How impressed are you guys

WaSupGuy

with jon jones striking? Just his stand up. Imo I think its not impressive at all. Yes he wins his fights in dominating fashion and hes the future of mma but his standup is rather mediocre and the main reason its effective on his opponents is his ablility to manipulate his huge reach advantage. The bulk of the damage he inflicts is on the ground thro gnp again using his length as leverage. Hes not a technical, fluid, powerful or fast in the standup. If u compare him to top notch strikers in terms of aspects mentioned above he doent look as good. Thoughts

with jon jones striking? Just his stand up. Imo I think its not impressive at all. Yes he wins his fights in dominating fashion and hes the future of mma but his standup is rather mediocre and the main reason its effective on his opponents is his ablility to manipulate his huge reach advantage. The bulk of the damage he inflicts is on the ground thro gnp again using his length as leverage. Hes not a technical' date=' fluid, powerful or fast in the standup[/b']. If u compare him to top notch strikers in terms of aspects mentioned above he doent look as good. Thoughts

How could you not be impressed with his striking, did you see his fight with Shogun? He completely outclassed him in the striking from the very beginning with a flying knee that Shogun himself said hurt him very badly. He is great at using creative striking, his range, and timing. He mixes it up very well and throws very unorthodox strikes. And yes he actually is technical, fluid, powerful and fast. It's kinda funny you say that because that describes his striking style perfectly.

with jon jones striking? Just his stand up. Imo I think its not impressive at all. Yes he wins his fights in dominating fashion and hes the future of mma but his standup is rather mediocre and the main reason its effective on his opponents is his ablility to manipulate his huge reach advantage. The bulk of the damage he inflicts is on the ground thro gnp again using his length as leverage. Hes not a technical' date=' fluid, powerful or fast in the standup. If u compare him to top notch strikers in terms of aspects mentioned above he doent look as good. Thoughts[/quote']

I am not imprezzed with his performance...neither is GSP.

another thing that makes Bones so very dangerous, it's really not his reach or size. It's his ability in the clinch, when someone gets close enough to get their hands on him, he immediately monsters em to the ground, he is just extremely strong. Jone is capable of doing slams WITH ONE ARM! its the craziest thing. Im a much bigger fan of Rampage and do believe he will test Jones more than he has been tested and come away with a victory. Jones is very dangerous and there is just no way to train for his wrestling when his striking compliments it so perfectly. Above all his striking is unpredictable but even more so his timing is extraordinary, i mean did u see how easy he landed that spinning-back-elbow on Shogun, it landed flush. Hua just tapped out and said to himself "Well back to the drawing board".

another thing that makes Bones so very dangerous' date=' it's really not his reach or size. It's his ability in the clinch, when someone gets close enough to get their hands on him, he immediately monsters em to the ground, he is just extremely strong. Jone is capable of doing slams WITH ONE ARM! its the craziest thing. Im a much bigger fan of Rampage and do believe he will test Jones more than he has been tested and come away with a victory. Jones is very dangerous and there is just no way to train for his wrestling when his striking compliments it so perfectly. Above all his striking is unpredictable but even more so his timing is extraordinary, i mean did u see how easy he landed that spinning-back-elbow on Shogun, it landed flush. Hua just tapped out and said to himself "Well back to the drawing board".[/quote']

^ Lets be honest here, Shogun went through pretty close to twenty minutes of a beating and most likely fifteen of those being gassed. He did not just tap and go back to the drawing board and its Rua buddy :)

^ Lets be honest here' date=' Shogun went through pretty close to twenty minutes of a beating and most likely fifteen of those being gassed. He did not just tap and go back to the drawing board and its Rua buddy :)[/quote']

Here's the thing first off.....I like Shogun i was in no means disrespecting the guy, he has earned my respect over the years, but you totally disregarded what was important in this post. This post was not about Shogun (and yea i did misspell his name thanks) it's about JBJ PERIOD. What you should have taken from this is the fact that everything i said is true. Again tho, ima huge fan of Quinton (hes my fav EVER) so i am choosing him against JBJ. However im not so insolent that i dont realize what Bones's strengths are. Anything else????? ANDDDD PLEAAASE make it worth my time -___-

Here's the thing first off.....I like Shogun i was in no means disrespecting the guy' date=' he has earned my respect over the years, but you totally disregarded what was important in this post. This post was not about Shogun (and yea i did misspell his name thanks) it's about JBJ PERIOD. What you should have taken from this is the fact that everything i said is true. Again tho, ima huge fan of Quinton (hes my fav EVER) so i am choosing him against JBJ. However im not so insolent that i dont realize what Bones's strengths are. Anything else????? ANDDDD PLEAAASE make it worth my time -___-[/quote']

:confused: You failed at spelling his last name and said he tapped and went back to drawing board and I am wasting your time? :rolleyes:

another thing that makes Bones so very dangerous' date=' [b']it's really not his reach or size.[/b] It's his ability in the clinch, when someone gets close enough to get their hands on him, he immediately monsters em to the ground, he is just extremely strong. Jone is capable of doing slams WITH ONE ARM! its the craziest thing. Im a much bigger fan of Rampage and do believe he will test Jones more than he has been tested and come away with a victory. Jones is very dangerous and there is just no way to train for his wrestling when his striking compliments it so perfectly. Above all his striking is unpredictable but even more so his timing is extraordinary, i mean did u see how easy he landed that spinning-back-elbow on Shogun, it landed flush. Hua just tapped out and said to himself "Well back to the drawing board".

