Is the UFC HW Division depleted ?

shinsplint

As soon as They bring the StrikeForce Heavyweights together with the UFC Heavyweights' date=' ...that's when it's gonna get REAL HEAVY!!![/color'] :D

The sooner the better...

I mean a whole card without a single HW fight on the whole card...

It's pathetic...

I think you are getting way too worked up over this' date=' It really doesn't bother me. If the UFC heavyweight division is so weak why do you wanna see em fight so bad?[/quote']

What they have pretty much a card dominated by LW's, BW's & WW's...

I like an even mix...

Not having a single HW on the card is horrid IMO...

Yeah watching the flies and angry ants fight is no where near as exciting as watching the dinosaurs clash.

Agreed.

They could at least even it out...

Just proves how weak the HW div is in the UFC if they cant put a single HW

bout on an 11 fight card...

Pathetic...

Hell NO..

I'd much prefer a card with the bigger guys throwing down...

It just shows how weak the UFC HW division is...

You mean you'd prefer slow sloppy unskilled and undeserving Heavyweights on the card over smaller skilled guys? Or you'd prefer skilled heavyweights over skilled lighter guys? :confused:

Agreed.

They could at least even it out...

Just proves how weak the HW div is in the UFC if they cant put a single HW

bout on an 11 fight card...

Pathetic...

Agreed. You make a good point in this thread. I know there has been a lot of injuries but there must have been two big ***** somewhere out there to make a fight between.

from what i know 129 didnt have any HW fights as well

You are right. Jake Shields performance in the main event nearly ruined the card. The sometimes HWs Couture and the Janitor saved the card as did Aldo and Hominick. Dam Couture got kicked in the mouth lol

You are right. Jake Shields performance in the main event nearly ruined the card. The sometimes HWs Couture and the Janitor saved the card as did Aldo and Hominick. Dam Couture got kicked in the mouth lol

IMO it was GSP he had jake Shields fighting his fight and he got messed up. Vlady really surprised me tho 20 sec KO good thing i didnt go to the bathroom for a leak orelse i would have missed it. as for randy it was a sad way to retire but it seem to have put Lyoto back on the radar, Aldo-Hominick was sick especially the later rounds Hominick tough dude tons of heart for not complaining or wanting to quit

Agreed. You make a good point in this thread. I know there has been a lot of injuries but there must have been two big ***** somewhere out there to make a fight between.

& only 1 LHW bout on this whole card... & its a washed up Tito... meh...

& ZERO HW's on this card...

Pulease.... This coming from the supposed premier MMA org....LMFAO...

IMO it sucks...

& only 1 LHW bout on this whole card... & its a washed up Tito... meh...

& ZERO HW's on this card...

Pulease.... This coming from the supposed premier MMA org....LMFAO...

IMO it sucks...

it would be really sweet to see Tito taps to strikes in his last fight. :D

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Weight_Class/Heavyweight

lmfao Herring is still there (he got cut already)

A lot of HW can't even go one round without gassing' date=' i'd hate to watch a watch a whole event of just HW's lol[/quote']

Im not saying a whole event of HW's...

BUT there is not a single HW fight on the whole 132 card

& only 1 LHW fight ...

IMO thats BS...

i6xqwn.jpg

Lighter weight classes are usually much faster paced, the fighters have great cardio and are usually more technical, almost always more technical than a HW fight. I'd prefer two smaller, technical fighters that can last 15 minutes to two big guys who fight for 3 minutes then struggle to throw a decent punch.

It's true.....The HW division has always had the least depth. But I think that they make up for it with some of the more exciting fights.

i agree. also, i think with some of the new additions, and some of the lesser experienced guys coming into their own, we are in for some awesome HW fights!

Seriously...

A whole card without a single HW bout ?

Pathetic IMO...

Well the Main Event is a Bantamweight Title Fight.

They usually don't put on big heavyweight fights when the main event is a Light Weight or below.

It can take a lot of the spotlight away from the lighter fighters and deplete the overall hype of the main event.

The smaller dudes are more exciting. Unless you like big fat people gas out 3 minutes into a fight and having terrible technique

No one gives more **** to fat people or people who gas out than me. I'm talking about HWs like Cain, JDS, Fedor, Big Foot, Carwin, Lesnar, Mir, Browne, Mitrione etc etc. The HW division has, and always will be, the premier division in combat sports. Dana knows it. You know it. And I know it.

No one gives more **** to fat people or people who gas out than me. I'm talking about HWs like Cain' date=' JDS, Fedor, Big Foot, Carwin, Lesnar, Mir, Browne, Mitrione etc etc. The HW division has, and always will be, the premier division in combat sports. Dana knows it. You know it. And I know it.[/quote']

24 HW's on the UFC Roster also...

the next 2 cards have 1 measly HW bout... :mad:

It's true that the heavyweights don't tend to be as technical, but the fights also keep you on the edge of your seat, as it's a lot more likely to see a knock out. These guys are just so big that any punch can end it. You can't tell me you weren't pumped a year ago to see Lesnar and Carwin go at it.

Sure the lighter weight classes can have knock outs, and they go non stop. I just find by and large it doesn't really get you pumped up watching these little guys dart around the octagon. Everyone has their own fight preferences.

The irony of this post about finishes, is I'm a GSP and Fitch fan. I'll admit it right now I can be a hypocrit.

It's true that the heavyweights don't tend to be as technical' date=' but the fights also keep you on the edge of your seat, as it's a lot more likely to see a knock out. These guys are just so big that any punch can end it. You can't tell me you weren't pumped a year ago to see Lesnar and Carwin go at it.

Sure the lighter weight classes can have knock outs, and they go non stop. I just find by and large it doesn't really get you pumped up watching these little guys dart around the octagon. Everyone has their own fight preferences.

The irony of this post about finishes, is I'm a GSP and Fitch fan. I'll admit it right now I can be a hypocrit.[/quote']

Haha, a fan who likes KO's & finishes but is a

safe Pierre & Fitch fan...

Didnt know they existed.. lol..

Archived