How would you score a round

WaSupGuy

where lets say Fighter A is controlling the standup for 3 mins, tagging and landing more than fighter B, not dominating or hurting B but having the edge, think Edgar. Then B lands a takedown falls in guard and lands a few arm punches, they connect but again do no real damage think fitch but less persistent, this happens for 30 secs, the rest of the round they just clinch with nothing happening for arguments sake, who wins iyo. Same scenerio but B keeps A down for a full min lands more shots who u guys got in the two scenerios.

More like score rounds that are similar to Sanchez vs Guida (rounds 2-3) but it's a 5 rounder.

Very hard to score.

I honestly, would score it for fighter A. But I can see why people would score it for fighter B.

EDIT: I only read like half. Lol..

so i guess you thought matt wiman beat dennis siver? Though he only won a 15 min fight for two min. Yeah he got a cpl takedowns, but how many attempts failed? More than completed. He spent an entire fight struggling for scarcely secured takedowns, and avoiding the standup. Out of the few takedowns, he was only able to hold him down once. Siver was back on his feet in seconds most of the time. I can see how wrestlers can be a little bias (as of strikers and bjj artists) and think that wiman did enough, but for people to act like he totally dominated Siver is silly, and shows an ignorance in judging the sport. I don't mean to sound rude to anybody but that really irritated me when ppl disrespected Siver on a good performance that he clearly won. I just feel that takedowns are given way too much credit. It's easier for a wrestler to takedown a striker than it is for a striker to defend a wrestlers takedown. My point, if they are gonna score takedowns so much, they should also score takedown defences. That would put a stop to people avoiding fighting by going for take down after takedown and ruining a fight.

so i guess you thought matt wiman beat dennis siver? Though he only won a 15 min fight for two min. Yeah he got a cpl takedowns' date=' but how many attempts failed? More than completed. He spent an entire fight struggling for scarcely secured takedowns, and avoiding the standup. Out of the few takedowns, he was only able to hold him down once. Siver was back on his feet in seconds most of the time. I can see how wrestlers can be a little bias (as of strikers and bjj artists) and think that wiman did enough, but for people to act like he totally dominated Siver is silly, and shows an ignorance in judging the sport. I don't mean to sound rude to anybody but that really irritated me when ppl disrespected Siver on a good performance that he clearly won. I just feel that takedowns are given way too much credit. It's easier for a wrestler to takedown a striker than it is for a striker to defend a wrestlers takedown. My point, if they are gonna score takedowns so much, they should also score takedown defences. That would put a stop to people avoiding fighting by going for take down after takedown and ruining a fight.[/quote']

Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful opinion, tbh i dont remember the fight all thaat well i just remember thinkin siver won and it was a close fight but he did enough for the decision. idk y he got booed tho it was a good fight. I think this is an interesting and relevant topic in mma, how much credit do u give to takedowns do u count just the takedown or wat a fighter is able to do with it and do u simply throw out what the other fighter was doin just cause he got a td, even if he was winning.

On a sidenote (if i remember correctly) i thought wiman looked like a giant ******* the way he reacted after the decision i get that he thought he won and it was a close fight but he reacted as if he had whooped sivers *** and the judges were retarted, showed a lack of class and character imo.

Archived