Should I even comment on that? :rolleyes:

another thing that makes Bones so very dangerous' date=' it's really not his reach or size. It's his ability in the clinch, when someone gets close enough to get their hands on him, he immediately monsters em to the ground, he is just extremely strong. Jone is capable of doing slams WITH ONE ARM! its the craziest thing. Im a much bigger fan of Rampage and do believe he will test Jones more than he has been tested and come away with a victory. Jones is very dangerous and there is just no way to train for his wrestling when his striking compliments it so perfectly. Above all his striking is unpredictable but even more so his timing is extraordinary, i mean did u see how easy he landed that spinning-back-elbow on Shogun, it landed flush. Hua just tapped out and said to himself "Well back to the drawing board".[/quote']

I am not imprezzed with your posting performance lol...:rolleyes:

:confused: You failed at spelling his last name and said he tapped and went back to drawing board and I am wasting your time? :rolleyes:

^^^ Fail......this isn't worthy of arguing' date=' God knows im not a keyboad warrior, so keep repeating this nonsense to yourself. I mean if you look at it, what you said has no valid point besides the spelling....The fact is the man tapped to strikes after taking a vicious, VICIOUS, VICIOUS,[b']VICIOUSVICIOUSVICIOUS[/b] kick to the face, which was ofcourse follow by endless straights. Tough day at the office for poooooooor RUAAA! PEACE & DEUCES

Here's the thing first off.....I like Shogun i was in no means disrespecting the guy' date=' he has earned my respect over the years, but you totally disregarded what was important in this post. This post was not about Shogun (and yea i did misspell his name thanks) it's about JBJ PERIOD. What you should have taken from this is the fact that everything i said is true. Again tho, ima huge fan of Quinton (hes my fav EVER) so i am choosing him against JBJ. However im not so insolent that i dont realize what Bones's strengths are. Anything else????? ANDDDD PLEAAASE make it worth my time -___-[/quote']

You are not going to tell me how to read something scene kid. I saw something something inaccurate and was actually doing you a favor and allowing you to clarify that you were not disrespecting Rua before you end up getting crucified by Shogun's fans.

^^^ Fail......this isn't worthy of arguing' date=' God knows im not a keyboad warrior, so keep repeating this nonsense to yourself. I mean if you look at it, what you said has no valid point besides the spelling....The fact is the man tapped to strikes after taking a vicious, VICIOUS, VICIOUS,[b']VICIOUSVICIOUSVICIOUS[/b] kick to the face, which was ofcourse follow by endless straights. Tough day at the office for poooooooor RUAAA! PEACE & DEUCES

:rolleyes: Please do not come on these forums with your weak sauce.

Your post was disrespectful to Shogun and I have respect for him even though he is not my favorite fighter. I am not going sit back and let you be stupid/disrespect to RUA.

another thing that makes bones so very dangerous' date=' [b']it's really not his reach or size[/b]. It's his ability in the clinch, when someone gets close enough to get their hands on him, he immediately monsters em to the ground, he is just extremely strong. Jone is capable of doing slams with one arm! Its the craziest thing. Im a much bigger fan of rampage and do believe he will test jones more than he has been tested and come away with a victory. Jones is very dangerous and there is just no way to train for his wrestling when his striking compliments it so perfectly. Above all his striking is unpredictable but even more so his timing is extraordinary, i mean did u see how easy he landed that spinning-back-elbow on shogun, it landed flush. Hua just tapped out and said to himself "well back to the drawing board".

lmfao. :D

You are not going to tell me how to read something scene kid. I saw something something inaccurate and was actually doing you a favor and allowing you to clarify that you were not disrespecting Rua before you end up getting crucified by Shogun's fans.

wow....now you Judge me -___- tsk tsk man, im the furthest thing from a scene kid, but ima very passionate mma fan as are we all. But really to throw a wild assumption out there like that, im not here to spread disease or judge anyone...say what you will, live off your judgement i really dont care.

