Who has the biggest heart in the UFC??

prodigy9

Obviously i know everyones heart is the size of there clentched fist before someone says Shane Carwin due to his giant fists!!!

Who do you think has the greatest desire and "never say die" attitude....

carwin seems like a good place to start actually- I thought it was awesome when he was busted up with 30 seconds to go against JDS, had no chance of winning the fight but when asked him he wanted to continue he said "hell yeah" or something like that.

Obviously i know everyones heart is the size of there clentched fist before someone says Shane Carwin due to his giant fists!!!

carwin seems like a good place to start actually- I thought it was awesome when he was busted up with 30 seconds to go against JDS' date=' had no chance of winning the fight but when asked him he wanted to continue he said "hell yeah" or something like that.[/quote']

carwin gave up the choke against lesnar. brock was trying the goddamn arm triangle for two minutes before he sunk it in...but carwin was gassed, and gave up the choke...

leben has pretty good heart...or big balls...either way, he's a fighter you have to really work to take out.

joe warren is mostly heart. i dont think he has quit in him...i dont even like the guy...

frankie edgar has massive heart, imo...

carwin gave up the choke against lesnar. brock was trying the goddamn arm triangle for two minutes before he sunk it in...but carwin was gassed' date=' and gave up the choke...

leben has pretty good heart...or big balls...either way, he's a fighter you have to really work to take out.

joe warren is mostly heart. i dont think he has quit in him...i dont even like the guy...

frankie edgar has massive heart, imo...[/quote']

carwin couldn't even lift his arms in that 2nd round....he was gone... he could have done a BJ Penn vs GSP II & not come out for the round but he came and brang it for the next round....

At first I thought it was Ken Shamrock (in the first fight with tito) he had the heart of a lion!!!, but then Frankie Edgar against Gray Maynard happend... hes got the heart of a champion!!! but then Mark vs Jose Aldo... Mark has convinced me he has the biggest heart in MMA history, especially at the last round while he was pounding away trying to end the fight and win...

I think heart is more then just the willingness to fight- It takes real heart to go into a fight and try to finish your opponent, no matter how tough he is, instead of just trying to survive and win a decision. That is why I give Chuck Liddell credit for having more heart then anybody! Tito tapped to strikes against Frank Shamrock, and didn't even try to win in the second Liddell fight, he just tried to survive! Edgar ran for 4 rounds against Maynard and won a bad decision. I think every fighter who goes into the cage has heart, but some true warriors really stand out.

I think heart is more then just the willingness to fight- It takes real heart to go into a fight and try to finish your opponent' date=' no matter how tough he is, instead of just trying to survive and win a decision. That is why I give Chuck Liddell credit for having more heart then anybody! [b']Tito tapped to strikes against Frank Shamrock, and didn't even try to win in the second Liddell fight, he just tried to survive![/b] Edgar ran for 4 rounds against Maynard and won a bad decision. I think every fighter who goes into the cage has heart, but some true warriors really stand out.

Give me a break.

carwin couldn't even lift his arms in that 2nd round....he was gone... he could have done a BJ Penn vs GSP II & not come out for the round but he came and brang it for the next round....

good point ;)

dan hardy v gsp. hardy was all heart...i thought the georges was going to aoki dan...

Diego Sanchez- he seems to get busted up in every fight, but just keeps on coming. That guy doesn't know how to quit. In the fight against BJ, his forehead was gashed open from a head kick, pouring blood everywhere. He wanted to keep going, but the doctor stopped it in the 5th round. Same with the Kampmann fight, except that it went to a decision.

Mark Hominick- I became a fan after the Aldo fight. He took a beating, but just kept trying to put something together despite that horrific looking fetus growing out of the side of his head. Tons of heart.

Roy Nelson- Yes, his heart is probably clogged with Burger King grease, but it is huge nonetheless. He took a beating from JDS, but kept pushing forward in hopes of landing that one big whopper of a punch. He just wouldn't give up.

Shane Carwin- See Nelson (minus the Burger King thing)

I think heart is more then just the willingness to fight- It takes real heart to go into a fight and try to finish your opponent' date=' no matter how tough he is, instead of just trying to survive and win a decision. That is why I give Chuck Liddell credit for having more heart then anybody! [b']Tito tapped to strikes against Frank Shamrock, and didn't even try to win in the second Liddell fight, he just tried to survive![/b] Edgar ran for 4 rounds against Maynard and won a bad decision. I think every fighter who goes into the cage has heart, but some true warriors really stand out.

Give me a break.

Think I have to agree with classicboxer on that.... Although he gassed against frank & knew he couldn't beat Chuck- I think Chuck got in his head.

I think heart is more then just the willingness to fight- It takes real heart to go into a fight and try to finish your opponent' date=' no matter how tough he is, instead of just trying to survive and win a decision. That is why I give Chuck Liddell credit for having more heart then anybody! Tito tapped to strikes against Frank Shamrock, and didn't even try to win in the second Liddell fight, he just tried to survive! Edgar ran for 4 rounds against Maynard and won a bad decision. I think every fighter who goes into the cage has heart, but some true warriors really stand out.[/quote']

Edgar boxed for four rounds, and even slammed Maynard, a much larger wrestler than himself. And as for Chuck, he tapped to strikes against Rampage, so he's miles behind Frankie.

carwin seems like a good place to start actually- I thought it was awesome when he was busted up with 30 seconds to go against JDS' date=' had no chance of winning the fight but when asked him he wanted to continue he said "hell yeah" or something like that.[/quote']

Definately not the guy in your avatar! Anyone who quits between rounds is not a fighter.

