Belfort vs Akiyama

BarbaricBob

I can't believe how many people have Akiyama winning this one. I admit, Belfort got caught by Silva, but who hasn't? That's the only time in his career he's been put to sleep like that. I said when I first heard about this fight I thought it was one sided with Belfort pulling out the victory. But the closer it gets to UFC 133, the more people seem to be taking Akiyama. I'm just curious as to why? My prediction, Belfort gets the KO Round 2.

I can't believe how many people have Akiyama winning this one. I admit' date=' Belfort got caught by Silva, but who hasn't? That's the only time in his career he's been put to sleep like that. I said when I first heard about this fight I thought it was one sided with Belfort pulling out the victory. But the closer it gets to UFC 133, the more people seem to be taking Akiyama. I'm just curious as to why? My prediction, Belfort gets the KO Round 2.[/quote']

Belfort.....There isn't really anyone besides Anderson in the division who has more than a minute chance of not getting knocked out ,standing.

Akiyama doesn't have that impressive of takedowns and Belfort has solid Jiu Jitsu. I see a first round finish for Belfort and lets hope they get him fighting more frequently after this.

I can't believe how many people have Akiyama winning this one. I admit' date=' Belfort got caught by Silva, but who hasn't? That's the only time in his career he's been put to sleep like that. I said when I first heard about this fight I thought it was one sided with Belfort pulling out the victory. But the closer it gets to UFC 133, the more people seem to be taking Akiyama. I'm just curious as to why? My prediction, Belfort gets the KO Round 2.[/quote']

Victor Belfort is way stronger and better than Akiyama.

Belfort probably has less than 30 minutes cage time since '06,

... never count out Vitor, but must respect Akiyama -

Belfort probably has less than 30 minutes cage time since '06' date='

... never count out Vitor, but must respect Akiyama -[/quote']

So it's a bad thing that he finishes most fights in the first round? If anything that just shows he takes less time then most fighters to feel comfortable and start letting his hands go.

Archived