^^^ Fail......this isn't worthy of arguing' date=' [b']God knows im not a keyboad warrior[/b], so keep repeating this nonsense to yourself. I mean if you look at it, what you said has no valid point besides the spelling....The fact is the man tapped to strikes after taking a vicious, VICIOUS, VICIOUS,VICIOUSVICIOUSVICIOUS kick to the face, which was ofcourse follow by endless straights. Tough day at the office for poooooooor RUAAA! PEACE & DEUCES

As your proceed to be one...this is irony at its finest.

wow....now you Judge me -___- tsk tsk man' date=' im the furthest thing from a scene kid, but ima very passionate mma fan as are we all. But really to throw a wild assumption out there like that, im not here to spread disease or judge anyone...say what you will, live off your judgement i really dont care.[/quote']

If it looks like a ****, talks like a ****, its a ****.

with jon jones striking? Just his stand up. Imo I think its not impressive at all. Yes he wins his fights in dominating fashion and hes the future of mma but his standup is rather mediocre and the main reason its effective on his opponents is his ablility to manipulate his huge reach advantage. The bulk of the damage he inflicts is on the ground thro gnp again using his length as leverage. Hes not a technical' date=' fluid, powerful or fast in the standup. If u compare him to top notch strikers in terms of aspects mentioned above he doent look as good. Thoughts[/quote']

Agreed but you re gonna get flamed cuz as soon as he landed a back elbow a strong % of the forum users suggested that his striking was godly and maybe even superior to silva.

another thing that makes Bones so very dangerous' date=' [b']it's really not his reach or size.[/b] It's his ability in the clinch, when someone gets close enough to get their hands on him, he immediately monsters em to the ground, he is just extremely strong. Jone is capable of doing slams WITH ONE ARM! its the craziest thing. Im a much bigger fan of Rampage and do believe he will test Jones more than he has been tested and come away with a victory. Jones is very dangerous and there is just no way to train for his wrestling when his striking compliments it so perfectly. Above all his striking is unpredictable but even more so his timing is extraordinary, i mean did u see how easy he landed that spinning-back-elbow on Shogun, it landed flush. Hua just tapped out and said to himself "Well back to the drawing board".

^ 2mh64uw.jpg

another thing that makes Bones so very dangerous' date=' [b']it's really not his reach or size[/b]. It's his ability in the clinch, when someone gets close enough to get their hands on him, he immediately monsters em to the ground, he is just extremely strong. Jone is capable of doing slams WITH ONE ARM! its the craziest thing. Im a much bigger fan of Rampage and do believe he will test Jones more than he has been tested and come away with a victory. Jones is very dangerous and there is just no way to train for his wrestling when his striking compliments it so perfectly. Above all his striking is unpredictable but even more so his timing is extraordinary, i mean did u see how easy he landed that spinning-back-elbow on Shogun, it landed flush. Hua just tapped out and said to himself "Well back to the drawing board".

Get off Jone's balls.

He gets better with every fight. People seem to forget how young he is and how long he'll continue to learn and dominate the competition. Rampage Jackson will look like Mostapha Al-Turk against Jones. And no' date=' that's not a compliment, Rampage.[/quote']

this ^

bones is a practically a neophyte of the sport. he has a ton of room to grow, lots to learn, and from what i've seen, he's willing to learn and evolve.

whatever caliber of fighter he is now, i expect (and am excited) to see him grow in future fights. :)

Jones IS YET TO BE TESTED IN UFC when he fights those 2 folks:

MACHIDA - He has all the tools necessary to beat Jones, period.

EVANS - May not have ALL the tools but has what it takes: athletic, fast, explosive, good cardio, KO power, outstanding wrestling, TDD and knows Jones on trainning bases.

hahahah i just know MMA bub' date=' get used to it. Also if you didnt notice, ummm im picking Page to cartoon JBJ. Other than that ummm ___WINNING____ hahaha[/quote']

:rolleyes: You know MMA...what does that mean for you there Emo Wolverine?

Masochist McSpanky Association?...Because the more you post the less and less I trust in your knowledge of real MMA.

:rolleyes: You know MMA...what does that mean for you there Emo Wolverine?

Masochist McSpanky Association?...Because the more you post the less and less I trust in your knowledge of real MMA.

it really doesnt matter to me whether or not you believe my MMA knowledge or not, your choice im not hear to spread the word like it's a Fn religious crisis or crusade. Believe what you will, say what you will. Have fun ahahaha :cool::cool:

it really doesnt matter to me whether or not you believe my MMA knowledge or not' date=' your choice im not hear to spread the word like it's a Fn religious crisis or crusade. Believe what you will, say what you will. Have fun ahahaha :cool::cool:[/quote']

:rolleyes: Spreads the word of knowing nothing about MMA, thats what you are doing ^

Wow some of u guys missed main point of OP, just his STANDUP, his wresting is great but his standup isnt all that impressive imo. Compare to anothny njokani (sp) or thiago alves (just off the top of my head) standup they blow jones technique out of the water, im not saying they can beat him in a fight or anything like that but compare technique, fluidness, combinations etc it doesn't look impressive by comparison. In regards to the shogun fight like a said in OP the bulk of the damage jones does in ALL of his fights is by gnp. The reason he is able to land his shot is beacuse of his reach, its not like hes a machida and sets up his shots.

On a sidenote he is very unothodox and is effective and his spinning back elbow is wicked nice ill give him that.

Archived