The crippler comes to mind for me. Not crazy about Sanchez but he is up there.

Edgar boxed for four rounds' date=' and even slammed Maynard, a much larger wrestler than himself. [b']And as for Chuck, he tapped to strikes against Rampage[/b], so he's miles behind Frankie.

No he didn't.... where did you get that from????

1st fight Liddell took alot of punishment & hackleman through in the towell & second fight was a ko...Liddell was trying to fight the ref afetr it was stopped....

tapped from strikes-

ortiz vs Frank Shamrock

GSP vs Serra

Shogun vs Bones

No he didn't.... where did you get that from????

1st fight Liddell took alot of punishment & hackleman through in the towell & second fight was a ko...Liddell was trying to fight the ref afetr it was stopped....

Tapping and asking someone to throw in the towel are the same thing, they quit. Ever see Frankie quit? Nope.

I am not a huge fan of the guy, but Frankie Edgar, the guy has a lot of heart and a tremendous work ethic.

Another one is Diego Sanchez, he has such an incredible amount of self belief that he never stops - in the BJ fight he got absolutely mauled, but NEVER stopped

Big Country, great chin and great heart

Come on guys, I am hope Rampage and Tito fan but Chuck has never tapped to strikes. He got KTFO by Rampage.....

As far as Tito "tapping to strikes" if you watch the fight he had just gotten out of a guillotine and was out of oxygen and could not breath he would have been eating punches all day the way frank was hitting him from too would have done serious damage. He really tapped to lack of oxygen instead of not being able to breath from getting pelted with punches. Anyone who couldnt breath and was getting pelted with hard punches would have tapped, lets be honest.

Tito never quit in the Liddell fights...he did cover when Liddell was wailing on him...to intelligently protect himself but he never gave up or quit.

Forrest Griffin.

First, let me say, I like Forest Griffin. Cool guy, good fighter and exciting fights. But when he fought Anderson Silva he gave up and then ran out of the octagon. You can not say he has the biggest heart if he gives up in a fight.

Remember everyone before you flame me, I like Forest a bunch just saying true stuff.

First' date=' let me say, I like Forest Griffin. Cool guy, good fighter and exciting fights. But when he fought Anderson Silva he gave up and then ran out of the octagon. You can not say he has the biggest heart if he gives up in a fight.

Remember everyone before you flame me, I like Forest a bunch just saying true stuff.[/quote']

This

First' date=' let me say, I like Forest Griffin. Cool guy, good fighter and exciting fights. But when he fought Anderson Silva he gave up and then ran out of the octagon. You can not say he has the biggest heart if he gives up in a fight.

Remember everyone before you flame me, I like Forest a bunch just saying true stuff.[/quote']

I am not positive, but didn't Forrest have a broken jaw and went def in one ear for a bit after that fight?

literally he has the biggest heart in the ufc

To me he didn't give up on that fight. He was the one running forward and just getting the crap beat outta him. Running towards Anderson Silva with wild punches definitely isn't the smartest thing to do but to me it shows plenty of heart.

Guys like Liddell, Wanderlei or CC. Think about it, these guys have nothing left to prove, and are way past their primes yet they keep on fighting just for the love of the sport. Plus you could also add they always bring it and fight for the fans! You could also add Couture to the list btw :cool:

Diego Sanchez- he seems to get busted up in every fight' date=' but just keeps on coming. That guy doesn't know how to quit. In the fight against BJ, his forehead was gashed open from a head kick, pouring blood everywhere. He wanted to keep going, but the doctor stopped it in the 5th round. Same with the Kampmann fight, except that it went to a decision.

Mark Hominick- I became a fan after the Aldo fight. He took a beating, but just kept trying to put something together despite that horrific looking fetus growing out of the side of his head. Tons of heart.

Roy Nelson- Yes, his heart is probably clogged with Burger King grease, but it is huge nonetheless. He took a beating from JDS, but kept pushing forward in hopes of landing that one big whopper of a punch. He just wouldn't give up.

Shane Carwin- See Nelson (minus the Burger King thing)[/quote']

Much the same for me as well regarding Hominick, he really had no means of beating Aldo after 3 dominant rounds, but he refused to back-down even with a massive hematoma on his forheard. Hell Aldo was disgusted by the thing, i felt bad for both of em lol.

Edgar boxed for four rounds' date=' and even slammed Maynard, a much larger wrestler than himself. And as for Chuck, he tapped to strikes against Rampage, so he's miles behind Frankie.[/quote']

Chuck didn't tap against Rampage, the referee stopped it. Edgar steps into the cage with a gameplan of playing it safe and winning a decision!

I came into this thread, not to post who I think has a big heart, but to just disagree with a large majority of this forum.

Forrest Griffin does not have the biggest heart, as a matter of fact, he's got pretty weak heart.

To be fair, I will put a little list of fighters with big heart... The front-runner (IMO) is definitely Frank Edgar. If you don't put him out, he's right up in your face 'til that final bell.

Stephan Bonnar is way up there too. He loves to get in and trade blows. It's literally like he loves eating people's fists just as long as it's a bloodbath, and he's always in the fight. He's the most underrated guy at LHW in my opinion, because people disregard him as a fighter and stick him with the lowest of the fighters, but I guarantee he could beat a majority of the division at all aspects of the game.

Bonnar's problem is that he lost to an ancient Mark Coleman' date=' but he has a lot of heart and would like to see him fight Tito after he loses to Rashad[/quote']

That would be an interesting matchup. I'd have to give it to Bonnar, though. He'd turn it into a stand up brawl, and that definitely doesn't favor Tito.

Archived