Really?

sure there will be mass shootings going on all around, riots breaking out, countries at war, child killers walking free, mass flooding and tornado's, BP spilling billions of galllons of oil into the ocean and whatnot, but who really cares about any of that stuff anyways. It is all irrelevant once the news breaks that amy winehouse is dead or lindsay lohan gets arrested. Suddenly this gives the entire world an opportunity to forget about the real problems in society.

sure there will be mass shootings going on all around' date=' riots breaking out, countries at war, child killers walking free, mass flooding and tornado's, BP spilling billions of galllons of oil into the ocean and whatnot, but who really cares about any of that stuff anyways. It is all irrelevant once the news breaks that amy winehouse is dead or lindsay lohan gets arrested. Suddenly this gives the entire world an opportunity to forget about the real problems in society.[/quote']

Really depends on how close to home the incident is

sure there will be mass shootings going on all around' date=' riots breaking out, countries at war, child killers walking free, mass flooding and tornado's, BP spilling billions of galllons of oil into the ocean and whatnot, but who really cares about any of that stuff anyways. It is all irrelevant once the news breaks that amy winehouse is dead or lindsay lohan gets arrested. Suddenly this gives the entire world an opportunity to forget about the real problems in society.[/quote']

applause

No one talking about Norway' date=' WTF?[/quote']

Sorry to hear about what happened there, did not know about it until you brought it my attention currently. Thanks for bringing to to everyone's attention, prayers and condolescenses to all the families and people involved. Sounds like a really messed up situation, you and your family are alright correct man?

Yeah' date=' man. I'm not from Norway, I'm from Portugal, but I have a cousin living there and that **** was scary.

Too bad everyone will talk about a girl that didn't care about anything but sniffing coke while this **** happens.[/quote']

Yeah, I understand why your upset about that, this story (the one in Norway) should have garnered more attention than one person. Regardless of their celebrity or how famous they were and I am glad to here your family and relatives are safe. I really think a lot of people in our society need to take a look at themselves in the mirror when one person's death keeps outwaying and recieving more priority in the media over mass killings that have occured around the world.

Do not get me wrong the Amy Whinehouse death was a tragedy and she was very talented but I like you do not feel the story of her death should get more attention than such a tragedy in Norway.

Same thing with the Casey Anthony trial, everyone was obsessed with that while there were hundreds and/or thousands of other children are dying with out even a second thought. Sometimes it can be extremely frustrating to see the how the social cess pool can manipulate people into being obsessed with one life when thousands of other lives are being lost.

Archived