS and Cain IMO.

ufc hw top 10 imo:

1. Cain

2. JDS

3. Brock

4. Carwin

5. Mir

6. Nelson

7. Schaub

8. Mitrione

9. Barry

10. Struve

The best rank strikeforce fighters can achieve in the UFC top 10 IMO: (NR = not ranked in top 10)

5. Alistair Overeem

5. Fedor Emelianenko

6. Fabricio Werdum

5. Josh Barnett

7. Sergei Kharitonov

6. Antonio Silva

NR: Brett Rogers

NR: Bobby Lashley

NR: Andrei Arlovski

NR: Shane Del Rosario

NR: Mike Kyle

NR: Levar "Big" Johnson

NR: Daniel Cormier

NR: Ray Sefo

NR: Geronimo dos Santos

NR:

NR: Ron Waterman

NR: Daniel Puder

note: they may be able to beat brock if they can duck carwin' date=' but none of them can beat Carwin JDS and Cain IMO.[/u']

Yeah... but they rape the **** out of this man.

the_enigma, I agree with your list for the most part. I do think Fedor at 34 is still capable of coming back and beating the lot of them. I would probably rank Carwin ahead of Brock too. I see the fight being more like the first round of Lesnar v Carwin I than the second round if they fight again.

People are over doing it on Carwin too. Anderson Silva, GSP and Fedor have all had a bad fight/lost and they are all still awesome fighters. Cain and JDS are the clear top two at the moment but it is entirely possible Carwin could knock JDS out cold.

note: they may be able to beat brock if they can duck carwin' date=' but none of them can beat Carwin JDS and Cain IMO.[/u']

... if you count how many times the top 3 in each promotion has been ko/ tko'd,

Overeem really screws up team Strikeforce - lol

Alistair Overeem

Fedor Emelianenko (would want as LHW)

Fabricio Werdum

Josh Barnett

Sergei Kharitonov

Antonio Silva

Brett Rogers

Bobby Lashley

Andrei Arlovski

Shane Del Rosario

Mike Kyle (would want as LHW)

Levar "Big" Johnson

Daniel Cormier

Ray Sefo

Geronimo dos Santos

Jeff Monson

Ron Waterman

Daniel Puder

These are the only guys who have a hope of getting to a UFC title fight.

Have a nice day :-)

I see only Del Rosario(future champ),Reem(surprisingly,huh),BigFoot(but he wouldn't make it to a title shot,but he could beat some top 10 guys),Kharitonov(but not sure how would he do against wrestlers which is UFC HW. div full of them,but he would KO every wrestler with a weak chin(thinking about Brock...)) , Barnett(yeah,he could make it to the title i guess), and Werdum(but there are plenty of hard hitting HW's like Carwin,Cain and JDS(who already knocked him out) so not sure if he could survive against them) , and not sure with Fedor(if he still could have a chance against top 5 HW's,but a fight against Hendo will show if he's past his prime or not..) , and maybe Brett Rogers too but i dont know...

speaking of HW's, Del Rosario vs Schaub would be pretty sweet,just to see who is the future of HW div.,after Schaub gets schooled by Big Nog of course:P

Strikeforce top would five would wreck the ufc's top 5,overeems chin and heart maybe a factor there but i think he'd prevail.

Ufc heavyweights are largely hyped up names and Imo Fedor would still be unbeaten if he'd had signed with zuffa at the time.

Hopefully we'll see some of these fights.its far from buisness as usual zuffa have already made a few sizeable changes.

WAR MIXES

'Reem and Bigfoot would do well. I can see a few good matchups for Kharitonov and Barnett, but they would never be real contenders. Werdum would never be more than an upper-mid level guy like Mir is now. Fedor would have a real chance at LHW, but not HW.

Possible matches I'd like to see:

'Reem vs. JDS

Carwin vs. Bigfoot

Kharitonov vs. Barry

Barnett vs. Mir

Werdum vs. Struve

Fedor vs. Shogun (LHW)

I look forward to when the Strikeforce HWs arrive in the UFC. I think Overeem will be interesting but don't think he will beat Cain, Shane or De Santos.

