Who do you think won between BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch?

Shuberling

29-28 Penn, BJ clearly won round 1, round 2 was close but BJ had backmount so i gave him the round on dominant position and aggressiveness, was BJ pounded in round 3 yes but was it 10-8 no and here is why Fitch never left guard! Argue with me all you want but Dana and Lorenzo agree with me and that is why BJ is getting the #1 contender fight against Condit, because Penn got a draw that should have been a win against the #2 ranked WW in the world :)

29-28 Penn' date=' BJ clearly won round 1, round 2 was close but BJ had backmount so i gave him the round on dominant position and aggressiveness, was BJ pounded in round 3 yes but was it 10-8 no and here is why Fitch never left guard! Argue with me all you want but Dana and Lorenzo agree with me and that is why BJ is getting the #1 contender fight against Condit, because Penn got a draw that should have been a win against the #2 ranked WW in the world :)[/quote']

I don't see how getting Fitch's back earns him the round. He never threatened from the position.

Fitch outstruck him standing up that round, and on the ground. They had the same takedowns, but BJ had the backmount, and Fitch had a reversal, cancelling each other out, imo. But all together, Fitch was on top for almost 2-3 minutes of that round doing his thing, whereas Penn only had about 20-30 seconds of quality work.

imho, the round wasn't even that close after breaking it down.

I don't see how getting Fitch's back earns him the round. He never threatened from the position.

Fitch outstruck him standing up that round' date=' and on the ground. They had the same takedowns, but BJ had the backmount, and Fitch had a reversal, cancelling each other out, imo. But all together, Fitch was on top for almost 2-3 minutes of that round doing his thing, whereas Penn only had about 20-30 seconds of quality work.

imho, the round wasn't even that close after breaking it down.[/quote']

Fact is the round was close but BJ did win that round sure he was reversed but that doesn't change the fact the he had a dominant position(backmount) and controlled the first half of the round, after the fight i remember thinking it was either a Penn win or a draw, and it was a draw but regardless its like BJ got the win because hes in a WW #1 contender fight and The blanket is sitting at home :)

end this crap thread now.

fitch man handled penn. look at the fight stats.

fitch is right, another round or 2 and penn would have thrown in the towel.

only a bj fanboy would defend him with a thread like this. even if someone thinks penn won by some remote technicality in judging, he still got his *ss whooped. he was helpless and defenseless in that 3rd round.

29-28 Penn' date=' BJ clearly won round 1, round 2 was close but BJ had backmount so i gave him the round on dominant position and aggressiveness, was BJ pounded in round 3 yes but was it 10-8 no and here is why Fitch never left guard! Argue with me all you want but Dana and Lorenzo agree with me and that is why BJ is getting the #1 contender fight against Condit, because Penn got a draw that should have been a win against the #2 ranked WW in the world :)[/quote']

you mean b/c dana hates fitch :)

end this crap thread now.

fitch man handled penn. look at the fight stats.

fitch is right' date=' another round or 2 and penn would have thrown in the towel.

only a bj fanboy would defend him with a thread like this. even if someone thinks penn won by some remote technicality in judging, he still got his *ss whooped. he was helpless and defenseless in that 3rd round.[/quote']

Yeah because Fitch was dropping serious bombs on him. He was about as helpless as I am when my 2 year old jumps on me and tries to work GnP. LOL. Penn won, Dana and Lorenzo agree, so it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

BarbaricBob;2069199]Yeah because Fitch was dropping serious bombs on him. He was about as helpless as I am when my 2 year old jumps on me and tries to work GnP.[/b] LOL. Penn won' date=' Dana and Lorenzo agree, so it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.[/quote']

what-everrr

The actual judges' scores were:

1. 28-28

2. 28-28

3. 29-28 Fitch

In any other sport, this would have resulted in a win for Fitch. A win is a win.

The fight was declared a majority draw only in the strictest, technical sense.

Numerically, Fitch beat Penn. BJ is a very great fighter, but he lost this fight, and the UFC is terrified to let him fight Fitch in a 5-round fight. After the first one, they know only too well what will happen in a 5-round rematch. Corruption in its most naked form.

LOL. Penn won' date=' Dana and Lorenzo agree, so it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.[/quote']

Which is why the sport can't break through to network TV or major media. We're treated like crap because we still have so much crap and baggage.

Fitch is being crapped on & the masses won't have it.

The actual judges' scores were:

1. 28-28

2. 28-28

3. 29-28 Fitch

In any other sport' date=' this would have resulted in a win for Fitch. A win is a win.

The fight was declared a majority draw only in the strictest, technical sense.

Numerically, Fitch beat Penn. BJ is a very great fighter, but he lost this fight, and the UFC is terrified to let him fight Fitch in a 5-round fight. After the first one, they know only too well what will happen in a 5-round rematch. Corruption in its most naked form.[/quote']

Exactly. Penn would be doomed in a 5 rounder unless he could finish him early. One of the judges having Fitch winning is all they should need to call him a winner. I have never liked this idea. If two have it as a draw and one as a winner why not just say Fitch won by a minority decision. (I don't think there is such a thing but you get the idea)

Exactly. Penn would be doomed in a 5 rounder unless he could finish him early. One of the judges having Fitch winning is all they should need to call him a winner. I have never liked this idea. If two have it as a draw and one as a winner why not just say Fitch won by a minority decision. (I don't think there is such a thing but you get the idea)

6a00d83451b8c369e20147e2a0c8e4970b-800wi

Fact is the round was close but BJ did win that round sure he was reversed but that doesn't change the fact the he had a dominant position(backmount) and controlled the first half of the round

He didn't control the "first half of the round" though. He had dominant position for like 20 seconds, and could barely even attempt to do anything with it.

The first half of the round was pretty even all things considered, and the 2nd half wasn't all that much different than Round 3 was.

Round 2 was Fitch's based on dominance in striking, octagon control, & aggression. They were about equal in grappling, but even then, that's only if you give a lot of points to Penn for having his back for 20 seconds.

I really dont care who everyone thinks won the fight BJ is a natural lightweight and fought too a draw with the #2 ranked WW in the world! Could Frankie Edgar have fought Fitch to a draw? Dont think so, and its like BJ got the win because hes getting the #1 contender fight against Condit not Fitch so it doesn't matter who won the fight to be honest.

BTW i think BJ won 29-28

Archived