Why Come Fighters Don't Just Punch GSP In His Face?

Pessimist_Pete

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GSP is good at throwing people down on the ground and doing that jab against Josh Koscheck. But every time GSP fights he just don't get punched in the face that much. So' date=' why come?

discuss thanx[/quote']

He's too good.

GSP is good at throwing people down on the ground and doing that jab against Josh Koscheck. But every time GSP fights he just don't get punched in the face that much. So' date=' why come?

discuss thanx[/quote']

classic example of (YOU'VE NEVER FOUGHT).

Its a lot harder than you think to fight. Those little jabs and punches actually hurt when they land. And GSP keeps his distance well, so it hard for people to catch him. GSP also has very good timing.

classic example of (YOU'VE NEVER FOUGHT).

Its a lot harder than you think to fight. Those little jabs and punches actually hurt when they land. And GSP keeps his distance well' date=' so it hard for people to catch him. GSP also has very good timing.[/quote']

I train bro. Trust me I'm good at mma. We don't punch in the face though.

you make no sense. Do you spar at all? BJJ and wrestling are good and all' date=' but have nothing to do with your toughness at taking a punch and timing and movement and speed.[/quote']

I spar bro. Did you know that spar comes from the word "sparta."

I agree that bjj and wrestling are wimpy when it comes to punch in face. so that's why i'm asking why come people don't punch him more

you make no sense. Do you spar at all? BJJ and wrestling are good and all' date=' but have nothing to do with your toughness at taking a punch and timing and movement and speed.[/quote']

I agree with this somewhat. Except movement and speed. I wrestled in middle school and high school, and when I started doing boxing, I was stiff with footwork and head movement but I found it pretty easy to leap in, land a few shots and leap out. This was mostly due to working on my shot during wrestling and being faster and more explosive. But it's very true, wrestling to striking is a very hard transition and takes a lot of work.

HAHA! Then you don't train. Maybe with a couple friends in your back yard. Go to any legit gym' date=' and you will spar with headgear on.[/quote']

I train hard man. I do plyometrics; sprints; wall squats, and we even hit the tire with sledge hammers. so, whatever man. we just don't believe in punching in the face. so im confused why others don't just punch GSP when he's standing there trying to throw people on the ground. you still haven't answered why come?

I spar bro. Did you know that spar comes from the word "sparta."

I agree that bjj and wrestling are wimpy when it comes to punch in face. so that's why i'm asking why come people don't punch him more

You should write a letter to Diaz to tell him to punch him in the face when they fight.

Then we might finally get to see it.

lol. my gym doesn't wear headgear. could be bad for me though.

What, no headgear. What sort of gym is that. Wait, you are talking about when you do striking sparring aren't you?

I train hard man. I do plyometrics; sprints; wall squats' date=' and we even hit the tire with sledge hammers. so, whatever man. we just don't believe in punching in the face. so im confused why others don't just punch GSP when he's standing there trying to throw people on the ground. you still haven't answered why come?[/quote']

They DO try. They just have a hard time doing it. With GSP's speed and good gameplans its hard to hit him. He DOES get hit though. Like everyone does. But not very hard. GOT IT? This thread is useless. Lets let this drop

lol. my gym doesn't wear headgear. could be bad for me though.

Not too bad. Usually when I spar, even if I'm told to go 100% i hold back a little. I'm not going to try to take a friends head off like I would in a fight. Headgear is mostly to prevent cuts. That's why we wear it

What' date=' no headgear. What sort of gym is that. Wait, you are talking about when you do striking sparring aren't you?[/quote']

I don't know man. We don't wear headgear. We box and do kickboxing without headgear. Sure, it ****ing sucks to get a hook to the face, but you suck it up and be a man.

Yea actually i just got hit last week int he side of my ear and i still cant hear right. haha. oh its amazing.

They DO try. They just have a hard time doing it. With GSP's speed and good gameplans its hard to hit him. He DOES get hit though. Like everyone does. But not very hard. GOT IT? This thread is useless. Lets let this drop

I didn't see Dan Harty or Josh Koscheck try to do much of any punching in the face. care to explain? didn't think so. so you cant answer the simple question: why come they don't just punch him in his face and knock him out colds?

I didn't see Dan Harty or Josh Koscheck try to do much of any punching in the face. care to explain? didn't think so. so you cant answer the simple question: why come they don't just punch him in his face and knock him out colds?

He did explain. When you throw punches (especially heavy punches) you have to shift your weight. It's not just throwing your arm. You turn on your foot, throw your hip and shoulder into it. This prevents you from being able to drop your weight back down to sprawl out to prevent a takedown. Fighters have to be cautious of the takedown from George, because if he has a chance HE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN EVERY TIME. George makes fighters react to him, rather then him reacting to the other fighter. That's why it's so hard for people to land good shots on him. If it was as easy as you make it sound, Koscheck would have caught him.

I gave you all your answers. Go from the first page to the last. If you can't find it you have education issues. Im done with you. and no. im happy' date=' not mad.[/quote']

If you answer all my questions, and then 25 posts later you call me a troll, does that mean that you are smarter than me? discuss thanx

He did explain. When you throw punches (especially heavy punches) you have to shift your weight. It's not just throwing your arm. You turn on your foot' date=' throw your hip and shoulder into it. This prevents you from being able to drop your weight back down to sprawl out to prevent a takedown. Fighters have to be cautious of the takedown from George, because if he has a chance HE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN EVERY TIME. George makes fighters react to him, rather then him reacting to the other fighter. That's why it's so hard for people to land good shots on him. If it was as easy as you make it sound, Koscheck would have caught him.[/quote']

Interesting analysis. You must train or watch a lot of mmarts. So you're saying that GSP is so good at throwing people to the ground? why come they don't just punch him when he tries to throw them?

I'm not saying I'm some bad mother effer, but I don't think GSP could just take me down at will without me ever landing a hard one on his face.

Interesting analysis. You must train or watch a lot of mmarts. So you're saying that GSP is so good at throwing people to the ground? why come they don't just punch him when he tries to throw them?

I'm not saying I'm some bad mother effer' date=' but I don't think GSP could just take me down at will without me ever landing a hard one on his face.[/quote']

I wrestled for seven years in middle school and high school. More recently I've done a little BJJ, Muay Thai, and Boxing. No disrespect, but James Toney said he could knock out Couture with and uppercut before Couture got to his legs, which did not happen. GSP's shot is a lot faster then you must think. It's one think to watch a fight and say, this is what I would do, or would've done and being in the fight and having to react. GSP covers distance faster then the guy can react is all I'm saying

I'm not saying I'm some bad mother effer' date=' but I don't think GSP could just take me down at will without me ever landing a hard one on his face.[/quote']

No disrespect' date=' but James Toney said he could knock out Couture with and uppercut before Couture got to his legs, which did not happen. GSP's shot is a lot faster then you must think. It's one think to watch a fight and say, this is what I would do, or would've done and being in the fight and having to react. GSP covers distance faster then the guy can react is all I'm saying[/quote']

Your analogy doesn't make sense because I'm way leaner and faster than Toney. I'm pretty sure I could land at least one hard uppercut right in GSP's face before he could do one of those goldberg takedowns on me. One shot is all that it takes to KO GSP. Matt Serra taught us that lesson. So, it could happen bro.

Archived