Overeem might beat Brock. Brock seems to have problems with true strikers.

I can't imagine Fedor's handlers, Global 1 letting their guy fight our guys. They act like a Russian mafia or local hoods.

I would love to see Fedor take on Brock and formerly Randy Couture, but Global 1 always found a fake excuse to not let it happen. I can't imagine them changing.

The SF hws would struggle....

Fedor would be just a gatekeeper in the UFC division.

Just like he is in SF

Cant beat the elite' date=' just the bums.[/quote']

250px-Noob_Of_The_Year_Trophy.jpg

LOL

are you serious?

surely not' date='you cant be that dumb :eek:[/quote']

yeah, he really is .. word

I'd bet that Reem will be the only successful SF HW, if he ever fights in the UFC. The rest only look so good because they fight other scrubs. The second Silva, Fedor, Kharitinov or any of the other top SF HW's get in there with a dos Santos, Lesnar, Velasquez, or even Mir, they will get beat up.

I'd bet that Reem will be the only successful SF HW' date=' if he ever fights in the UFC. The rest only look so good because they fight other scrubs. The second Silva, Fedor, Kharitinov or any of the other top SF HW's get in there with a dos Santos, Lesnar, Velasquez, or even Mir, they will get beat up.[/quote']

No way Fedor or Kharitinov would lose to Bork & Mir.

UFC's Big 5 would beat anyone of SF's top 5 except Overeem.

Werdum would get ktfo again in the ufc, and fedor will retire once hendo knocks him out, Bigfoot is a retard fish frog, Barnett wouldnt pass a drug test to get in the octagon,

1.Cain

2.JDS

3.Brock

4.Carwin

5.Mir(ufc 107 buff mir that fought kongo)

1.Overeem( best chance in UFC)

2.Werdum

3.Bigfoot

4.Fedor

5.Barnett

I think UFC has hyped up their heavyweights alot. I think Overeem will be at least top 3. Only fighter I really think has the skillset to dominate Overeem is Carwin he throws hard and he comes out quick which if he lands on Overeems chin could produce a quick knock out. If the fight went past the first Overeem has it with ease tho.

I think Bigfoot silva is underated and might do really well in UFC's heavyweright division. Werdum was already doing well in UFC when he has his contract dispute so I think he will continue to do well.

I rooted for Fedor in his most recent fights I'm still bummed the guy lost but I think as long as Fedor stays in the heavyweight division he will continue to lose. This weight difference is just too much for the guy now.

I don't consider Werdum elite at all! Watch him get his *** beat in this HW tourny.

he is like the SF version of brock but his skill is BJJ not wrestling....i like werdum and his BJJ is the best at HW but his striking D is to low to be a top 3 guy in the ufc hes luck some think hes top 3 in SF

No way Fedor or Kharitinov would lose to Bork & Mir.

if the fedor that fought bigfoot shows up yah he would lose to brock...maybe not mir though

Overeem could be champ...give him barry as first fight i woud love that and he would make carwin look dumb

Werdum could make top 5 again but no higher

Barnett could make top 5 cuz he can beat some lower top 10 guys boringly im thinking hes the next ben Rorthwell but ill better

Krantov (whatever)...top 10 in ufc....love to see him fight barry

Bigfoot could be top 3 but im thinking he would loss his fight be4 his title fight like nate maquart

Fedor need to move down

Mike kyle needs to move down

Jeff Monson needs to move down that 3 good fighters to upgrade the lhw

I think it will be a true test of which show had the best fighters. Personally I'm inclined to believe the UFC fighters are better simply because that's where the money is at. Talent usually follows the money. That's why the NFL players are better than say Canadian Football League players or Arena Football players. That being said, the UFC HW division is thin in number of quality guys. The SF guys should add some volume to the mix which will make things more unpredictable match up wise, thus adding to our entertainment. While I do believe a few of the SF guys can win some matchups against the top 10, I do not think they will "dominate" by any means. I think the top five in the UFC would be difficult for any one SF fighter to consecutively beat. So, I don't see any new long term reigns as UFC HW champ for any of the SF newcomers, just some needed depth and competition.