Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko....How Likely Is It To Happen?

Doctor_Obviously

Yes, I think it's time to bring back the old Brock/Fedor debate....

By the time Brock returns to the UFC, Fedor will be ready for another fight. Would this be a good idea? I know moneywise it would be the biggest fight of all time thus far. Do you think they'll face someone else and who did you have in mind for both?

I know the SF crossover won't happen for awhile and there will be contract issues, but how do you guys think Brock and Fedor will react in case they're asked?

Everyone would love to see this fight and its PPV buys would no doubt go through the roof. Unfortunately for sports fans, Fedor is no longer the Fedor of old.

But his handlers will never let him fight in the UFC. They will never allow his myth bubble to be burst. He will die without ever having played in the big leauges.

He will forever be an MMA legend who was never allowed to fight in the Big Time. Pity for sports lovers.

Almost as if Babe Ruth, Jack Dempsey, Ali, Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan never having been let in the Big Time.

i hate brock but i know he'd win this fight' date=' and when he did all the fedor nut huggers would be like oh he must be passed his prime ect end of story[/quote']

Or else they'll say Brock outsized him....but Fedor can't have any excuses for that. He said himself he's used to fighting HW, so why would he change?

If Fedor defeats Hendo it HAS to happen

Would there be a better fight for Fedor? I know Mir has taken interest in fighting Fedor.

I've always thought that Brocks style was great to beat Fedor's.

Fedor's best chance would to be on his feet, but with his lack of takedown defence, size and strength disadvantage, i think Brock could get it to the ground reletively easily where he could stuff Fedor's offense with his sheer size and ground control.

Fedor Emelianenko recently spoke about his fight this month against Dan Henderson and his future after that fight. Check out the highlights:

On if he'll continue his career after Henderson: "If it's God's will, then I can certainly continue fighting for several years to come. I'd like to continue to fight, and thank God right now I feel great. My health is great, and I'm in good physical shape. But we'll see."

On staying as a heavyweight: "I've always fought as a heavyweight, and I didn't see any reason to fight at a lighter weight. There haven't been any significant offers to fight a light heavyweight, so I fight at the same weight I'm accustomed to."

On Zuffa taking over Strikeforce: "It doesn't really matter to me. The main thing is that the fans of the sport see both of us fight and see the best fighters fight."

On whether his losing streak has affected his confidence: "If God has given us a certain path for our life, then I have to go down that path and feel confident about it."

http://www.mmascoops.com/article/Fedor_Talks_About_Post-Hen.php

If Fedor wins he has to fight Overeem or Brock' date=' no one wants to see him fight Mir[/quote']

Exactly. If by some odd chance, Frank Mir beat Fedor, Velasquez, and Dos Santos - nobody would still care about Frank Mir, except Frank Mir. Fedor/Brock, though - to me, it's only interesting because it's Fedor and Brock, lol. As how the fight may go.. Brock could possibly smother him and deliver some good gnp, but all it takes is for one hit on Brock's chin to make Brock fall apart.

Although I doubt I'll ever see Fedor in the UFC, if he ever did fight here, those I'd most like to watch him fight would be Lesnar, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and Randy Couture.

And yes, I do believe Couture would consider coming out of retirement for that one fight. Don't you?

For Jones, Silva and Couture, I'd like to see the fight at a catch-weight of 215.

Although I doubt I'll ever see Fedor in the UFC' date=' if he ever did fight here, those I'd most like to watch him fight would be Lesnar, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and Randy Couture.

And yes, I do believe Couture would consider coming out of retirement for that one fight. Don't you?

For Jones, Silva and Couture, I'd like to see the fight at a catch-weight of 215.[/quote']

Good post!

How about a Bisping-like double tap?

Oh come on...lol Fedor doesn't deserve that.

Yes' date=' I think it's time to bring back the old Brock/Fedor debate....

By the time Brock returns to the UFC, Fedor will be ready for another fight. Would this be a good idea? I know moneywise it would be the biggest fight of all time thus far. Do you think they'll face someone else and who did you have in mind for both?

I know the SF crossover won't happen for awhile and there will be contract issues, but how do you guys think Brock and Fedor will react in case they're asked?[/quote']

much depends on Emelianenko's next match, imo he needs to finish Henderson

within two rounds in dramatic fashion (considering Dan was dominated by a ww

last year) ... the losses to Werdum & Silva can be attributed to bad decisions, but

a loss or even a UD win vs Hendo is not acceptable & any subsequent match

w/ Lesnar would be basically another freak-show event .

