Alistar Overeem next fight will be in the UFC, he is out of Grand Prix tournament

Superman91

Watch the mmafighting.com interview with Dana White this week, he is asked about what happened with Overeem.

In his answer, he says about Overeem's people calling him and asking if they could deal directly with him. Reading into the way Dana was saying it and his body language, i couldnt help but feel that Dana was indicating that Overeem's people want to negotiate a contract with UFC, rather then renegotiating with Strikeforce now that his current deal is about to expire...

See what you think when you watch it...

I hope so. The UFC needs to cut a bunch of dead weight, pull the few remaining good fighters out of Strikeforce and then disolve that subpar entity. Start having tournament style fights again so champs are built from within through fighting rather than marketing ability. Time to evolve or fade away!

Gotta love people who say pure strikers like JDS will make Overeem look like a can... K1 is for real. Yeah, i don't like how Alistair played it safe against Verdum. But the fight was pretty damn weird. I understand pulling out because of a toe injury, toe is worse then a hand injury it spoils every part of the training. I would love the UFC to give Overeem a striker to put him on his ***... he he. It sounds like Dana pulled him out on purpose. The man fought 5 times last year, that?s more then the top contenders combined. Yeah overeem is a wimp... haters gonna hate.

Nah, sure Zuffa wouldn't mind him fighting injured but even if Alistair refused they knew they could just set up a way better contract for him in the UFC maximizing their and his profits. Let's be honest, few people follows Strikeforce, mostly dedicated mma fans. But only time will tell. Lot's of respect for Alistair for not taking that fight. It would have been insane. Bigfoot without a trainingcamp. Bigfoot is no joke. Man is for real. Legit BJJ, chin, huge and with ground and pound. Fought a smart fight against Fedor although it was stopped a bit to early, got sight between rounds, let the man fight until danger.

I hope so. The UFC needs to cut a bunch of dead weight' date=' pull the few remaining good fighters out of Strikeforce and then disolve that subpar entity. Start having tournament style fights again so champs are built from within through fighting rather than marketing ability. Time to evolve or fade away![/quote']

Strikeforce has a contract for at least two years with Showtime. They can't dissolve or merge until after that.

Strikeforce has a contract for at least two years with Showtime. They can't dissolve or merge until after that.

They can most certainly co promote fights and cross org matches.Gsp vs Diaz comes to mind?I see something like this until they can absorb Strikeforce.

contracts can be amended/ compensated/ purchased ?

They can most certainly co promote fights and cross org matches.Gsp vs Diaz comes to mind?I see something like this until they can absorb Strikeforce.

Browne, Struve, Kongo. Barry, or Mir could expose that cracker-chin quacker -

Carwin would own him.

I don't think so....I think it would be a good fight if Carwin doesn't gas out. If Overeem crosses over to the good side then he should fight a top 5 guy right off the bat. Carwin, Mir, loser of Cain/JDS, etc...

Archived