observations from ufc 132

daveyk

wiman v siver-

come on, in real life wiman won that fight! i agree that lay n pray wrestling is boring, and when fighters like fitch use it persistantly and to grind out boring decisions it should not be the decisive factor. but wiman DID use it effectively and had a good game plan, and he caused the most damage by far. i scored it 29-28. at worst it may have been a draw but wiman came out better and dominated. he was robbed!

condit

condit could not be more deserving of a title shot. he has developed even since coming into the ufc, and rightly deserves the winner of gsp v diaz. in fact id say he deserves it more than diaz but give him the winner is fair.

leben v wandy

great to see him back to form. i feel wandy may be done he doesnt look like his old fired up self anymore. big respect to him but may be time to retire.

bader v tito

bader got clipped and submitted. other than being defeated by jon jones (which is no thing to be ashamed of) that is the first time. give him a fight to a lower ranked fighter to test his minerals and build his confidence again. could ortiz make a final run for the title? i say give him machida and soon, both shud be able to fight in the very near future!

cruz v faber

excellent display from both. cruz deserved thhe win imho

guillard

looks very impressive. i believe miller deserves the next title shot, however this would be a good top contender bout

thoughts anyone?

wiman v siver-

come on' date=' in real life wiman won that fight! i agree that lay n pray wrestling is boring, and when fighters like fitch use it persistantly and to grind out boring decisions it should not be the decisive factor. but wiman DID use it effectively and had a good game plan, and he caused the most damage by far. i scored it 29-28. at worst it may have been a draw but wiman came out better and dominated. he was robbed!

condit

condit could not be more deserving of a title shot. he has developed even since coming into the ufc, and rightly deserves the winner of gsp v diaz. in fact id say he deserves it more than diaz but give him the winner is fair.

leben v wandy

great to see him back to form. i feel wandy may be done he doesnt look like his old fired up self anymore. big respect to him but may be time to retire.

bader v tito

bader got clipped and submitted. other than being defeated by jon jones (which is no thing to be ashamed of) that is the first time. give him a fight to a lower ranked fighter to test his minerals and build his confidence again. could ortiz make a final run for the title? i say give him machida and soon, both shud be able to fight in the very near future!

cruz v faber

excellent display from both. cruz deserved thhe win imho

guillard

looks very impressive. i believe miller deserves the next title shot, however this would be a good top contender bout

thoughts anyone?[/quote']

I agree with the lot...almost...Siver clearly won rounds 1, and 3!!

I had Siver winning it 29-28. Wiman clearly won round 2. Siver had 1 and 3' date=' but they were close. With the Guillard thing, I don't see Jim getting passed Bendo.[/quote']

i'd be [issed if they pair up Jim v melv - they should be kept as separate contenders.

Archived