Lesnar would need a tuner vs a decent/ worthy opponent for us to see exactly where

he is after the surgery/ layoff & I believe his only interest is the belt .

Alright it seems I HAVE to be the one to defend my man Frank Mir. Mir is always the underdog, but whether you hate him or like em, HE SELLS FIGHTS!!!! Mir is responsible for some of the UFC biggest paydays as far as PPV. People wont respect Mir regardless of what he accomplishes, but Mir does have a very deep following (mostly hate but still a following). Mir has dethroned a few legends in his time, excluding the fact that they were this or that, look at his resume, it's actually quite impressive. He's beaten Minatuaro, Cro-Cop, Syliva (when he wasnt the biggest can of all time, i think when Mir broke his arm Tim Sylvia noticed he was ambidextrous and forgot how to fight) He destroyed Kongo (and even predicted it's outcome :cool:) Conclusion being Mir sells fights and damn sure knows how to win. PERIOD!

Alright bro' date=' but no one wants to see him fight Fedor. No one has Mir in their superfights

His funniest moments were Lesnar 2 and Carwin, I laughed my *** off

I like the guy, but he's no superstar

We want superfights like Fedor/Overeem or Fedor/Brock[/quote']

Just gotta defend him, No one else was gonna. I love the idea of superfights, but for people to completely disregard Mir and his ability is ludacris. I really just wanna see how the Reem deals with someone in the UFC, apparently if u mix up ur gameplan with alot of awkward, he's pretty easy to hit.

If they ever fought' date=' I believe Brock would win.

Its a fight we all want to see.

Im sure Dana wants the fight. He would love to see Brock smash Fedor......

As well as the money it would generate. This fights needs to happen.[/quote']

you've obviously forgotten how bad Lesnar sucks, he fears getting

face punched, so fighting Fedor is really not on Borko's wish list - seriously dude

you've obviously forgotten how bad Lesnar sucks' date=' he fears getting

face punched, so fighting Fedor is really not on Borko's wish list - seriously dude[/quote']

+10,000 exactly whats the deal with Brock receiving all these calls is if he's a Fn superstar, he has no ability just size. Brock is not a star, he better show up a hell ofa lot better in his next fight and perhaps not start the fight off with an ill timed flying knee -__-

2lcw6c5.jpgyes yes a sore ankle:rolleyes:...compared to the face beating Brock gave him...i say Brock wins that rivalry:cool:

my response... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuu look at that horrendous looking pie, i assume this was made possible because of Dr.Obviously. Mir will never have his respect back......WELLLLLL atleast he's actually ___WINNING____sorry i rest my case ____WINNING____

hendo vs fedor is going to be an epic fight,i was originally thinking fedor would win,but as the fight gets closer i am swaying towards hendo,i mean rock solid chin,great wrestling and dangerous standup,he isnt by any means easy to beat and fedor will have to bring his A game

What makes you think it wouldn't be just like Fedor vs Bigfoot Silva? I have always said Fedor is over rated. He will lose to Hendo and he will retire. He will NEVER fight in the UFC. Argue and tell me I'm wrong all you want' date=' but that's just how it is.[/quote']

why would fedor want to even fight in the UFC if he CANT beat the top guys in strikeforce,the top few guys in the UFC (Cain,JDS) are the best going around bar NONE

Well' date=' then the SF guys don't suck either.

Overeem

Cormier

Big Foot

Werdum

Barnett

Kharitonov

Del Rosario

Griggs

they have a much deeper HW division[/quote']

yeah but tat the top of the food chain is Cain and JDS and they are in the UFC period...

and maybe have a few matchups like Lesnar vs Cormier,JDS vs overeem,Carwin vs Rogers,Kongo vs Bigfoot/Kharitonov,Mir vs Werdum

fedor messed up. dana white would have sheltered him in the ufc to keep his market high. anyways, there's no relevancy in the fight, but if the promotion is perfecting in hyping the fight, there is a lot of money to be made there. but you guys should realize that brock's ppv buys are so high b/c of the casual fans that know who he is. casual fans do not know fedor. so the promotion should tell the casual fans about his legacy. he truly is (sheltered or not) a legend, and a humble man who trusted the wrong management and is faithful to them.

Archived