Now I know I'll be jumped on for this, but....

MuayThaiKickboxer

The fans of the UFC are ruining the UFC. UFC fans all over America complain their guts out about "Lay N' Praying" and "Wall N' Stalling". Most UFC fans immediately start to complain about this the second a fighter gets taken down. MOST UFC fighters don't Lay N' Pray. They're just using their strengths to their advantage, and that's them being smart. Take Rashad Evans as an example, whenever he goes to a decision, people complain about him LnP because he was on top most of the fight. He's just using his strength to his advantage, playing it smart, and let's face it, you would do the same. IMO, complaining does nothing, it actually does harm. People complained about boxing, and now look at it, it's fixed. People are going to complain and complain about ground game in MMA, and I guarantee soon the UFC will start fixing fights to keep it standing, because most "UFC" fans or "MMA" fans are not true fans, they're fans of Kickboxing/Muay Thai/Boxing. The only UFC fans I respect are the ones that appreciate the art of the game, and actually know what's going on and gets excited when the ground game forms into a fight. To me, especially on this forum, these type of UFC fans are fading away, and complaining D bags are taking their place.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hahaha too bad the MW division is nothing but cans.... and Anderson Silva

vitor is no can

EDIT: also, the fans you speak of are just there to see some violence. The UFC is what's wrong with the UFC LOL because they try to give the impression of being the most realistic fight sport etc, but they have these wrestling matches.

I actually find a good competative wrestling/bjj/g&p match just as if not more entertaining then a standup fight.

Ok' date=' bro, but Dana won't ever allow UFC fights to be fixed. He doesn't give a **** about what the fans say as long as he makes his money

And I get your point, but this has been discussed millions of times[/quote']

Well I wouldn't know if it has been discussed a million times. And what if he fixes fights, to get the result the fans want, hence get more fans to watch in the future, because they're getting the results they want.

The fans of the UFC are ruining the UFC. UFC fans all over America complain their guts out about "Lay N' Praying" and "Wall N' Stalling". Most UFC fans immediately start to complain about this the second a fighter gets taken down. MOST UFC fighters don't Lay N' Pray. They're just using their strengths to their advantage' date=' and that's them being smart. Take Rashad Evans as an example, whenever he goes to a decision, people complain about him LnP because he was on top most of the fight. He's just using his strength to his advantage, playing it smart, and let's face it, you would do the same. IMO, complaining does nothing, it actually does harm. People complained about boxing, and now look at it, it's fixed. People are going to complain and complain about ground game in MMA, and I guarantee soon the UFC will start fixing fights to keep it standing, because most "UFC" fans or "MMA" fans are not true fans, they're fans of Kickboxing/Muay Thai/Boxing. The only UFC fans I respect are the ones that appreciate the art of the game, and actually know what's going on and gets excited when the ground game forms into a fight. To me, especially on this forum, these type of UFC fans are fading away, and complaining D bags are taking their place.[/quote']

Its been proven that no grappling sports can draw fans, so the ufc won't be any different, EVER!!

Also, it's pretty impossible for fans of anything to ruin what it is they are fans of. It's the LACK of fans that destroys as such. And how does something, in this case, the UFC, begin to get a LACK of fans?

From fighters lacking the will to...um, FIGHT

Jon Fitch is the ideal person to have in mind currently. Great wrestler, inactive fighter. Gegard Mousasi did more damage to King Mo from the bottom in ONE FIGHT than Fitch has done on top in his WHOLE career.

20090712093129_Paulo_Thiago_vs__Jon_Fitch_5b.JPG

You don't come into a fight with part of your gameplan being to stall and/or take a break to get rest and catch your breath

The fans of the UFC are ruining the UFC. UFC fans all over America complain their guts out about "Lay N' Praying" and "Wall N' Stalling". Most UFC fans immediately start to complain about this the second a fighter gets taken down. MOST UFC fighters don't Lay N' Pray. They're just using their strengths to their advantage' date=' and that's them being smart. Take Rashad Evans as an example, whenever he goes to a decision, people complain about him LnP because he was on top most of the fight. He's just using his strength to his advantage, playing it smart, and let's face it, you would do the same. IMO, complaining does nothing, it actually does harm. People complained about boxing, and now look at it, it's fixed. People are going to complain and complain about ground game in MMA, and I guarantee soon the UFC will start fixing fights to keep it standing, because most "UFC" fans or "MMA" fans are not true fans, they're fans of Kickboxing/Muay Thai/Boxing. The only UFC fans I respect are the ones that appreciate the art of the game, and actually know what's going on and gets excited when the ground game forms into a fight. To me, especially on this forum, these type of UFC fans are fading away, and complaining D bags are taking their place.[/quote']

Yeah just like the fans of strikeforce are ruining Strikeforce.:rolleyes:

Yeah just like the fans of NFL are the reason for the Lockout :rolleyes:

Yeah just like you are a very intelligent poster :rolleyes:

The fans of the UFC are ruining the UFC. UFC fans all over America complain their guts out about "Lay N' Praying" and "Wall N' Stalling". Most UFC fans immediately start to complain about this the second a fighter gets taken down. MOST UFC fighters don't Lay N' Pray. They're just using their strengths to their advantage' date=' and that's them being smart. Take Rashad Evans as an example, whenever he goes to a decision, people complain about him LnP because he was on top most of the fight. He's just using his strength to his advantage, playing it smart, and let's face it, you would do the same. IMO, complaining does nothing, it actually does harm. People complained about boxing, and now look at it, it's fixed. People are going to complain and complain about ground game in MMA, and I guarantee soon the UFC will start fixing fights to keep it standing, because most "UFC" fans or "MMA" fans are not true fans, they're fans of Kickboxing/Muay Thai/Boxing. [b']The only UFC fans I respect are the ones that appreciate the art of the game, and actually know what's going on and gets excited when the ground game forms into a fight. To me, especially on this forum, these type of UFC fans are fading away, and complaining D bags are taking their place[/b].

