Who has the toughest chin in MMA (Present day)

megaman

I Love Guida and he sure can take a punch but i think the Titanium chin award has to go to Big Country.

He got hit by the heaviest hands right know in the UFC ( and probably all of MMA), Dos Santos and still managed to look pretty good when comparing him to the other guys Junior has faced and K'dTFO.

Even Shane couldn't handle Junior's power and got his face torn apart by him in just the 1st round.

My pick is Nelson.

Hard to say Nelson cause he took some shots against Mir' date=' he got KO'd against Arlovski. It'd have to be Guido.[/quote']

He got dropped, but he wasn't out cold, it seemed more like the way that he fell was what stopped the fight lol.

Arlovski is a beast when it comes to striking offense and hits very hard and fast. Getting dropped by him doesn't make his chin bad. Ben Rothwell described Cain's punches as pitter patter compared to Arlovski's.

Yeah but Carwin looked far worse' date=' the fight could've been stopped in just the 1st round, Nelson was never in danger of that.[/quote']

Yeah it could of been stopped, but he was still in it because of his chin. He took a load of shots but still stood. No dobut Nelson has a rock hard chin though.

Edit: Lytle deserves a mention, never been stopped from punches?

He got dropped' date=' but he wasn't out cold, it seemed more like the way that he fell was what stopped the fight lol.

[b']Arlovski is a beast when it comes to striking offense and hits very hard and fast. Getting dropped by him doesn't make his chin bad. Ben Rothwell described Cain's punches as pitter patter compared to Arlovski's.[/b]

This^^ Arlovski in his prime was KO'ing everybody no shame there.

Yeah it could of been stopped' date=' but he was still in it because of his chin. He took a load of shots but still stood. No dobut Nelson has a rock hard chin though.

Edit: [b']Lytle deserves a mention, never been stopped from punches?[/b]

Yeah and his a vet quite an acomplishment.

I Love Guida and he sure can take a punch but i think the Titanium chin award has to go to Big Country.

He got hit by the heaviest hands right know in the UFC ( and probably all of MMA)' date=' Dos Santos and still managed to look pretty good when comparing him to the other guys Junior has faced and K'dTFO.

Even Shane couldn't handle Junior's power and got his face torn apart by him in just the 1st round.

My pick is Nelson.[/quote']

hw's (worth mentioning) w/ one or no tko/ ko losses (good for a thread, eh)

Fedor

Bigfoot

Barnett

Werdum

Velasquez

dos Santos

Del Rosario

Cormier

I would have to say Nelson. He took a beating from one of the best strikers in MMA, then took another huge beating from Mir. Guida has a strong chin, but compared to the beatings that Nelson took you have to go with him. Guida has not really been beaten down, but he showed a strong chin against Diego and Florian

hw's (worth mentioning) w/ one or no tko/ ko losses (good for a thread' date=' eh)

Fedor[b']:You're right, but has of late his chin has been put to the test and it wasn't pretty[/b]

Bigfoot: he's got a Super Chin doesn't count :D

Barnett

Werdum: He got owned by Junior :P

Velasquez: He got dazed by Kongo but his chin has never been put to the test.

dos Santos: Well when he does get hit it's like nothing happened and it's always him doing the hitting anyway.

Del Rosario

Cormier

The ones I didn't comment, are the ones who never been in real deep water's like the other ones.

Roy 'Big Country' Nelson! As if the dos Santos fight didn't prove enough' date=' did you see those knees he took from Mir!?[/quote']

those knees were brutal he is my pick with guida close behind. that head kick to the face he took from diego that sent him flying to his **** didnt phase him he was scrambling back the very instant he landed.

LOL Guida got dropped by KenFlo and submitted and he's got the best chin?

I don't think he does I think Nelson has the best chin but about the Florian fight, he was getting right back up, Florian was one of the greatest LW and he went for the sub beacuse he saw Guida was just dazed he would get back up if Florian tried to finish with strikes.

Stann/ Silva

To be fair...Leben ate like 67,234 shots from Silva before the ref stopped it, and he still wasn't out cold. Just rocked like hell.

Leben also never went out cold against Stann, just ate a ton of damage, was completely rocked and not defending well. Good ref stoppage.

BJ Penn - Even an iron cross with multiple open face shots from a farm boy couldn't turn his lights off. BJ has an obsidian jaw with a marble head.

Nelson - He can eat damage faster and longer and harder than Big Macs.

Guida - That guy can move forward through shots that would shut off lesser men.

Lesnar - Carwin couldn't shut him off, and neither could Cain. Sure he got spanked, but that was more because he curls up like a 5 year old when you punch him. He still hasn't been knocked out cold. I'd like to see Lesnar v. JDS someday. I think Lesnar has a good chin, just reacts poorly to being punched.

Fedor - Still never been KO'd.

GSP - Tapped to strikes like a *****, but never been KO'd, he ate plenty of shots early in his career. Now I'm just sure he is too safe for it to happen.

Sanchez - You can stop him by making him bleed a gallon of blood out of his face. But I don't think you can turn his light's off.

Lytle - No way this guy gets KO'd, not if he can help it :)

Hard to say Nelson cause he took some shots against Mir' date=' he got KO'd against Arlovski. It'd have to be Guido.[/quote']

I guess you didnt see that fight, Roy was not KOed by Arlovski, if you watch the fight, Roy was winning up until he gassed and his batteries died out. He kept getting the takedown throughout the fight and in the end was locking in a kimura and the ref stood them up because it was in the Elite XC(fixed organization) and when he got up he was so tired that when he got stalked and punched he kinda fell down out of exhaustion watch the fight, Roy was no where near dazed or KOed, he was just dead tired

My picks:

Silva: Sonnen rocked him, but he's very tough to damage and even harder to KO, and even harder than that to hit.

Rampage: it took Wandy 20 knees and Shogun 4 soccer kicks to put this man away. He can take a hit.

BJ Penn: has never even been rocked. Insane chin, especially considering Lyoto couldn't hurt him.

GSP: not just because I'm a fan, I am aware that he's been TKO'd. However, that punch that rocked him was not to his chin. As far as his chin is concerned, he's never been rocked.

Roy Nelson: too obvious

Lesnar: the two hardest hitters couldn't put him away. If he ever learns how to tale a punch, the HW division is in trouble.

Fedor: never been (T)KO'd. That little dome of his can take a punch.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of them, but that's it for now.

Carwin hands down.

He took more punishment from JDS than anyone has and didn't get TKO/KO'd.

Both cheeks were busted open and his nose was shattered.

Actually came back to fight two more rounds pretty well.

Never seen anyone's face more busted up and still keep fighting. (Nelson wasn't close)

I still not convinced that Nelsons chin is as good as you are making out. He did survive against JDS but to be fair he did cover his face up for the entire fight. He can definitley take some punishment though. Carwins chin really impressed me aginst Dos Santos.

Carwin hands down.

He took more punishment from JDS than anyone has and didn't get TKO/KO'd.

Both cheeks were busted open and his nose was shattered.

Actually came back to fight two more rounds pretty well.

Never seen anyone's face more busted up and still keep fighting. (Nelson wasn't close)

He got rocked quite hard by Conzaga tho.