Worst MMA stoppage in recent years

UFC_311

Nelson vs. Riley and it isn't even close. Though Danzig vs. Wiman is up there as well.

And lol out people voting Velasquez vs. Rothwell. First round was 10-8 and in the second all Rothwell did was block punches with his face. Maybe premature, but unlike a lot of these other stoppage that stoppage didn't affect the outcome of the fight one bit. No way was Rothwell going to win that fight.

Nelson vs. Riley and it isn't even close. Though Danzig vs. Wiman is up there as well.

And lol out people voting Velasquez vs. Rothwell. First round was 10-8 and in the second all Rothwell did was block punches with his face. Maybe premature' date=' but unlike a lot of these other stoppage that stoppage didn't affect the outcome of the fight one bit. No way was Rothwell going to win that fight.[/quote']

yeah not to mention that the ref warned him going into round two to defend himself more or he will stop it. Rothwell proceeded to get his *** kicked worse then rd 1 LOL

i feel that Gonzaga vs Cro Cop was pretty bad as well

but what about sam stout vs yves edwards' date=' he was still breathing.[/quote']

or Mir vs Silvia

All God awful calls.

Man, that Franklin Liddell fight was robbery.

Bisping v. Henderson' date=' ref should have let that one go a little longer.[/quote']
but what about sam stout vs yves edwards' date=' he was still breathing.

[/quote']

All God awful calls.

Man' date=' that Franklin Liddell fight was robbery.[/quote']

Oh god tell me about it...

Could you believe the reffing in the Kongo vs Barry fight? Come on' date=' Barry still had his eyes open[/quote']

Rampage vs Wandy...all of them' date=' even the PRIDE fights

terrible stoppages[/quote']

i feel like Steve stopped Lesnar vs Mir I prematurely

lol these

I thought the Condit vs Mcdonald wasn't too bad. It was getting hard to watch. I was hoping it'd get stopped earlier. but I can understand the argument for letting it go a few more seconds. Would've just ended up a draw i believe but whatever. the worst stoppage i can think of is....Mir vs Carwin. That was ridiculous. I felt alittle bad for Mir

I thought the Condit vs Mcdonald wasn't too bad. It was getting hard to watch. I was hoping it'd get stopped earlier. but I can understand the argument for letting it go a few more seconds. Would've just ended up a draw i believe but whatever. the worst stoppage i can think of is....Mir vs Carwin. That was ridiculous. I felt alittle bad for Mir

Nope Rory would have won that fight.

Diaz Daley !!!!!!!! Could have at least waited till the second round and let Diaz hit Daley w his own stool since he tagged him w everything else . If the people want to see him get hit w everything including the round stool .... Well ?!? Give em what they want !! Lol

Yeah he would have' date=' and all he had to do is defend himself.[/quote']

Still no bad stoppage imo, he didnt defend at all and if the ref wouldnt have stopped the fight, it might have been a BS decision. Noone deserves a win after getting raped for 1 entire round and 2 slightly better rounds. Seriously that would have been MUCH worse than Rampage vs. Machida.

i think it would have been a draw....

If round 3 of Penn Fitch was a 10-8 then so was round 3 of Rory Condit.

Horrible stoppage all the same.

Maybe, I don't believe he would have received a 10-8, though I agree that it could/should have been.

Still no bad stoppage imo' date=' he didnt defend at all and if the ref wouldnt have stopped the fight, it might have been a BS decision. Noone deserves a win after getting raped for 1 entire round and 2 [b']slightly[/b] better rounds. Seriously that would have been MUCH worse than Rampage vs. Machida.

I don't think it was bad stoppage either. He had a chance to defend himself, but he was unable. How much time that is remaining in a round is irrelevant to whether the fight should have been stopped or not.

Archived