Good post..

I usually get together with several friends and order the PPV's. Most of us have been watching MMA for around a decade, and we almost never get bored during any fight. Every aspect of the game is beautiful in its own right, & the fact that there are so many differente techniques and styles is what makes the sport interesting imho. May the best man win, and 9 times out of 10, he does.

That said, every once in a while we have a new guy over who hardly ever watches the sport. These are almost always the people who are first to complain about 'lay and pray' and what not.

Don't get me wrong.. There are many very educated and very knowleadgeable people on this forum who do the same thing, but all in all, this forum is not at all representative of the larger MMA fanbase.

its not the grappling people mind, its when people are not active on the ground and should obviosuly be stood up and do not. Or when there is a good ground battle going on and the refs stand it up.

the people who are purposely resting on their opponent for 15 minutes are giving other active wrestlers and BJJ guys a bad name.

its not the grappling people mind' date=' its when people are not active on the ground and should obviosuly be stood up and do not. Or when there is a good ground battle going on and the refs stand it up.

the people who are purposely resting on thei opponent for 15 minutes are giving other active wrestlers and BJJ guys a bad name.[/quote']

ala Mighty mouse on Miguel Torres was like wet cement of him while Torres was doing all the work of his back. Sub attempts, sweeps passes ect. Dam you mighty mouse! But i still like you coz your a funny bloke lol.

Nice post. Ignore the little trolls that complain about the same topics that keep being brought up on this site. These little punks have no life and are here 24-7. most sit on their computer and just wait for a new post. Some probably haven't washed the TapOut shirt they've been wearing now for 2 weeks. Your observation was interesting and I tend to agree with most of it except for the fights being fixed. That would kill it faster than ignorant fans.

Hahaha too bad the MW division is nothing but cans.... and Anderson Silva

This is because he soooo good he make everyone look like cans.

Haters will hate and you guys need a new argument. gets kind of jon fitch (boring) everytime the quality of opponents is brought up. SNOOOOOOZZZZZZZZEEEEEEE

2058g2a.gif

Get a grip on reality. People are not complaining about all wresters, just wrestlers that abuse the point system for their own nefarius ends. When was the last time you heard people complaing about Hughes, Ortiz, or Rampage? You don't. The reason being is that they use their wrestling to defeat their opoonents and not to score points. So the focus of your post should be why do fans hate wrestlers who take their opponent down and are then inactive? A better qusetion is why would a fan write a post sticking up for fighters who abuse the scoring system and cheat the fans?

Also' date=' [b']it's pretty impossible for fans of anything to ruin what it is they are fans of.[/b] It's the LACK of fans that destroys as such. And how does something, in this case, the UFC, begin to get a LACK of fans?

From fighters lacking the will to...um, FIGHT

Jon Fitch is the ideal person to have in mind currently. Great wrestler, inactive fighter. Gegard Mousasi did more damage to King Mo from the bottom in ONE FIGHT than Fitch has done on top in his WHOLE career.

20090712093129_Paulo_Thiago_vs__Jon_Fitch_5b.JPG

You don't come into a fight with part of your gameplan being to stall and/or take a break to get rest and catch your breath

Well people like you aren't MMA fans, you're fans of knockouts and stand up fighting.

Get a grip on reality. People are not complaining about all wresters' date=' just wrestlers that abuse the point system for their own nefarius ends. When was the last time you heard people complaing about Hughes, Ortiz, or Rampage? You don't. The reason being is that they use their wrestling to defeat their opoonents and not to score points. So the focus of your post should be why do fans hate wrestlers who take their opponent down and are then inactive? A better qusetion is why would a fan write a post sticking up for fighters who abuse the scoring system and cheat the fans?[/quote']

Rampage doesn't use wrestling,

Nice post. Ignore the little trolls that complain about the same topics that keep being brought up on this site. These little punks have no life and are here 24-7. most sit on their computer and just wait for a new post. Some probably haven't washed the TapOut shirt they've been wearing now for 2 weeks. Your observation was interesting and I tend to agree with most of it except for the fights being fixed. That would kill it faster than ignorant fans.

Thanks bro

Good post..

I usually get together with several friends and order the PPV's. Most of us have been watching MMA for around a decade' date=' and we almost never get bored during any fight.[b'] Every aspect of the game is beautiful in its own right, & the fact that there are so many differente techniques and styles is what makes the sport interesting imho.[/b] May the best man win, and 9 times out of 10, he does.

That said, every once in a while we have a new guy over who hardly ever watches the sport. These are almost always the people who are first to complain about 'lay and pray' and what not.

Don't get me wrong.. There are many very educated and very knowleadgeable people on this forum who do the same thing, but all in all, this forum is not at all representative of the larger MMA fanbase.

Could NOT agree more bro!

its not the grappling people mind' date=' its when people are not active on the ground and should obviosuly be stood up and do not.[/b'] Or when there is a good ground battle going on and the refs stand it up.

the people who are purposely resting on their opponent for 15 minutes are giving other active wrestlers and BJJ guys a bad name.

Then don't talk crap on the fighters, but on the refs.

Archived